You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Black Figure At The Table

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Figure At The Table

 

Since I was about 10 I have had a few encounters with ghosts or whatever it is they are called. Nothing violent or dangerous ever happened, but I did have them and it always left me a little shaken. My first ever was when I was 10 and arrived home from school one Friday, my mom was at work while my step-dad was taking a nap in the bedroom. I went to the living room which is connected to the kitchen and I sat down in my mom's chair. Now, if you sit down where I was and looked over to the kitchen, we had a china cabinet diagonal from me that shows the reflection of the kitchen. I had forgotten the remote and I walked up to grab it off the T.V., when from the corner of my eye I saw what seemed to be a shadow/pitch black figure sitting at the far end of the dining table and the way it's head was tilted it seemed to be looking at me through the reflection and seemed to be the body of a man.

It only lasted three or four seconds before I reacted and whipped my head over where the table was, but he was gone. I hadn't freaked out right away because I thought it was my step-dad just grabbing a snack before heading off to bed again, but that didn't make sense. The figure was quite tall, skinny, and sat very straight in the chair while my step-dad was more on the heavy set side and while he was and still is a tall man, he is nowhere near as tall as that figure was, he also sat with sort of a slump. Then as I kept thinking, I tried to come up with a rational explanation to what I had seen. Maybe Dad really was there and I just kind of let my imagination run wild, but then how did that explain him being able to make it all the way back to the room in three seconds of me not looking?

When my mom got home and my step-dad was up I told them what happened and while my step-dad was confused, my mother seemed to get a little tense and tried to give me some line about how it probably was my real dad, Greg, just checking up on me, but as the years went on I found out more disturbing facts about him and that sometimes if you were to see black figures, that meant it was a demon or at least not a very nice spirit? When I turned 16 or 17 my step-dad and I got talking about my family and the past.

After my mom died when I was 15, everything seemed to seep out about our family that isn't all that pleasant. Apparently, Greg didn't like me and thought I wasn't his child and eventually tried killing me by suffocating me with my pillow when I was only a few months old while he was drunk off his mind and my mother kicked him out for awhile.

Later, before I turned one, he died of cancer. No one really ever likes talking about him and when he's brought up in a conversation - it doesn't last long before someone gets annoyed with the topic. I didn't even realize he was so disliked by my family until after I was told about the incident. It always seemed like everyone loved him so much.

Anyways, it's been eight years since that day and now I'm 18, still wanting answers, but not knowing the right questions to ask. I guess the best one I could ask right now is what did I see? Would anyone know if that was just a ghost/spirit wandering in my house or could it have been Greg? Or maybe something totally different? The reason I sort of suspect it to be Greg is because looking at his pictures he was also quite tall, very skinny and sat with a straight posture - just like the figure.

I haven't ever seen that figure since that day, but I still have had different things happen, but right now I just want to work out one thing at a time. It's silly to worry or wonder so much about one thing, but I'm just curious. If anyone can give me at least what you THINK to be it, please let me know. Anything could help. Thank you for taking the time to read!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NicoleLynne23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
You're lucky to be alive! I'm glad that your mom caught your dad in time! I would have completely kicked his arse to the curb right after that event, but I know love can make you do strange things.

I honestly think my dad tried to kill me when I was between 8 and 10. I once had a long (probably about 1.5"), relatively narrow scab on my neck back then that I could not explain. I had absolutely no clue as to how I got hurt there. I seem to remember asking others about it and they could not explain it either. It was extremely strange. I don't remember seeing blood on me at any point. At the time, I don't think I could even pinpoint when it actually happened. I only noticed it after it had scabbed over. I truly think it was my dad who did something because he is an evil (not just bad) person. Just like the devil, for those who believe in that sort of thing (which I don't), he is an excellent manipulator.
ghostly_81 (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
i heard it is a watcher and it was something of a fallen. That all I know bout them. All I know sorry
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Hello and welcome to the site. I agree with geetha, that the first step you should take is to protect yourself. Search the site for Rookdygin, he has an excellent protection "formula" of steps you can take. After you have secured yourself and your environment, you can start exploring possibilities if you really want to find out who it was. You seem to "feel" that it was Greg--if that is what your intuition is telling you, take that path first. Look through pictures of him, try talking to him out loud, or leave out a pad and pen and see if anything happens. Since you will have done your cleansing, if this spirit is evil or bad, it should be gone by now. If it was not, or if it was Greg, he might have returned to you to watch over you and to show his remorse for his horrible behavior toward you as a child. Death is the ultimate journey, and I imagine it could easily change someone's mind.

Also, I echo geetha's sentiments... I am sorry for your losses.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Hi Nicole,
First of all welcome to the site! Secondly, sorry for the lost of your mother. If I were in your shoes, I probably freak out and wake my step - dad right away. I'm not an expert but I have learnt a lot from this site and there will be others to give you lots of suggestions.

Right now, I would suggest to do a protection around yourself (if you feel threatened in any way). Things like burning sage and incense. As for finding out more information, if it's a possibility, why don't you try getting in contact with Greg's family. There should be a parent (s), brother, or sister that can be contacted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: