You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Several Experiences With The Paranormal

Real Ghost Stories

Several Experiences With The Paranormal

 

I've had several experiences with the paranormal. This after being scared to death a couple of times, as a kid I became more curious about it than being scared. But that was then and this is now. Now that I'm a parent; still curious but also concerned.

My first experience here in Louisiana was in a small town. My sister and I was out riding around getting used to different places that we lived around. On our way home we had stopped at a gas station to get a few things, she went in to pay for everything while I filled the car up with gas. Well when she came out of the store she was white as a ghost, I asked her what was wrong? "She said she wasn't really sure and asked me to look in the window and tell her who I see?" I told her I seen an elderly lady working at the register and asked her why she was asking.

She said "I seen grandma standing behind the register, but now she's gone" Our grandmother passed away when we were around 11 and 13 years old, we was in out early 20's when this happened. It was the only time anything had happened for years.

A few years later, I was working at a store that was right next door to the fire dept. Most of the firefighters would come over and hang around when they would get bored, and a few had grown pretty close to my family and me.

One day one of the guys came in and asked if I and my sister would like to bring my son and nephew to the fire department one day for a tour and if we did, just drop in anytime we got the chance and someone would be there to show them around. So one weekend we both had a day off and nothing to do, so we went to the fire department sure enough there was a guy there, and was very excited to see the boys there.

He showed them everything from one end to another and showed them inside and out one of the fire engines. He didn't leave one piece of information out seemed like we had been there for hours. A few days later we wanted to thank the guy for making the boys day, but when we started asking other firefighters for his name, they had no clue who we was talking about. So we gave them a description of the guy who we had seen and they said they had no one there by that description. So this is something that still is a mystery, we still have no clue who this guy is. This is just a couple of things that have happened will have more soon.

Other hauntings by cherokeekydd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cherokeekydd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PandaBear (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Maybe he was a former firefighter that had died in a fire and had come back to see the fire station he had once worked in for one last time? 😕 😕 😕
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
he was dressed like the rest of guys, we thought about the guys swinging to the different station cause of me workiing right next door to them they would come in the store and let us know when they would switch out. So it makes perfect sense about the swinging firefighter. We also thought about him being just a volunteer from another town maybe and it was just a one day thing. Never thought about asking some of them if they had pics though. Maybe if they do and going through the pics and finding him might put this mystery to rest. The only thing that stood out from the others was his personality. 😊
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Another question for you... Did the firefighter look like he was in his "era"? Did he have anything about him, like the way he looked or spoke that suggested that he could have been from an earlier time?
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
hi jav,
It would be cool if I could pick him out of a picture. He was a very interesting man... Even tough the boys are teenagers now they still remember that day and talk about it... And ask every now and then if we have ever found out who the man was. But yeah I think the next time I go to visit with my mom...i'll have my sister to go with me and stop by and check it out if it's still there the last time I heard anything there was several buildings they was going to tear down to widen the road.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Great! Thank you for sharing these two experiences. I agree with sarahmaria's explanation of the firefighter. Judging by your sister's reaction she seemed pretty sure of what she saw, so I think your grandma may have projected herself for your sister, to let her know that she's watching over her (and probably assumed she would tell you about it, too).
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
One thing I could offer to explain about the firefighter is that I know they swing to different stations sometimes, so he could have been a "swing" firefighter that was just there for the day. My ex boyfriend was a firefighter and he would sometimes swing over to another station where he normally wasn't at. And since they have A,B and C shifts, you could have come back on a day where the shift that was there the day you went wasn't there so they wouldn't have remembered the "swing" firefighter. I hope I'm making sense haha. Anyway, just a suggestion! 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
I agree with geetha on the fire station and would also add that they may have old photos of every firefighter that has worked that station. Now that would be cool if you could pick him out of a photo!

Jav
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
thanks for your comment, the next time I'm over that way I'll have to try and get by there. Haven't been there in so long not sure if that paticular fire station is still there or not. But will give it a shot. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
For the gas station incident, my first thought to debunk it would be that both you and your sister were tired and because of the your sister might have seen things. But on the paranormal side, I would like to think that your grandmother was looking over you to and decided to come and visit.

For the fire station incident, I would think that it was a fire fighter who die on line of duty and loved the station so much that he decided to stay there. There should be a record of all the fire fighters who have worked there and / or died while serving. Why don't you talk with a retired fire fighter who worked at the station. They might have some information. Hope this helps!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: