You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Aunt Doesn't Lie

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt Doesn't Lie

 

This is a story of something that happened to my mothers sister. My Auntie is a no nonsense type of woman. Her nickname in the family is 'the General' because she is a bit bossy and controlling. Very into hard work, little social life and a very devoted wife and mother.

In her early twenties, she and her husband lived with their two sons in a supposedly 'haunted' house. I have heard many stories from uncles of mine (aunts brothers) of them seeing bottle caps unscrewing themselves to them being flipped out of hammocks while sleeping. My father who claimed to be a spiritualist refused to enter the house because he said it had a bad vibe. But this story happened to my Aunt.

One day she was washing the dishes in the kitchen sink. It was an ordinary day. She knew the house was haunted but had only heard noises so far. She heard heavy breathing behind her. She turned around and directly standing behind her was a doberman dog, watching her. An actual DOG in her kitchen, right behind her, panting. She said it was physically like a normal dog, solid.

She was scared, needless to say. But my Aunt turned back around and continued to wash the dishes, and said forcefully 'Leave me alone!"

She waited for some time, then when she turned back around it was gone.

After that whatever was in her house left her alone.

She only ever heard distant noises. Soon she and her family moved out. She didn't want to leave her young children alone in their bedrooms after what she saw.

At least 'they' listened to her!

I don't know the address. But it was in Adelaide, Australia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jamai3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
jamai3,
I'm not surprised to hear that it was a dog. I've had a few come back to visit me too. I do understand her reaction and the result of her giving the order was it being obeyed. Sounds perfectly in line, if you ask me.
I like your Aunts attitude and respect her caution, so I see no reason not to believe her either.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
jamai3 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
For a start it was not my house. Second how would a dog get inside a house from outside when all the doors and windows are closed? My aunt didn't live in a tent.
Olivia1234 (9 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
maybe the doberman dog is an actual stray dog that somehow got into your house. I don't see what is soo haunted in this story

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: