You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strolling Through The Living Room

Real Ghost Stories

Strolling Through The Living Room

 

My husband and I along with our kids were home on leave between duty station's from March until June of this year. He was away at an NCO academy, so me and the kids split our time between his parent's house and my parent's house since they only lived 5 minutes apart.

On this particular morning we were at my mom and dad's and I was getting the kids ready for school. My son was in the kitchen with me fixing his breakfast and my daughter was sitting at the bar eating hers. We were the only ones in the house since both of my folks were working. I was washing the dishes and I saw something out of the corner of my eye in the living room, so I looked at it head on. I couldn't believe what I saw. There was this figure walking from one side of the living room to the other. It wasn't very tall since only half of it's torso and legs down to the knee were visible. It's torso was maybe 6 inches thick, it was so thin. The legs were of average width but the whole thing was a misty whitish color that was completely transparent. You could see each stride it made just as if a "live person" was walking. I had never seen anything like this. It looked as if it came out of the wall our tv set was on and it walked into the opposite wall where the love seat was and vanished.

I didn't say anything to the kids, I didn't want to scare them and I knew they hadn't seen what I did or they would've freaked out. My parent's house has been very active for years and my parent's have heard things, or found things moved from one spot to another, but neither of them have seen anything like that. I don't know who it was, I wish I had a clue. I heard a few noises over the rest of the time we were home but I never saw anything else.

Other hauntings by deannah

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deannah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
I only saw this "being" once... And I wasn't scared just stunned that this was happening in front of me. My parent's house was built in 1987 and we're the only family to ever live there, plus the property used to belong to Eglin Air Force Base years and years ago. There's a small lake in the neighbor hood that used to be a swimming hole so I wonder if maybe something happened to someone back then that is just hanging around. My mother, her twin, little sister, older brother, myself, and my 3 female cousins all have had experiences. Now I wonder if there is a reason for my family members on my moms side to have these things happen? Is this a hereditary trait?
yoshigirl (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Hi! That's pretty scary! Were you freaked out? I would be! How many times did it happen to you? I hope it dosen't happen again to you:) ❤ good luck!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
This sounds totally different than A Visitor in the Night. This sounds like a residual haunting, whereas that encounter seemed intelligent (and obviously a lot stronger physical presence). On that basis, I would think these are two separate things. If there is a lot of activity in this house, perhaps it is a portal (a doorway between this world and whatever one you are glimpsing).
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
deannah,
Sounds like the spirit didn't have enough energy to manifest completely yet. Perhaps it's working up to that?

Jav
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
oh just noticed the others you have added will have to check them out now 😊
deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
I wasn't scared, I was more stunned than anything... Like "am I really seeing this"? There was no head or shoulder's and there was nothing below the knee. I have another encounter pertaining to my parent's house called A Visitor in the Night in which I was visited in my room. In this story I saw all the features of a person minus the face and it was see through. It makes me wonder if it was the same person or being that I encountered in 1998.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Did it make you feel scrared? I just want to know, because maybe it was an Angel... The first time I saw an ANgel I peed my pants but I wasn't like disturbed by it like I am with creepy spirits. I was just stunned & over whelmed. Have you seen anything like it again?

~LSD~
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
interesting story, had the same question as javalina but also you say half the torso~ so no top/shoulders head?
Any plans on adding some of the things that have happened to your parents?
Thanks for adding anyway
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
deannah,
What do you mean by "only half of it's torso and legs down to the knee were visible"? Do you mean the bottom portion of the legs were below the surface of the floor? Or were they just invisible?

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: