You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Personal Experiences At The Theatre

Real Ghost Stories

My Personal Experiences At The Theatre

 

I'm quite close to the paranormal world due to being brought up around it, I have had some experiences when I have been to haunted locations and venues I know that I'm quite young to get involved with the paranormal. I started to become interested at the age 10 due to my dad being a medium.

One of my scariest experiences was when I was allowed to go to a haunted theatre with my dad and my older half brother, I can remember going up in one of the tower parts with my brother and I felt faint and dizzy, so he carried me back down the stairs.

Then an hour later I went back up there but with my dad and brother and the owner of the theatre, and I started to get very hot and my neck became very sore and I started to hyperventilate and I almost fainted.

Once I was down stairs I felt quite sick and my neck was red and looked like someone had tied a rope round it and tried to strangle me.

My dad then told me that if it was a spirit that had done this that he wouldn't be surprised as they like innocent children, I was only 11/12 at the time when this happened.

Another thing that happened at the theatre that there was chair blocking the entrance of the room and when we moved it and come back later it would of been blocking the entrance again.

I can also remember that I saw a black figure looking down at me from the top and ran away in a split second.

Before I left the theatre I was with my dads friend and we saw this purple-blackish ball zoom past us and disappeared.

I also have had a feeling of a presence following me where ever I went thought out my time at the theatre I have more experiences I would like to share with everyone. I hope you liked this.:D

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fallen-Angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fallen-Angel (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
DeviousAngel: yes I knew the history before I went as I did an article on the theatre, the stair way is quite wide but I don't think there is any lights due to being closed to the public so was quite creepy. We where allowed access to the stairs just for that night. I have started picking things up aswell not loads though. Thank you for your response and help.

Fallen-Angel
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Fallen-Angel: Thank you for responding. Claustrophobia is a form of anxiety, so it most definitely could cause an anxiety attack. I get really anxious in big crowds too, unless I have something to focus on, like when I am at a concert. If you "sensed" an entity there with you, along with the cramped feeling of walking up a stairway (I do not know the layout, so I might be way off, but just a guess) then it could have certainly caused an anxiety attack.

If you ever experience those symptoms again, take slow, deep breaths, close your eyes and stop moving for a minute if you can. Relax as best as you can and think of something calming. I usually envision myself sitting in an all white room with no doors or windows, just a skylight overhead, and above there is nothing but blue sky and sunlight. That is sort of my "safe place" and really, really calms me down. I hope this helps!

As for the entity you saw, it sounds like that place has some history so maybe you saw someone who worked there before? Or one of the actors, maybe? It seems like you might be an empath since you are having all of these sensory experiences. Did you know the history before you went in there, or after? Sometimes being aware of what went on there might alter your perception. Let us know if you go back, and bring a camera with you just in case. 😉
Fallen-Angel (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
yes I think there was a hanging in the tower and he told me about that iam like a toy to them as iam innocent and they like to play games that involve me. I'm still learning the history of the place, I have have a few more experiences in other locations as well.
Thunderuss (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Fallen-Angel, being nervous in front of a big crowd of people is basic human nature. If you've always been one to be shy around strangers watching and looking at you, then that could be the reason.

Interesting story, you said that your dad had said there had been a hanging at the theater itself?
Fallen-Angel (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
thanks for sharing that, I haven't had any anxiety attacks before that iam aware of, I do suffer from claustrophobia aswell. Can this cause anxiety attacks:S iam just wondering as I do hyperventilate if I have a large crowd of strangers around me.
Fallen-Angel (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
i know a little bit of the history I don't know if it and help though, I know there is a sister theatre up north some where, I can't remember exactly where. In the 1920's or sometime around then there was a fire in the owners room and it's been restored in 1950's but has been damaged once again and is a bit dangerous to enter so has been shut, there was a market once held there for quite some time before it became the theatre. I know one performance that was shown there had live fights and one of the actors had their throat slit and ended up dying at the end of the performance. This is one of the experiences I had, like someone had slit my throat as I could taste blood and couldn't speak as it hurt so much. There was and still is a dance school in one of they rooms up stairs somewhere and for the shadow, I have seen it again. When I last went a few weeks ago it was there for a 5 seconds or so but this time it was on the ground floor the other side of the room, I was the only one in the room as my dad and the owner where in the other room eating, I could faintly see a childs face but nothing else and the it faded away. This all I know about the place so far, I might be going back soon, hopefully.:D thanks for reading
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Not to take away from your experience at all, but the symptoms you described sound exactly like an anxiety attack. Not impossible in a child... I used to have them, and on occasion still do. You never forget what that feels like.

So, there very well may have been a spirit there, and your sensing it sent you into an anxiety attack. I do not think the spirit actually attacked you personally.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Theatres are notorious for being haunted. The creative engergy contained within somehow stirs up unusual phenomena. That's just how theatres work, I guess. I know you were younger at the time, I don't know how long ago this was, so I don't expect you to remember every detail. However, this story seems quite glossed over. Like it needs some more vital information. Could you tell us more about these events? Especially the black figure? Do you know the history of the theatre? Anymore information that you could give would be most helpful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: