You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Headless

Real Ghost Stories

Headless

 

This experience of mine happened when I was 11 years old. I was still in Grade 6 and was studying in a public school. It was Gen. Maximino Hizon Elementary School. The building where the classrooms were was separated from the part that was demolished after a fire. Even so, there were no rules saying that we cannot take a walk near the rubbles since there was a make-shift park there.

I remember that it was our Final Achievement Test. We were given three hours to finish three tests. I finished early and since the others were still busy answering, I decided to play with the daughter of the teacher who was assigned to be our proctor. We played for a while inside the room then she asked me if we could play at the playground downstairs. I asked permission from her mother then we went down.

We entered the playground and played. While I was on the swing with the little girl, I saw something from my peripheral vision. Being the curious kid I was, I looked at my right and what I saw shocked me, almost enough to make me fall from the swing.

I saw a white lady floating beside the statue of Virgin Mary. I'm used to seeing, feeling and hearing those that can't be seen easily. But this shocked me. Had she been a normal white lady, I would've ignored her. But no, she was not normal. She was headless and beside Virgin Mary.

I pulled our proctor's daughter immediately and told her that playtime's over. She asked me why but I didn't explain anything and just said that it's almost time for us 6th graders to go home. The girl didn't ask for anything more and we ran to the 3rd floor where our room was. To my luck, our proctor was packing her things while my classmates were chatting around. The girl walked to her mother and told her about our playtime while I sat on my seat and packed my things like nothing happened even though I'm scared and trembling inside.

I'm sure that the white lady wasn't a figment of my imagination. I know she was headless because I didn't see anything else from her neck up. I swear I was scared. Anyways, thanks for letting me share my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hongo-Yukina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
I must respectfully disagree with retro_rose. I would not automatically equate a headless apparition with evil. Perhaps her face was disfigured and she didn't want to show it. I've read plenty of stories here about apparitions with blank faces. So, a headless figure is not a stretch and does not necessarily represent something evil.

Most spirits are just like living people. They can be good or bad.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Hongo-Yukina,
Wow! You hadn't mentioned that in your story, about her turning and approaching you two kids. Yes, that makes it seem far more frightening for you, especially at that age.
Thank you for the reply.
Jav
Hongo-Yukina (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
[at] Javelina

1) The one I saw was wearing pure white dress. I can't recall if the design of her dress was embroidered or sequins but there were some details.

2) I don't know if she's threatening but seeing her like that, slowly approaching me and the kid, it was enough to freak me out.

3) I figured she was a woman because of her dress and the shape of her body.

Thanks for welcoming me and expect more stories from me and those who are from the Philippines. There's a lot to tell. 😊
Hongo-Yukina (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
[at] haunted_childhood

Now that you mentioned it, I kind of saw a scene like this. Now I'm scared 😨
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Hongo-Yukina,
Interesting and startling that it was headless, yes. And of course, when dealing with the unknown, it is sometimes a natural reaction to be fearful. Questioning why it was there may lead in either direction, good or evil, depending on the questions asked I guess.
I could come up with several scenarios to put it on the side of 'good', simply because it is too easy to go in the other direction. Instead, I will just ask:

1) What was it about her that has you calling calling her a "white woman"? Was it what she was wearing? Was she glowing?
2) Did she seem threatening? If so, what was she doing that was threatening?
3) How sure are you that it was a woman? (Many cultures still exist wear men wear garments that could be considered, by todays standards, womanly attire)

I will say this though, I love reading the stories from the Philippines, they are always different and many times mystical. I never tire of them.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and welcome to YGS (Your Ghost Stories).

Jav
😊
retro_rose (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I understand. Something like that lingers in a person's memory--the few "unexplainable" occurrences that have happened to me, has definitely lingered in mine. I've been raised Christian, and I truly think there is a whole other 'world' so to speak, out there, that a lot of people are unaware of.
haunted_childhood (34 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
This reminded me of the hospital scene in The Exorcist. Scary! 😨
Hongo-Yukina (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
[at] retro_rose
Yeah, I also thought of that now that I'm older. That experience bugged me a lot. I kind of got a little traumatized ever since because I can't last looking at a statue or whatever in churches.
retro_rose (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Sounds like something evil to me... Nothing angelic, from God, would be manifested as a headless person.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: