You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Desk

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Desk

 

This occurred fifteen years ago in Oakland, California. My boyfriend and I purchased a used oak desk and were bringing it home on a flatbed trailer when one of our tires blew out. We thought nothing of the tire blowout at the time. We were in the process of moving into a new apartment and were setting up house. When we finally got home with the desk, we put it next to our bed.

The ensuing three months, my boyfriend complained that aliens were watching him. He said this almost every day. I ignored this complaint because I thought it was just stress. Finally, on the night of January 1st, I woke up looking at my desk and saw the apparition of a young man sitting there staring back at me. I thought it was a hallucination or some trick of shadows and light, so I blinked and tried to focus my eyes. The apparition remained. He wore round glasses. He had bangs that were cut straight across. He looked to be 20-something and was transparent and colorless, though I could tell that his hair was blond to light brown. The apparition lasted about 5 seconds. When he vanished before my eyes, I felt a very tall presence standing beside the bed. Then the name "Ray" came into my head for no reason. I felt no fear during the entire incident. While I was still lying awake, trying to figure out what to do, my boyfriend woke up and immediately said, "Damn it! I really feel like there are aliens watching me right now!" That's when I told him we needed to talk.

After the initial sighting, we kept the desk for three more months. The desk had always made loud cracking noises. I began to attribute those noises to the ghost. We were both pretty uncomfortable and couldn't sleep after my sighting. We finally got rid of the desk and moved to a different apartment, which solved the "aliens watching me" problem once and for all. And we actually sold the desk for a profit, something I've always felt guilty about.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, S. Calis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Maybe that why they wanted to get rid of it because it was haunted. You ended up buying it LOL no way. It must of been that ghosts desks you took his desk of him poor ghost he loves that desk. Like you brought a desk a new home also you brought a ghost in your house who feels that you have gave him and his desk a home LOL 😊
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Dear S.,

Well, it does seem you had a ghost attached to the antique desk, especially if you did not have these experiences prior to the purchase of the desk. You convey within your story that your boyfriend's feeling of "aliens watching me" was solved once and for all. Thus, it would also seem that the desk being sold or perhaps also moving might have both helped resolve the situation. In any case, hope you and your boyfriend are now ghost or alien free in your new place of residence.

I might add that the name, "Ray" seems popular for apparitions on this site.

It is possible that the ghost/desk attachment is totally unrelated to your boyfriend's feeling of being watched by aliens, especially depending on his belief system. It could quite possibly be that he is having actual alien encounters or abductions. Yet, if they have stopped then perhaps his interpetation of what was ocurring was perhaps incorrect. As the ghost/desk attachment to readers and to myself might be more applicable an explanation.

It is too bad that the ghost or emotional imprint could not be released from the object or desk. It is also too bad that another person purchased the desk and the problem or issue without knowing. Perhaps, it would have been best to sell it as a haunted piece of furniture on e-bay or list it as such. There is such a public interest in haunted objects now as it has become very chic to make money off of trapped and attached dead human beings who are earthbound.

Well, at least your problem is solved. Thanks for sharing your story. One does what they know at the time. I hope you will use your new found knowledge to avoid such items in the future or at the very least research and learn how to cleanse and bless a used material object or item that once belonged to another human being who is now dead and perhaps, trapped. The best thing would be to learn to intuit how an object feels to the depths of your soul's gut and instinct or intuition. So dear authors and readers, be careful how you choose your material possessions whether new or "used".

Blessings, Abby
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
I take it you kept the terms and conditions of the desk when selling it in ultra "small print" 😜

Thanks for sharing your story. I wonder what he would have said had he been asked?

I wonder what worldly possession I would attach myself to? Probably my computer LOL nah I think most probably my motorbike... That I'm still yet to own...

What worldly possessions do you think you'd attach yourself to?
Shadows (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
What did you do purchase the desk from the Walton's Yard sale? LOL.
No, actually it sounds more like the Addams Family Yard Sale.
But anyway, someone that died must have favored that desk, or requested for it not to be sold, so they followed it when it was.
Just a thought.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-19)
What did you do purchase the desk from the Walton's Yard sale? LOL 😁 You described John Boy to a T. Haunted items are a big seller now a days, especially if you have a history to go along with the item. I suppose spirits watching you could be described by more scientific minds as being aliens. Interesting story thanks for sharing with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: