You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Mum

Real Ghost Stories

My Mum

 

I am quite new to this site, although I have been reading the stories on it for quite some time. I thought I would share this story with you as it is something which I have always remembered my mum telling me.

Whilst I have never had a ghostly encounter myself, I have always been interested in the paranormal ever since I was a little girl. My mum had always seemed to have an interest as well, and we always watch things like Ghost Hunters and Most Haunted together (when my dad isn't home - he thinks its all a load of rubbish!).

A few months ago I was sitting with my mother watching one of these shows and we were sharing a bottle of wine. After a few glasses she asked me if I had ever had any experiences and I told her no. Well, the wine must have given her a little confidence because after I asked her the same question back, she told me something that made my blood curdle - and my mother isn't one for tall tales, nor is she one to want to tell me a story just to scare me. In fact, she had deliberately kept this from me so as not to scare me.

When she lived with my grandparents, before she met my dad, every night she was visited by some sort of ghost/demon who would slap her in the face, whisper in her ear, knock on the window and rip the bedsheets from her. This terrified her to no end. It was only when she married and moved in with my dad that it all stopped.

This freaked me out because as a child I would always be too scared to enter her old room. I would always insist on sleeping with my gran while my grandad slept in the spare room. Maybe as I child I could sense the evil?

On a different note, I am moving in with my boyfriend shortly and I can sense that there may be something there. I slept there the other night and heard a series of loud cracks in the night - the floorboards settling or something else... I will certainly keep you posted!

Other hauntings by Waggon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Waggon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Hi wagon, I agree with Javilina on this one. It does run in the family being sensitive to the paranormal. Thanks for sharing your mothers' and your experience with us. Your mother is a great woman not wanted to scare you with her own experience. Have a great day, and keep us posted. Trix. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Waggon,
You'll find, after reading a lot of the experiences at YGS (Your Ghost Stories) that it seems to be the norm for this ability to pass from the mother on down. It isn't always the case, but it is more prevalent. If you are blessed with this gift, eventually your boyfriend will come around. He won't be able to help himself! 😆

Jav 😊
Waggon (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
HI Guys,

Jav, nothing substantial has really happened in the house yet. At the moment its just a few noises and a "wierd feeling". My boyfriend is a firm non believer in the paranormal so even if I did say something he would think I was mental 😊 I feel I am quite sensitive to these things though so I'm pretty confident I should have another story to tell. It doesn't feel threatining at this point, so I will play it by ear!

Geetha, I did tell her that I always felt uneasy in that region in the house. When I would wake up alone in the morning (my grandparents were early risers where as I preferred a long lie) I would always run past that room and fly down the stairs as fast as my legs would carry. I could always feel eyes boring into the back of my head. She was surprised I felt that way as the rest of the family put it down to a young girls hormones playing havoc! So I think it was quite refreshing to have someone believe.
scaredtilldeath (3 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
even my mother tells me stories like yours, they are not true!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Did you confide in your mother about the feelings you had while you were in her old room?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Waggon,
I find it interesting that once you heard your mums story, it immediately fell into place for you about her old room. And since you feel there may be something at your boyfriends place, have you considered talking to him about that? Maybe you two could find a different place.

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: