You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: New House, New Room, Strange Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

New House, New Room, Strange Happenings

 

Last summer I moved into a new home. From the very beginning, I always felt like someone was watching me. My family and I are not the first residents here, possibly the 2nd or 3rd. I'm 13 years old and I have always had strange little things happen to me since I was little, I never considered it to be paranormal but looking back now, I realized it's far from the usual.

On my 13th birthday (last September, so after I moved into the house) my friends and I decided to try the Ouija board. I know it's dark and dangerous but we didn't really care then. While playing, I found out I had 2 spirits living in my room. At the moment it seemed cool and I didn't really care. We talked to a few spirits and eventually we got bored and decided to stop. My friend heard we were supposed to break the board into 7 pieces after the session. After destroying the board, we went to bed.

The following month's strange things were happening in my room. After coming home from school one day, I was doing my homework at my desk when my door swung open (it was clicked shut and locked, I keep my doors locked) and then proceeded to close. Freaked, I went into the hallway and called out my brother's name, only to discover I was home alone. Bit scared, I went back to my homework.

A few weeks later, around 2 to 3 am, I was sitting at my desk on my laptop chatting with some friends on face book when I heard a soft sound next to my right ear. It sounded like someone was whispering "eee". Ignoring the sound, I continued to chat. The sound then moved to my left ear. It sounded the same except it was louder. I looked up and the sound became even louder and it seemed to travel upwards, towards my ceiling. As it traveled higher, it got louder. Slowly it started to quiet down, and the "eee" changed to "aaa". As the sound started to die out, it changed again, this time to "ttt". When it was quiet. I sat, shocked. The entire event only took about a minute, no more than that. To me, it sounded like someone was telling me to eat. So I went downstairs and ate some food.

About a week ago, I was upstairs alone, while the rest of my family was out with errands. I was getting ready to head out to my friends also. I went into my bathroom to hang up my towel, preparing to take a shower. I left the lights on and went back into my room to grab some clothes. While looking through my closet, it suddenly came to me that the shower was running. I didn't turn the water on before I left the bathroom. I walked out of my room and saw that the lights were off and the water was already running. By then, I was used to all the paranormal experiences, so I just took a shower.

Recently, I went on a vacation. Before leaving I stood at my doorway and told the "ghosts" I was leaving for a few days and they were welcome to come with me. Well, when I was sitting alone in my aunt's living room I heard a soft sigh. I looked up and no one was around, so I went back to reading. Few seconds later I heard tapping. As if someone was tapping their fingernails on the table in front of me. I ignored the sound and kept reading. About a minute later some one sighed really loud in an annoyed tone in my ear. Surprised I jumped up. Once again, no one was around.

I'm really not sure what's going on. The spirits don't seem like they mean harm. These are the strongest paranormal experiences I've ever had. Sorry that they're not as drastic and amazing as the other ones I have read about on here. But should I let them stay? Or should I be worried?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kittykaat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
I'm having difficulty with the "element of surprise" after you invited the spirits to come with you on vacation. From what you wrote, you acted as if you were surprised at the events that happened at your aunt's house. Why were you surprised? Why not just say something like, "Hi ghosties." Assuming for a moment that they are not malevolent, they probably just want someone to acknowledge their presence.

Unless you want to get rid of them, I wouldn't make cleansing a priority. As others have said, set some ground rules for them. Acknowledge their presence when they make themselves known to you. You can just say something as simple as "Hi there." Once acknowledged, they'll likely stop bugging you for a little while (could be a day, a week, who knows?). If they start breaking your ground rules, then ask Rook about cleansing. Others are knowledgeable, but I'd consider him the "go to" guy for that.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
I agree to JustCurious and SemiComma;

You should definitely first "investigate" who this spirit might me, before trusting him/her too much or even "make friends" with him/her.

By "investigating" I don't mean to "play" with the ouija again - you should desist from using this form of communication - there are many other (far less "risky") ways of contacting or keeping up a dialog.

In your case, I suggest to achieve this by just talking/or thinking, as you already did before, and then wait for a reaction.

Be sure to lay down some ground rules first and see if he/she will obey them; like "please don't turn off the light when I want to take a shower" or "please don't disturb me when I'm doing my homework" and such.

The attention he/she wants and gets must stay within a reasonable amount in the first place!

And as JustCurious said; never do what he/she allegedly "tells" you to do!

The fact that your spirit is able to open and close shut doors gives me the impression that he/she might be quite powerful, since it takes quite some energy for "them" to physically move objects - at least more energy than producing sounds or change temperature and such.

On the other hand, the fact that he or she was not up to scaring you in the first place, might mean that there is really no harm to be afraid of.

Anyway, you should be careful with your trust and assure not to be tricked!

Would be nice to keep us up to date:)

My regards
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
kittykaat,

A well told on going experience. My first question is this... Did your friend (can your friend) explain where they go the information about breaking the board into 7 pieces after use? At one time I used 'boards'...store bought and 'home made' and I have never, in all my years of experience (please see my profile) heard of doing this before.

Now you have given your age... 13 getting close to 14... Your a girl and activity seems to be escalating around you. You are nearing or are at the age that poltergeist activity starts (in those households it starts in) and what you are experiencing may not have anything to do with the use of the board.

Please keep us updated and ask any questions you may have... Always glad to help.

Respectfully,

Rook
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
SemiComma brought up a good point. When it said E.A.T. It could have been giving someone's initials. It could have been the first letters to a business with multiple letters in its names. Could be anything

Peace
JustCurious
SemiComma (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I don't necessarily believe the spirit was trying to tell you to eat. It may have been expressing it's desires. I would recommend cleansing. If these experiences never happened before the Ouija board session, then you need to cleanse your home. And, like JustCurious said, don't ever do what it says or what you think it might be saying.
siz (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I enjoyed reading this, but next time don't do what they say it could be them seeing how it can minipulate you. Tell them too leave if they have bad intent.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I will let you know that from personal experience, just because a spirit appears nice at first and doesn't give the appearance to mean harm, doesn't mean that it won't try and harm you in the future!

Sometimes if a spirit means you harm, they will appear friendly for a while to get you use to them so that you are less likely to make them leave, and only then start revealing their true intentions.

One thing I would advise would be is to lay down some ground rules for them and make sure they obey them as you keep an eye on them. If they start changing and become more violent or anything then you need to get rid of them.

One last thing. Before you broke the board and destroyed it, did you close the session properly? I am not going to go into one of those raves about how its bad to play with them, but if you didn't close the session properly then the portal it created won't close.

Also never trust 100% what's told to you through the board.

Peace
JustCurious
EvilAlbear (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I don't know too much about spirits since I have not had many experiances but it does sound like they mean you no harm so I guess if you don't mind it you'll just have to live with it? Some people say you could help them move on but I don't think it's anyones obligation to do so, so it's entirely up to you to do whatever you like.
Hope this helps (:

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: