You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Best Friends Forever

Real Ghost Stories

Best Friends Forever

 

It starts like this: my best friend Deidre died in a house fire on April 19 of this year, as well as her mother, aunt, boyfriend, and dog the only one who survived was her father. You can look up the news article on Google her name is Deidre Banovich. Well anyway, this tradgedy has been very hard for me to take. We were best friends for 12 years.

Well last night around 1:30 a.m. I was driving my three year old son in the car to get him to sleep, and I'm doing this photo project called 365 so I put my elbow in rear view mirror for an "artsy" look. Just as I was about to delete it, I saw my best friend Deidre's face. I have the picture I will submit it. I thought I was insane so I snapped another and as clear as day black dog is staring at me. Now mind you her dog Sammy is black and the only other person in the car with me was my son.

I decided it was time to go home and I'm hysterically crying the whole way home I put my sound to sleep son quickly to bed and ran into my bedroom. I start violently shaking my husband to wake up and I'm just sobbing he thinks I'm hurt I'm like "no no no look at the pictures", tears formed in his eyes and his response "holy shiat! Its Deidre and Sammy. I said, "oh my god baby you see it too? This means I'm not crazy!"

Best Friends Forever 1
Best Friends Forever 2
Best Friends Forever 3
 

I have shown at least 5 people this photograph and each person says its unreal and cannot be explained. Thank you for reading my story and I hope you enjoy my pictures. I only ask no one exploits my best friend in any means please she is my world and I love and miss her dearly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Misadee135, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-14)
I'm very sorry for your loss, hopefully time has helped you a little, and it seems your friend, and her dog are with you.

I can't see your friend in these images, but I can defiantly see the dog. Very faded in the first image, and plain as day in the second.
MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
First off, I want to extend my condolences for your loss. I've too suffered a traumatizing loss of a loved one, and therefore can empathize with you. On a lighter note, these are my findings: 1) a small, unclear, black object is visible... Unsure what to make of it. 2) I do indeed see what looks to be "the dog" you speak of however, it almost looks like 1 of those stuffed animals you'd purchase as a toy. (Was her dog miniature or extremely small?) 3) the same "dog" is evident here, although sadly, I have yet to see your friend. That being said, in the left, rear corner I can clearly see a shadow which resembles a man. Is this the apparition you speak of, or are we seeing contradicting images? I hope you have regained your strength and are beginning to find peace within yourself... Best wishes:-)
LoraChaidora (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
hi! It took time for me to watch over the picture... I even invited some of my officemates to watch with me and they can see the figure behind the dog on the 2nd pic... We stood up as well and we can see it.

Im sorry to hear about your bestfriend and her family. May they rest in peace. They will always be in my prayers.

PS
9/11 is my birthday.
😢
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
I believe Her I found the Links to what happen. Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378975/9-11-survivor-escapes-house-wife-daughter-die-inside.html
Misadee135-Sorry to hear about your friend it's so sad and I do remember of Sept 11 When I hear the news of that I have to stay home from work. Only 1 and 2 I see shape of Dog.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
I believe Her I found the Links to what happen. Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378975/9-11-survivor-escapes-house-wife-daughter-die-inside.html
Misadee135-Sorry to hear about your friend it's so sad and I do remember of Sept 11 When I hear the news of that I have to stay home from work.
lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
1. Nothing
3. Dog and white shirt of woman like a blouse?
3. To blurry to tell. Sorry for you
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Looks like she is smiling in the first photo.
You are so lucky to have seen her and her dog!
Shaim, I feel so sorry for them.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
On the second photo, just behind the dog face, you can see a body with white clothing, and I can see her neckline as well, but not the whole face, only the bottom part very slightly. If you can not see it, I stood up from my chair and looked at the picture while standing, then I saw it.
torn_prince (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I Googled your friends's name and I found out the she has a Twitter account so I viewed her picture to compare her own images with the one you posted. Unfortunately, I am browsing using my phone and I couldn't clearly see yours...
Anyway, may your bestfriend find peace with our Dear Creator...
CrystalCloud (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Photo 1: I don't see anything at all
Photo 2: I see a black dog (looks like a lab puppy to me) and is it me or it seems to be yawning or choking? I also see a creepy face of a man with black eyes, though it's not clear at all. Probably just my imagination
Photo 3: I see an arm, but the picture is burry
AliceRenee (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
I definetly see the dog in the second photo, plain as day. The third one I see something, but I can't make it out. The first one I saw something black but couldn't make it out either. Thanks for sharing
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Misadee135-wow! It took me a minute but I see what your talking about. The first rearview I didn't and then the second I did you have to look at one and then the other. The third picture I see what appears to be a face about a third of the way down, rightside, there are two yellow light streaks then one red, it is next to the red one. Is this what you are talking about?
fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I'm so sorry for your loss. And I don't see much in the first, but in the third I can see the dog complete with the sparkle in his eyes from a flash, and the third I can see someone sitting in the back seat. Wonderful pictures, especially if it's proof of a visit by your friend.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
My condolences on your loss.

But I don't see anything coherent in any of the photos indicative of either a person or a dog. And I looked at the photos, twice each.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a terrible tragedy. I'm sure this is very hard for you. I do see what appears to be a dog in photo # 2.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I, too am sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing to happen to a family. I do see the dog in the second one. He looks like a rottweiler or possibly a doberman. You can see the variance of two colors, looks like brown and black. I am not sure what I am seeing in picture 3 though...
AnimalAngels (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I'm so sorry for your lost. Now, on the last picture, I'm really confused at what I'm looking at? I think see what looks like a eye and a small face but I'm not sure. But all and all I love the story! Thank you for sharing something very personal like that! God bless!

❤,

AA
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
just because you don't personally see or experience something doesn't make it BS

Call BS when there's an obvious photoshop on the photo

This comment from Olivia1234 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I think photo 2 also has the black dog. So if that's the case, I'm not sure teh author saw the womans face in Photo 2 as well. Check it out! Right by your arm! The first time I looked and saw the dog I thought it was just the car seat, but when you look at photo 1 you can see the car seat clearer and compare that area to photo 2 and you can see its not the car seat but its the dog. Very cool! Sorry for the loss! At least she's still around! I know its sad but I would be very excited to have seen her if I were you!
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I think I saw the face in the mirror in photo 2, right next to the author's arm. You can clearly see the nose area at least... And the 3rd photo, I saw some kind of body but its blurred...
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
My sympathies go out to you but what you have experienced must give you great peace, at least some solice. Your friend came back to let you know that she is still around you. Our loved ones never really leave us. Once again, sorry for your loss.
PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
thats very said: (what age was she? I'm very sorry: (That is very interesting. You caught her on camera. I can't see it put I still believe you:)
Amberlynn00 (1 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Misadee135- That was a touching story. Sorry for you loss. If I ever lost my friend and I captured a picture like you have, I would react the same way. You guys must have been extremely close that even the afterlife can't come between your friendship ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Misadee: I'm so sorry for your loss...I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures 😊...There are directions on how to submit them to Martin in the e-mail notification of publication of your story... It may take a while, but he will get to it 😆...Just keep checking...

I did Google search the name...There's a little more to the story, on a different note, that makes this even more tragic... Thank you for posting ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Misadee135 - your story brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say right now. ❤
AliceRenee (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard going through something so dramatic and painful as this, I wish you the best. Sounds like she wanted to let you know that she was still there and you meant a lot to her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: