You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Closet Ghost - Cry Of The Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Closet Ghost - Cry Of The Little Girl

 

My story begins about a year ago. I've lived in my house for about 10 years. For the past 5 I have lived downstairs in my basement, the only rooms down there when we moved in were the bathroom and laundry room. My dad and mom created my bedroom in order for my aunt to move in with us, after a year she moved out making me chose the room down stairs to stay in.

Ever since I moved in to my room I have always got a strange feeling coming from the closet. There are no doors attached to it so you can just look right inside. At night, when I'm trying to sleep, I have to keep myself from looking, feeling like something is going to be looking right back on me. Out of all my friends that have spent the night at my house, they also got that feeling that something would look at them if they looked at night.

Nothing but that has particularly happened. But last year while I was sleeping, I could feel something press down on the covers. Me being scared, I ignored it and covered my head and went back to sleep. About a few weeks later, my friend was staying the night. We we're watching a movie and during one part we heard someone laugh. Now we know it wasn't from the movie because no one really laughs in harry potter like we heard. We dismissed it and watched the movie.

The next night, my friend had gone home and I was by myself, for my parents we're out enjoying a night together. My little sister was down the street at a friends house for the night. While I was just about to fall asleep, a felt a small hand touch mine and heard a little girl say "mommy". I don't know what it wanted but I know it freaked me out a little bit.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BeautifullyHaunted231, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
this is very sad. How could you not know what she wanted? She asked "mommy?" That is really sad. She obviously misses her mom. YOu should tell her to move into the light with the angels and maybe her mom will be ther waiting for her.
Paratea23 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
😢 That's very creepy, hearing and feeling something at the same time can't be fun.

I can't help feeling really bad for that child though (if it really is a child). It makes me sad to think it might be lonely. Then again, be careful, just because it looks, sounds, or feels like a child doesn't mean that's what it is.

I also feel its necessary to say I have a friend who grew up in Michigan and she has had so many run-ins with ghost's its not even funny. I'm starting to think it's a highly haunted state.

Hope you can find answers and the Child is really a child.

~Para
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I haven't read any other comments. Because I totally got goose bumps & had to tell you right away I FRIGGING KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL! I hate it I hate it I hate it. I know it sounds lame to be afraid of something just LOOKING at you but for some strange reason it's terrifying. No? UHG! I don't like it when I just 'feel' something looking at me so there no way on earth I would want to actually SEE it lookin at meh! Good story. Fav'n it 😁

~LSD~
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
This is exactly why I keep my closet doors closed. Like otteer said, get something to cover it up. Like the other posters have said determine if the spirit is truly that of a child or demon then decide if you have to help it if it is a child. There are some people that not up to it. To tell you the truth, I would be completely scared.

If you feel any dark energy, burn sage or intense around your room to bring positive energy. Then there is nothing like good old salt. Put a line in from of the closet door.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
thanks for sharing. Nice story. I have to suggest what others already have and that is be careful with the child entity. I would first do some research on the property to see if there is anything in the past with a little girl. See if you can borrow some of your little sister's toys and put them in your room in one place and see if they get moved to another. Little stuff like that can tell you if it is a child. Also listen to your intuition, if the fear you feel is strong and you don't feel safe, you get depressed when you normally are pretty happy, that alone is a bad sign and a sign that something evil is lurking. I don't know if you are a Christian person but if you are keep a cross in your room. Get lavander and have it in your room. Burning sage also sends bad spirits out.

Hope this helps a little and please keep us posted.

Luv
concernedwiccan (16 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
quick warning some malevolent entities might take on the guise of a child in order to get close to you. Don't take risks trust youre instincts. If it is malevolent it might try to earn youre trust. Only to posess your body. If it truly is a child good for you youre a mother now 😜.all jokes aside be careful
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
That was... Scary. The little girl just thought you were her mom. Do you know who lived in the house before you? And, that little girl might have died in the house. Well, I hope this helps.
❤,
DogLover6232
Wolf__girl12 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Uh that was scary. I'm sorry for your story. Um the little girl could have been a spirit that was in the house did someone live in it before?
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
its seems ironic that you had bad feelings from the closet and then it seems to be a child. Never under estimate your inner feelings and as some of the others have suggested this may not be a child spirit.
Good luck.
SemiComma (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
One thing you could do to discern if it's a child or not, is see if anything that a child might play with seems to be slightly out of place. For example, if you have toys in your basement, see if they have been moved by chance. If a demonic entity is in your home, a common side effect from that is your house is a tad darker, or you get feelings of sadness for absolutely no reason.

I say these things as I also have a little girl in my home. She likes to giggle... A lot. She has never harmed anyone, however. The toys in my basement, which are for girls, tend to move from time to time as well. The toilet, which is lower, flushes from time to time, too. In the story that I posted, I don't mention the girl, but she's in upcoming stories.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
If it seems like a child spirit, I just have one thing to say. Whatever interaction you take with it from here on out, be careful.

It maybe a demonic entity taking on the appearance of a child trying to get you to feel more comfortable with it around so you will be less likely to make it leave.

I say, try and figure out what its intentions are, and see if you can discern it as a demonic entity, or a true child entity, and take the next step after that.

Peace
JustCurious
PandaBear (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Wow that's a great story you have there! My house is also haunted you know! My great grandparents died in it! Spooky huh? I kind of feel like there watching over me! Even though I didn't know them! Maybe they are trying to get to know me a little! Maybe! Sometimes I feel like I'm being watched! Anyway... Great story! Right more! Xxx ❤ 😊 😁
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
Basements can give off unusal vibes just in temperature change alone. My parents house is like that. As someone said in another story, open closets are creepy, period. Get a shower curtain rod and some cheapo curtains and cover that thing! (can get them cheap at any goodwill, st vinces or similar store.
That said, its possible as girlie said you may want to check the history of the house. You may have a spirt attached to it or just one or two passing by. Your closet could be a portal, or they just like you. I wouldn't be to scared though, you haven't been harmed, you can even just tell whatever you know they are there and now no more touching or laughing. I wish you the best, thanks for sharing. ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
cute. You should do some history of the house, or sense it's only in the basement, the land that your house lyes on.
I wouldn't be scared snese it sounds like a child ghost.
GIRLIE ❤
Enjoy for new ad-ma-er-wer (sorry can't spell)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: