You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Hunt At Morecambe Winter Gardens

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunt At Morecambe Winter Gardens

 

This lovely old building sits proudly nestled along the promenade of Morecambe looking over the bay; the building is a testament to Britain's imperial past of the 19th century. We arrived and were greeted by both Andy and Pete who helped make sure the night's events ran so smoothly, and easily.

After our initial walk around the building, you were struck by the architecture and ornate decorations of the winter gardens. It is fair to say that the building has seen better days but that did not stop you imagining how it would have looked in its heyday. However in the here and now we were there to participate in a paranormal investigation, and as a group of ghost hunters we were anticipating the phenomena we could witness or hear.

As we split into groups, a group begun bravely calling out for spirit communication on the stage when Joanne squealed in fright that the chair she was sat in inexplicably moved, the group sensed a heavy atmosphere on the stage where it was said dark shadows had been seen in the past. The whole group stated that they all felt uncomfortable on the stage as though they were in the presence of a dark force.

A group were sat literally amongst the gods in the upper seating area, when Shelly declared that she felt uneasy sat there as though 'something' was going to happen, as this was Shelly's tenth or so paranormal investigation and as she said in all that time, she had witnessed table tipping, glass divination and banging and tapping but never felt or noticed a strange atmosphere around her.

Two groups commented on the amazing table tipping in their vigils in the ladies bar, Steve, Julie and Mandy all remarked how the table moved effortlessly around the room. In many vigil areas K2 spikes were also reported and on request too.

In another vigil a group of ghost hunters described how it seemed as though cold blasts of air was blown on them, after they had asked for the spirits of Morecambe Winter Garden to blow on them, this staggered the group as Mark went to investigate if the breeze could be coming from an adjacent room, Mark noticed that there was no breeze what so ever, even though the ghost hunters could feel a breeze moving around them at the table.

All in all it was an exciting night at Morecambe Winter Gardens and it is a venue The Simply Ghost Nights team will be visiting again in search of communication from the other side.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
How is it, that these stories keep coming up?
Each time they appear, they are given the same 'eye rolling response'.
Each time, they don't bother to respond, or even repudiate our comments.
Each time, they return.
So, let's see...
This can't be an intelligent haunting by SGN and Co., no way will I accept that! And it can't be residual, can it? Maybe...
All I know is this, we are the ones that are experiencing the haunting here!
I'm thinking we may need to call in the professionals. It looks like an infestation, it just won't stop!

Jav 😨 😨 😨
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
I do not really know how they keep getting their stories posted... I guess people can interpret it the way they want to, but the evidence is all there that these guys are frauds.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Okay...now I feel deceived. I think this forum should be used by people who have either had experiences (real ones) or have a general interest in the paranormal... Or preferably both.
johntravis28 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
The sad thing isn't that they sell tickets for $49...the sad thing is people buy them!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Yes sir... It is really quite sad. They sell TICKETS to their investigations at the modest price of $49 each. On top of it, their website does not have any of this so-called "evidence" on display.
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Oh are these the guys that had a pictures of themselves lifting a table and called it "tipping"? HA! It's a sad company that can't even advertise themselves properly
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
As per usual, another fake story told by the ghost hunting "company" that never answers questions about their stories, including their so-called table tipping method. All this is is advertisement.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
As usually, another good one Simply Ghost Nights. Always a pleasure to read your stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: