You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Historical Inn

Real Ghost Stories

Historical Inn

 

I did a co-op at a popular attraction one fall in late 1990's. I would do the tours while the woman baked fresh breads and cookies for orders and for the guests. It was truly an amazing experience there were two levels in this particular building. It was a Halfway House for travellers travelling between two cities. They would stop and rest there experience a bar, more like a bed and breakfast, complete with a dining room.

I adored the authentic historical items. Most of all I enjoyed the fact that I could touch and clean anything I wanted all behind the chains and blocked off areas. Often I could be found in some random area of the building listening for people coming in. When people would come in I would pop my head out and greet them with an invite of a tour.

One time I was upstairs doing my usual sitting on the hay beds etc. When I saw someone walk by the hall. Great, I thought, more people! So I take my time because there's only one way into that area and only one way out (the same way in). When I get to the corner I look and (yep you guessed it) NO ONE was there. Ok I thought maybe I missed them on their way downstairs so I went looking for them.

I got down stairs and it was so quiet. I went to the kitchen (which has direct view of the front entrance) and asked her if anyone came in. She said no. I just mentioned to her that I swore someone passed by upstairs. She giggled and said that happens sometimes around here.

Also I would be downstairs dusting or something and I would hear footsteps upstairs and of course being the amazing worker I am, I would dash up the stairs to find the people up there. Only to time and time again find no one!

I wasn't scared or spooked. Maybe because it was day time!

Other hauntings by Reallifeexp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reallifeexp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
I was never scared just thought it was strange. Esp from the footsteps in one of the houses that would stop when I could peer up the landing from the steps. 🙄 🙄
Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Hello everyone,

To answer some of your questions. Yes I was really lucky to have that opportunity. That was not the first time that happened and certianly not the last.

I never thought about the object attachments. That is really interesting and could very well have been a source.

I had many other experiences in that village too. In one of the homes on the site I would relieve breaks... I think I will write that out
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Reallifeexp,
I agree with you and taz. Being able to handle the items behind the ropes and glass is a huge perk. I've done volunteer work with an organization that teaches people how to preserve their personal treasures, and some of the items people would bring in were just amazing. To hold them in your hands can really add to that sense of awe and wonder like nothing else.
So I'm wondering if you ever had an experience involving an object? Or if you ever 'felt' anything when holding an object that would make you wonder if it had an 'attachment'?
Just wondering...

Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
great story thanks for adding this
Im so envious right now!
Not at the ghost sightings but the fact you got to get behind the chains and closed areas! 😆
Carl
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Hi real!
Thanks for sharing. I have always heard that old houses such as this one in your story, tend to have a lot of energy. It is usually residual energy and no harm is ever done. I bet once you would see that no one was there you had that little lingering question "could it be a ghost?"
Did you ever return back to the house?

Luv
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
Reallifeexp,
I have to say, after reading your stories here, you are obviously sensitive to spirits. You have an ability to pick up on things that others may not (And the ones they do).
Because you are sensitive to them, they are able to show themselves much more to you, you're like a lighthouse in a storm. They see you and come close to make sure you can see them. I think that if I were wandering around like they were, I'd want someone to notice me too.
Thank you for sharing your stories.

Jav ❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
cute story. Love it.
My mother grew up in an old historical house like that. Didn;t hear or see anything to much, mainly you could feel someone watching you. But my uncle said that when he was younger or anytime he would try and sleep, he would hear people talking.
But what do you expect, it was once a tavern, and it was also a civil war hospital.
GILRIE
P.s enjoy the house as much as you can ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: