You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Ghost: I Became A Believer

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost: I Became A Believer

 

As a kid I always took a liking to anything that was scary and thrilling. Hence, as a result I used to watch a lot of horror movies and with time it became one of the most fun parts of my weekends. Living in a city like Mumbai never gave me the scare. It was a routine hectic life for all. So although I loved the horror genre I never actually believed in spirits and ghosts or anything that is paranormal. Many of the stories that would come me, I would personally go to check them out. But as a non believer the minute details never seem to have come under my observation. So I continued my search for some sort of a story which actually was true.

When in school, I had a friend whose father worked in the graveyard for my area and his apartment was straight in front of the entrance to the Graveyard. For some thrill, we would walk in and wander around the coldness and darkness of the graveyard. But then we never realized that there was something to the cold - warm - coldness that we used to experience there. We used to see fog figures moving around and never wondered what the hell it was as we always thought fog to be fog! We never stayed in touch after school and thus my visits there stopped.

Years went by without me going hunting for the paranormal and this incident occurred when I was in the second year of my bachelor's degree. I used to travel on the same route taking the same bus at the same time (11pm) for two years or so. The single decker buses we have here have a seat behind the back door entrance as well and that was my usual seat as I would get two windows, one in the front and one on my left, which meant more breeze. This one time I was on my favorite seat, traveling on my usual route and was on call with one of my friends. The bus had just passed a stop and the next was mine.

While passing through that straight road, I saw something/someone, whatever it was and I was left astounded. I asked my friend to hang up so that I could record that thing and show him what I was looking at. There was a guy on a cycle wearing a deep brown shirt with a dhoti (traditional men's garment in the Asian subcontinent in India) which was only until knee level and hence I could see his ankles which by the way were twisted! 540 degrees twisted and I am saying twisted because it looked as if they had been turned and twisted! He had also taken a stole around his head, so he looked like a typical Bhaiyya (No offenses to anybody as its just the way we regard people looking like that). There were always haunting stories I heard about people with reverse feet but I was actually looking at one which left me high on excitement! I had to show this to everybody so I got down at the end of the straight road and prepared my phone for the video recording with the flash-on until he comes without having the slightest thought of he actually being a ghost!

I see him coming close and start the recording on my W810i which had an excellent clarity and captures his twisted legs amazingly well! But I didn't even bother to record his face or EVEN look at it as I was so excited about his feet! Which I thank myself for now.

I saved the recording and with a big smile and a thought that I was going to prove everybody telling me stories about people with twisted feet wrong, I go home. When I reach home I take out my phone and eagerly call my brother to show him the amazing video I had captured. But... There is always a but... Life isn't easy is it? There was no data on my 2GB memory card! All the data I ever had was wiped clean. If there are techies reading this, they shall know that sony makes folders on the memory card automatically when you insert the card in the phone/ camera/ whatever you use. There were no folders, no songs, pics, videos etc! I didn't only lose my data but also what could have been an eye opener or a scary video to many. Instead its just a memory that made me a believer that the paranormal may really exist.

I went by being happy about the fact that may be not to anybody else, I at least found something paranormal for myself. As my own story but that wasn't all... Life had more in store for me which was the scariest of all and I shall cover that in my next... Please do leave your comments.

Thanks.

Other hauntings by NpN4poisoN

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NpN4poisoN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ZAINE (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Thanks for sharing your story but more than being a ghost, with all due respect this old man could also be deformed in the leg... And it would be unpleasant if he noticed you taking pictures of his deformed leg and being kind of excited about it...regards
Zaine
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Poison, I'm sorry but I did do research, and I should have posted it last time, and I'm nit sure why I dudnt, so here you go. See, over here we have a tv program called medical incredible, plus we use google to find things like this: http://www.wunderkabinett.co.uk/damndata/index.php?/archives/1157-Backwards-feet.html

Some folks have the capabilities of turning their feet this way on purpose! Some are born with backward turned knees,also!

Thank you for the story, I did appreciate it. Also, congratulations in your science degree and post doctorate degrees. What branch of science did you study and what type of work do you do currently?
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
[at] Indigo: Mate... I am not very sure if you are imagining this the way I saw it. My research was very conclusive... Try researching yourself before stating such comments... I have done my part of it... Deformities by birth/Accidents/Unusual flexibility - None can twist the ankle the way I saw it... I am a science graduate with two postgraduate degrees my friend... I know what I saw... If it was anything simply unusual as I had thought when I took the recording then I wouldn't have published it here in the first place... If I had to make up stories then trust me there are far better stories I have heard that I could put up as my own... Such a weird incident with unexplainable events gave me a thought that it might well be something paranormal... Hence I have published... But your call on what you believe mate... Its a story for you anyway... Enjoy... Cheers... 😊
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I assure you, my perfectly functional brain is capable of understand degrees, hours, minutes, seconds... I can also fathom such things as algebraic equations, trigonometry, and mathematics on most levels. I'm also pretty functional in biology and other fun stuff... But I can not, for the life of me, understand your claim of a birth defect being paranormal. ABNORMAL, unusual, yes. Caused by the spirit world? Ummmm no. In this day and age, MOST people even in very remote countries even understand that physical deformity is a job for doctors and surgeons. NOT ghost hunters. Sorry, but I find this to be very sad and sickening.
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
People... Really... How difficult is it to understand 540 degrees? Lol... Its a 360... And then another 180... So it turns backwards... And obviously its hurts a lot so it makes it impossible for people to do anything... (Logically)... The guy was on a cycle...
The Deformity as is found doesn't make the ankle look twisted as it was in this case... Please read the other comments too before commenting... I guess a lot of things have been made clear... But If its any fun then please keep up with the angles and stuff... It kind of sounds fun reading and understanding the intellectual level...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Miracles,
Yeah, I figure even though the number is incorrect, we know what was meant. It's not that big of a deal really. At least not to me. The whole thing is just too sad for words if you ask me. Why haggle over the little stuff?

Jav ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Jav - I'm hoping you're right and it was supposed to be 45 and the 0 was meant to be a degree symbol and the 45 was just typed backward. We've all done that a time or two. Seriously. That's what I'm hoping because I can't even imagine a complete turn and a half even though I suggested it. I know there are birth defects that can defy the mind. I just hope to dear Heaven that's not one.

Hopefully the o/p will return and satisfy the curiosity on the 540.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
I'm thinking maybe it was meant to say a 45 degree angle. Because a turn and a half? Come on! That's just stretching a stretch way past anything that couldn't be considered torture. Ouch!

Zav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Indigo - 540 degrees could be a complete 360 and a half. Although it makes my feet hurt to even contemplate the thought and I'm not sure how that could be determined, but I didn't see it so I'm not saying it isn't possible. Just an explanation for the 540 degrees.
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Jav...may I also note that a genetic physical deformity does not mean anything paranormal... Especially in a third world country. I'm not putting the o/p down or being snobbish or uppity here, but just because this mans feet were turned backward doesn't mean he was a ghost! It just means that something major happened to his DNA while he was forming as a fetus, and that modern medical science couldn't help him.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Indigo,
Nice catch! Maybe it's a metric thing? I'm still on the standard of weights and measures old school system.

[at] NpN4poisoN,
A complete circle is 360 degrees. A half turn, as in front to back, would be 180 degrees. Unless all that has changed too. I really must get out more...

Jav πŸ˜•
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
540 degrees... Is this a typo? Can you explain the 540 degrees, because I'm quite confused over this one.
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
[at] Missy... As I said earlier, I researched a lot on people wid such feet... None of them show d twist I am talking about... These people don't have their skin stretched and anything that looks like their feet have been turned... Its difficult to explain... Just try twisting your hand a little and the type of stretch on it... Just that sorts but turned 540 degrees... Now this isn't seen on deformed people right? Besides... That kind of twist makes it impossible to even stand...
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
http://www.timw.com/2007/12/04/others/waitress-born-with-feet-facing-backwards-insists-she-is-not-disabled/

Link above is a woman who has backwards feet. She can run, walk, and I'm sure if she wanted to ride a bike. After reading your story I was unsure if you may or may not have seen something paranormal because everything sounds explainable. (I'm not saying it's not paranormal... I wasn't there so what do I know) but even everything being wiped from your cell could have been a technical problem... I don't know πŸ˜•
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
[at] cosmogal926: Hey, Its good to hear from you. The only time it became freaky when I realized that whatever I saw was not a person. That happened after my memory card was formatted first and after that all the research I did on searching for people with backward feet. None resembled the turned around feet even in the slightest way. Thanks for the comment. 😊 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Hi NpN4poisoN, Wow great story! That must have been quite a freaky thing to see 😲. Too bad the video and everything else on the memory card was lost. These things sometimes happen when electronic equipment and the paranormal mix. Spirits sometimes use whatever energy they can to manifest. It sounds like backwards feet guy was at full capacity. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading more of your experiences. 😊
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
[at] zzsgranny: http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/25/moses-lanham-man-with-backwards-feet-ready-to-step-into-guinne/ This is the link... If you see closely, the person doesn't twist the feet 540 degrees, its 120 degrees and he is entering the Guinness.
With the deformity as well, the disorder is called reversed feet but the skin isn't seen to be twisted. The man I saw had twisted feet, as in turned around 540 degrees mate... 😊 😊
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
[at] zzsgranny: I did go through a lot of websites and surfed through tonnes of photos but none resembled the 540 degree twist I had mentioned... Even these photos lack them. I had read about the Nuli tribe and they too had weird feet but not twisted. Even if you take it into account, the man was riding a cycle... It is next to impossible to do that with such a deformity...
Thanks for the effort and reading the story. 😊
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
[at] Mabs_Sith_Lord: True mate... I read all about such anomalies and there are explanations on both side. I'd have liked to believe the scientific version of such deformities but there is no explanation for the Turned around feet and the complete loss of data out of the blue.
Thanks for the comment mate... Cheers. 😊
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
[at] HappySpirit: I know reversed feet was a disorder, genetic deformation. Thats what I thought it was until I noticed the feet were twisted like I have mentioned. 540 degrees! And I tried finding answers for such anomalies but as zzzgrany has shown, it wasn't anything like it. The feet were turned around!
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
[at] taz890: Yes, I had to be. There have been quite too many instances of people getting offended at absolutely anything... Lol. Thanks for the comment mate... 😊 πŸ˜‰
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
The first link doesn't work lol πŸ˜†, and you have to search through the second one... But birth defects happen in every country, on every continent...I'm not saying that that is the case here, but to me, it seems most likely... 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
just a few links I think y'all will find interesting:

Http://www.aolnews.com/.../moses-lanham-man-with-backwards-feet-ready-to-step-into-guinne/

Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Im-disabled-insists-waitress-born-feet-facing-backwards.html

Http://www.theoi.com/Phylos/Nuloi.html

I'm not trying to discredit your story 😊, you know what you saw... Very interesting, and I think I'll be looking into it a little deeper... Thank you for posting!
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Wow! A very interesting story / encounter!

It is quite normal for spirits to manifest themselves in odd ways, most spirits when they manifest themselves as 'humans' will always have something odd about them, hence a person can tell that being is otherwordly, like the backwards feet which you mentioned. Indeed, I remember a Pakistani friend relating to me how on his recent trip to Pakistan, he came across a three persons in a secluded field at night, but as soon as he came near them he was shocked! He spoke to them then went on his way, trembling with fear! Why? Becuase the 'persons' he spoke to had eyes all the way up near their forheads! He knew they were spirits. Another friend related to me how he came across an old woman or 'hag' with a normal human body but a small, and I mean SMALL head! It had the most scariest and hideous look on it - he ran for dear life! He fell ill almost immediatly with fear no doubt. He's been a changed person ever since his encounter with the demonic hag!

So encouners like these are not unheard of, esp in the Indian subcontinent!

Anyway, thank for sharing your story, please do relate to us of any other spooky encounters!

Cheers
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
NpN4poisoN, interesting story! Do you know the meaning of reversed feet? Why they are associated with spirits? So by 540 degrees, you mean his feet were twisted all the way around 360 degrees and then twisted again to the back? Very disturbing imagery!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
interesting story, thanks for sharing 😊
Have to say I can see why you said sorry for adding the "bhaiyya" bit (got to love google) was very thoughtful.

Hope your next story will be as interesting.
Carl
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
[at] champion: 101% True mate... Thanks for the comment. Saw that you have published your story as well. Good one there... 😊
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
[at] geetha50: Hi... Thanks for reading. To answer your questions... 1) It was 11.30pm, so the bus was majorly empty. 2) I wasn't in the least freaked out to report or talk to anybody about it. I had to record it and that is all I wanted to do. So I got off the bus just as it slowed down from the backdoor itself. The only chances for him to be spotted by anybody else were the two men standing behind the wall on the other side. Whom I didn't bother checking with either because I had all the proof I needed on my phone itself...! Lol... It was very disappointing to lose it though. Instead of freaking out more I was disheartened. But its cool... The other experience wasn't quite far anyway... πŸ˜‰
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
[at] bacchaegrl: It wasn't at all disturbing actually. I was quite excited to be able to capture something like this and then realization did freak me out for a little while but then I was happy just knowing that my first experience had finally come to me...
Thanks for reading. 😊
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
[at] Yoshigirl: Thanks for the comment. Being a non-believer and also the very much interested in such ideas was very gripping for me. The first thing that came to my mind was record it! Lol... πŸ˜‰ Wait for my next story and you'll know why videos and images never come out as proofs.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: