You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Hotel Room At Best Western

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Hotel Room At Best Western

 

This story is connected to my other story called, "I Think They Wanted My Help." To understand this one, please read the other one. Thanks.

After we left the Soldier's museum, we went to the battlefield for a two hour tour with our personal guide. When that ended, we went back to our hotel room to relax. I mean, we were EXAUSTED. Anyway, so we got back to our hotel room and settled in.

I was sitting on my bed, flipping through the channels and also thinking about the battlefield. I had a sudden urge to look over at the bedside table sitting next to me. Sitting on it was a Confederate flag and a Union flag in a stand that I had bought a couple days earlier.

My calm face turned into a frown. The Confederate flag was moving all on its own. I sighed and checked for a flow of air. There was none. The air conditioning wasn't even on. I remember staying in the room and noticing that when the AC would kick on, it would be very loud.

I stared at the flag for a couple more seconds then mentioned it to my mom, who was sitting on the other side of the bedside table on another bed. She looked up from her laptop and said it probably was nothing. Convinced that something paranormal was going on here, I turned back to the flag and noticed that it had stopped moving.

I decided to try my luck. I said aloud, "If that was something paranormal would you be so kind to make the flag move again?" By this point, my sister was watching me be a mini investigator. It took about 5 seconds, but sure enough, the Confederate flag jiggled.

I smiled and looked up at my mom. She looked at me blown away and then said aloud, "This is our hotel room. You need to leave now. When we leave this hotel room in the next couple of days, you may come back to it." She then went back to her laptop.

And that my friend is when I changed the channel on the TV to the Simpsons, so I could try to forget what just happened.

I have one more story coming soon. It's about the Jenny Wade house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youdontknowme88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
JBecket1,
Thanks, but no thanks. I enjoyed my experience in the hotel. I would never change it. 😐

Cosmogal: Thanks! The Jenny Wade house is coming soon! 😊

AF1 ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
This is a pretty cool experience. I also thought it was great how your mom acknowledged something was going on and then told it to hit the bricks. LOL! 😆 Can't wait to read about the Jenny Wade house. Thanks aia 😊
JBecket1 (1 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Oh that's a good creepy! I've been to Best Western a few times and I can relate. Best Western is a great company, but like many nationwide businesses it can have some weak spots. I was surfing the internet and I found this site where people can vent about poor customer service or products they received... It can get really funny. I would recommend you to check it out here: http://ventme.com/companies/view/45
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Jav: The people who have seen her think that she may be looking for cloth to help with wounds. That's all I know. 😊

Devious: Hey! Thanks for commenting! Yeah, Gettysburg has some pretty wild history. Good idea! I should've done that.

AF1 ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Hi aia! Great story, thank you for sharing it. I loved your mom's reaction to the flag moving. It sounds like that place has some great history. Hotel rooms, schools, theaters and hospitals all seem to be some of the most haunted places... If you ever visit there again, you should talk to someone at the reception desk and see if they have heard any stories.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
aiafaith1,
Just read your replies and noticed you said that you had learned there was the spirit of a nurse seen running around looking through suitcases. That is interesting on it's own. I'm now wondering what it is she could be searching for. Did you hear any more about her?

Jav 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
taz: Aw, thank you! Haha, family guy too! Too bad it wasn't on...

AF1 ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
aiafaith1 great story, thanks for adding.
It is great that you have your mom and sister to talk to if and when something happens.

Do enjoy reading your posts no matter how short or long 😁
Looking forward to the next one.

And as for the simpsons not any more give me family guy any day! 😆
Carl
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
geetha50: Aw, thank you!

Yes, my sister has acutally experienced alot. She sees more of the visual stuff. Read my story, "Man in the Bedroom." She was involved in that one. Also, "The Highchair." I forget to talk about her in my stories. I should involve her more often. In my Savannah ghost stories, she saw the ghost girl just like I did.

Thank you, again. Writing is in my blood. 😆

AF1 ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Yeah! I see that there are lots of Simpsons fans on this site!

Your mom must have been an amazing woman to stay calm in the hotel situation you mention in this story and in your museum story.

Has your sister experienced anything of her own?

Also, I like to mention that I like your writing style. It's simple, straight forward, and easy to understand. Can't wait to hear more from you.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Shayneigh: Haha, yes. I experience the paranormal more often than I would like to.

Otter: Yep, she is in the loop with me! The Jenny Wade experience should be coming soon! I'm afraid it isn't much, but oh well. About your neice, I'd love to hear her stories!

DARKNESS: Thanks! My next story should be coming soon.

Javelina: Haha, thank you! 😆

I forgot to add in my story that a soldier haunts the fifth floor... Where I was staying. It might have been him who moved the flag. Also, a nurse can be seen running around the hotel looking through suitcases! I'm dying to know who it was who moved the flag. Guess I'll never know.

AF1 ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
aiafaith1,
I'm with you and DARKNESS. Give me the Simpson's!
I love the way your mom took over in this situation. She reminded me of my mom right at that moment. 😊

Jav ❤

Looking forward to your next story, my little hero.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
aiafaith1: Always look forward to reading your experiences, this was straight out simple and effective I love it. Lol I have been freaked out before aswell and have done exactly what you did, threw The Simpsons on! Haha! 😆 Looking forward to your next submission.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
IM so glad your mom is in the loop with you. It must be nice to have her support as well as (im assuming) your sister. One little flag jiggle, well you know which side was present lol!

Thanks for sharing your story, looking forward to the Jenny Wade experience. I'm going to go back and read all your stories now as I'm curious re your age and how things got started. I have a 13 year old niece that see's people everywhere, I would love to get her on this site to "let it all out". ❤
Shayneigh (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
😊 Wow! From the way you talk it seems to happen alot. It happens to me a lot, but never like that. It is usually kind of creepy. Since communicating with the dead runs in my blood, I've had my fair share of paranormal expiriments. Poltergists or poor dead little girls that want my help. Eesh, I wish I had it easy! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: