You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Glowing Swamp Girl Perspective

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Swamp Girl Perspective

 

My name is Cody. It all started about a year ago, when me and my best freind John went to swine creek park in Ohio. There was a astronomy star-gazeing thing going on and we avoided it.

We were messing around with nerf swords and were fighting near the edge of a swampy area. It was dark outside at the time, so we couldn't see much. It felt creepy being around there alone in the dark but it was the only place that wasn't crowded.

We took a break to talk, and caught a glimpse of something that caught our attention. There was a strange glowing figure of what looked like a young girl with long black hair in a wedding dress. It looked like she was walking slowly along the edges of the swamp water.

As we stood thare frozen in fear and shocked to see what was happening, we started to hear a strange noise. It was almost sounded like a helicopter that was flying really low. Of course this could have just been crickets, but I'm not sure. After watching it for what seemed like three minutes, we moved to the crowd as quickly as possible and begged John's mom to leave.

This was our first paranormal encounter that we had seen. However, we thought nothing of it until we accepted the fact that whatever it was we saw could have very well been something parnormal. To go into more detail on what the "glowing figure" looked like, it was what looked to be around the average hieght of a teenage girl. It had black hair as I said, and was wearing what looked like a tattered wedding dress. The color of the glowing aura around if was almost like a greener color of a marshmallow or something.

Im sorry if this was undescriptive, but this happened a year ago and I'm new to this site. If you have any ideas of what this is, please comment. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fearofsolitude, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
fearofsolitude - I'm definitely not trying to take away from your experience, just going to suggest that maybe what you thought was a helicopter might actually have been a helicopter. You were on, what I'm guessing to be similar to, a wildlife preservation maybe, and it is entirely possible that the people who run the park oversee it using helicopters. Then again, it could have been a helicopter used by hospitals or law enforcement or any other number of agencies.

As for the glowing swamp girl. Not a clue 😆
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I can see what you are saying. I am picking up the mental image from your description from your mind. I don't know why I am doing this but I can see it clear as day what you are describing.

Good sighting.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
interesting story,
Like bacchaegrl said look into the history of the area see if you come up with anything.
Thanks for sharing
Carl
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Just out of curiosity- why is the location of the experience listed as Armenia when you mention Ohio?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Nice story. You described it well enough. I think we all got a good idea of what you were talking about. Do you know of any legends in that area that pertain to a girl drowning or dying in that area? I'd ask around. Maybe someone in your area can enlighten you as to who that spirit was.
PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Hi me again! I take back what I said about you seeing things! I myself have had paranormal experiences before! And I believe you! XxXxX ❤ 😉 😁
PandaBear (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Hi cody! That's an interesting story. I'v never heard anything like it before! If you have anymore I'd love to hear them! Xxx But are you sure you saw it and weren't seeing things? Post back:) ❤ 😆 😉
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
I'm with aia on this one, it does sound like a spirit you saw. And I'm wondering if she was holding anything? Like a bouquet or anything else. Not that it makes a difference at all, I was just curious.

Jav 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
I forgot to add in my last post about the helicopter noise.

I wonder what that was. Did you see any helicopters in the area at the time of the sighting? I'm honestly stumped by that. I want to know what it was. Badly. 😆

AF1 ❤
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Sounds like a spirit! What an amazing encounter.

Did she do anything? Was she walking? Maybe you should look up the history on the area. That's so cool that you and your friend John were able to see this!

I think this story earns a spot on my favorites. 😊

AF1 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: