You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

The Graveyard

 

My friend says I've always been strange after this happened. Mainly because she belives in ghosts too. But, basically, I live in what's rumoured to be the most haunted place in England, where ghosts are seen nearly every day.

One day, me and my friend went into the local graveyard to pay repspects to someone who had just passed away. We were walking round the graves when I noticed that a tiny grave had been knocked over onto the path, and the flowers had been scattered everywhere. With my friends help I gently fixed the small cross and placed the flowers back in the jar, thinking I'd helped. But as soon as they were both finished, the air suddenly decreased and went chilly. A fast wind blew around the graveyard. Me and my friend both decided that something had gone wrong. As we were making our way out of the graveyard, in the church window I saw a figure dressed all in black. She had a veil over her face and a long black dress. She disappered as soon as she appeared. We both got scared even more and ran out of the graveyard. We've hardly ever gone back because we were to scared of the figure in black.

My friend and I decided that the figure was a woman grieving the loss of a child. There was a few childrens tombs around the graveyard that did get cold and suffocating when we were standing near them. We never touch the graves any more because we know what it will result in. But we just thought that we'd done a good deed. There has been many other experiences we've had in there, such as a man dressed in an army uniform saluting the huge cross baring the names of soilders who died in the second world war. He never saw us, but we watched him for a while, thinking it was a normal man come to grieve over the losses, until he vanished.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostsWhoTalk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Your description of the saluting soldier made my eyes sting a bit. That would be a very touching and thrilling thing to witness. You guys are fortunate to have had that experience, and I think you did a good thing by righting the headstone on the grave.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
It's odd, sometimes, even when you think you're helping, a disturbance of any kind at a grave site seems to get something riled up. It's like the spirits don't really understand your intentions. They just don't want anyone messing with the site.
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Well, whatever it was, I think you did a good thing. I don't think, even spirits want to see headstones vandalized. Maybe, like you said, it was the mother, and, in a way, letting you know she was aware of it, and thankful. Who knows? Just because something paranormal happened, don't stop doing a good deed. Somehow, sometime, it will be appreciated.
GhostsWhoTalk (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
We stood sort of to the side, almost on the grave when we fixed the cross, but when we were putting the flowers on the grave, we were standing on it. So maybe that's what caused it.
rmananya (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Wow, I really got scared from your story, beacuse a km away from my house, there's a graveyard.
hunnybunny (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
i found this story intressting. Did you stand on the actualy place where the coffin was buried because if you did that is said to sometimes cause experinces of that matter

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: