You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted 100 Year Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted 100 Year Old House

 

My name is Isabella, my family and I lived in a large 3 story house for 15 years before moving out because of financial problems in 2008. My dad and mom would always see people or figures walk in the kitchen while watching TV. And when my (now grown up) older sister was about 2 years old she had this rock, and my mom asked her where she had gotten it. She had told her the Purple Lady had given it to her.

My mom never really went on about it, but she had figured it was her grandma because we had some of her old furniture and she always wore purple. Another thing my mom's cat who we still have, wouldn't go upstairs for the longest time because we thought she was scared and knew something was up.

I later asked my dad if he had seen or heard any thing. He had told me that one night he and my mother were sleeping in the bed late and night and they heard the French doors downstairs slam and glass breaking.

They ran down stairs and no one was there, and no glass was broken. Weird huh? He had also told me another story about how one night they were both laying in bed and they heard like a glass pitcher pouring water in their room, they turned on the lights and nothing was there.

I my self had a bad experience. As a young child I'd always lay in bed always feeling like I was being watched and it was very scary. Another experience I had was when I was in 3rd grade. I went upstairs to take a shower (it was night time and before bed time) and I was about to walk in the bathroom when down the hall way we had a door to the balcony with a glass window on the door, I saw a dark tall figure walk past the window. Being a young child I screamed bloody murder for my mom to come up and help me. My mom and older sister ran up stairs and asked what was wrong. I had told them I saw something and they just told me it was my imagination.

My mother had experienced ghostly things in this house but she lied and told me my mind was playing tricks on me, and that we had our housed washed with holy water and blessed. I knew it wasn't my mind. I knew I saw something, and even my dad had seen some scary stuff. We later moved out 7 months later due to financial problems.

Even until this day 5 years later, I am an avid ghost believer and I know what I saw was real not just my mind.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them? I haven't had any thing paranormal happen to me since that one time 5 years ago.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Isabella9398, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Isabella - I forgot something, sorry. Sometimes parents lie to their kids about seeing ghosts because they don't want to scare their kids. It might not be the right thing to do, but parents aren't perfect and this is one area that sometimes parents don't know exactly what is the best way to handle things. A "How to Raise Your Kids for Dummies" would be so handy sometimes😆

If they tell you they are seeing things, they run the risk of scaring you. If they decide to deny it, they might be hoping you'll think it's your imagination and it'll go away.

Sometimes we just don't know what to do and we end up making the wrong decision.

When I started getting voices on my DVR, my 19-yr-old daughter told me in no uncertain terms she did not want to hear any of it. My 9-yr-old little boy? He wants to hear it all. So we really don't know what to do. As parents, we kind of just play it by ear and hope we don't mess our kids up too badly and that you still love us when you grow up.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Isabella - BadJuuJuu has given you some excellent advice. Ouija boards aren't something I would recommend. Unless you are with a group of experienced people, and I'm talking people (not teenagers) who have spent many, many years studying and using Ouija boards, not just playing around with them occasionally.

I use a DVR and I really like it. I know of a couple others on this site who use them and seem to like them. As BadJuuJuu said, you can set it up to record at any time. You can do your own EVP session, which is really cool 😊.

Just some advice from me to you. I have found it easier to pick things up when I'm listening to it when my house is completely silent. I mean no one home but me, no TVs on, no radios, nothing to distract me. I realize you're 13, so you might want to find someplace that is like a refuge LOL. I also find that when I close my eyes, it's easier to concentrate. Just find what works for you.

But the Ouija board...no. Okay? There are way too many bad things that can happen. And a lot of those stories have been posted on this site. We don't want to see one of those from you, okay? ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
A Ouija board would not be my first choice for making contact, as they can have unpredicatable results. Automatic writing is even less predictable. EVP work is probably your best bet. Just grab a voice recorder, you can get em cheap at just about any store, set it to record. Ask questions, give a good pause between questions so if anyone wants to answer thay will have time to do so. Listen to your recording later. This method isn't guaranteed to get results, but it's about the list risky form of communication with the departed. You could also just set it to record while you are sleeping, at school, work, whatever, and listen when you have time.
Isabella9398 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Thanks for the feedback!:). My mom thinks it was her grandmother who always wore purple. Thanks for telling me about what you've heard! I appreciate it 😳 very much! I've tried to do an oujia board but I couldn't channel my dads mom
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Hi Isabella. Sorry that the comments so far on your story weren't actually about your story. 😢
This is quite an interesting account though. I wonder if the figures seen in the kitchen could have been residual? A 100 year old house, seems likely that in all that time it could have recorded something.
I'm kind of amazed that the Purple Lady gave your sister a rock. Having a physical, solid object given by a non-physical presence would be a very intense interaction. I'm a believer that family members will come visit living relatives, especially children.
Cats have amazing senses, and if she was hesitant to go upstairs there must have been something she didn't care for there. Maybe not necessarily ghostly, but something she knew about that yall didn't pick up on.
It seems I'm reading quite a few stories that include glass breaking, while no glass is actually broken. The fact that no glass is truly broken makes me think maybe a residual sound, or maybe ghosts know that that sound will bring attention when all else fails.
Great story, sorry I didn't take the time to read it sooner.
Isabella9398 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Omg I didn't even know my story got posted until today! Yay! Hah. And I didn't see e spam comments. I have another story to come about another experience.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Damn you mean I missed all the fun? 😆

Sorry that's my smartarse sarcastic side coming out! 😉

Isabella loved the story though can't explain the happenings 😊
AnimalAngels (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Yes I see that now. After I posted that comment I saw that you put that! (I still think its a great storie all and all!)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
For those of you who missed all that spamming, xXxDani's spamming had to be deleted; therefore, some of these comments, like BadJuuJuu's 😆 might not make sense now.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
AnimalAngels, pay attention! Please, it wasn't intended for the author!
AnimalAngels (guest)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
I don't think its spam, and yes I have had strange things happen to me. (the feeling of being watched.) I hope all is well now with you and your ghostly experiences.

❤,
AA
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Isabella: Sorry, that last post by BadJuuJuu was not intended for you, it was to another poster spamming your page... 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
You're spamming dear. Would you please just put that on your profile?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: