You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Am I Going Crazy?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Going Crazy?

 

I've had a few things happen to me recently and I don't know if I'm being paranoid or if there's really something creepy going on. I'd like to get some feedback to see what other people think. Sorry for the length but you need to know all the info in order to help.

Some background: I live (well used to, I just moved last week) in a 4 bedroom house in Texas with 3 other roommates. The neighborhood is pretty new, the house is only 4 years old. There's a cemetary, well actually 2, within walking distance of where our house is. When we first moved in we went for a walk to explore our new neighbors and the surrounding area. We walked through the cemetary because we wanted to walk around in the woods that are right behind it. As we walked though the woods we found another very old, small, creepy cemetary. Theres a historical marker that said the Smith family is buried there (we live in Smith county). The graves are really weird. There are some old headstones but they're so old you can't really read any of the info on it and some of the graves have a bunch of rocks thrown on top with a stake sticking out of it, like there used to be a plaque or something attached many years ago.-Not sure if any of that has to do with my story but this is where it begins...

About 2 months ago I was packing some clothes so I could stay the night with my boyfriend (I was the only one home). As I was leaning down putting clothes in my bag I heard a loud noise right behind me as if someone threw a rock at the wall. It scared me a little because I didn't know what it was. I started looking around the floor and I found a small metal ball, about the size of a marble that I had never seen before. It was kind of weird because I was trying to figure out where it came from. Examining my ceiling fan, I thought maybe it was a part that fell off but it cleary didn't come from there. I asked my roomies the next day if they knew what it was and they had no idea. I didn't think much of it so I went on with my day.

A week or 2 after that I had a very unusual experience (after researching I found out it was sleep paralysis... I think). SP has never happened to me before and I didn't even know anything about it so it really freaked me out. I woke up in the middle of the night, unable to move, felt like something was on my chest, it was hard to breathe and I felt a bad presence in the room. It lasted probably a minute (me freaking out the whole time) and I finally woke up. I had trouble going back to sleep for a few days after that.

3 or so weeks after that, one of my roommates, my boyfriend, and I were bored so we got out the Ouija board. Looking back now, that was really dumb but at the time I thought, "its made by Parker Brothers. How scary can it be?". We started playing with it (it worked) and my boyfriend thought it was either me or my roomie trying to mess with him. I honestly didn't move it and my roomie swore up and down he didn't either. He still didn't believe us so he blindfolded us, made sure it was really tight so we couldn't see, and then turned the board so we couldn't memorize where the letters were. We had our hand on it and asked if anyone was in the room with us and it starting moving and when it stopped we asked my boyfriend where it was and he said it was on "bye". We took our blindfolds off, he was right, it freaked us so out so we stopped playing.

About a week after that (2 weeks ago) I had another sleep paralysis episode. This time it was "run to yo momma scary". I woke up and couldn't move. I remember that this had happened before so I didn't really freak out, yet. I tried moving my fingers, legs, arms, anything. I couldn't so I just layed there. A few seconds later a man appeared on the left side of my bed. I remember it like yesterday. I couldn't make out his face but he had a green shirt and long black hair and said "I hear you like to try to talk to the dead". After that I FREAKED out. I tried to move and still couldnt, tried to scream for help but nothing would come out. I was so terrified he was going to harm me so I closed my eyes really tight and started praying. A few seconds later I opened my eyes and could finally move. Excuse my language but I was scared sh**less. Needless to say I never went back to sleep that night. I kept my light and tv on the rest of the night and have been terrified ever since.

I moved last week, not because of any of that but so I could live with my boyfriend. Nothing else has happened, yet.

So, my question is: Is this something to be concerned about? Was the man in the green shirt trying to harm me or am I just being paranoid by a bunch of coincidences?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladybug25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ladybug25 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
thanks guys, everything is still going good so far. If anything happens ill let yall know!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Paranoid? Perhaps.

But one way to get yourself out of a sleep paralysis is to bite your tongue next time it happens. Works like a charm.
unicorns_16 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Hi ladybug,

This story certainly gave me some goosebumps. Anyhow, since you've moved from there you probably don't need to worry about it, unless in your new house there are experiences like that too (if so, update us please)

About the man in the green shirt, maybe he's the man that you guys contacted while playing with the oujia board? Playing the oujia board is never a good idea, not matter where or who made it. Playing monopoly is far better don't you think?

Hope you're fine in your new house. Do update us! 😊
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Hi ladybug

There are a lot of things going on with your experience. First off, it sounds as if you and your roomies may have been looking for something scary. Walking through a cemetary, playing with a Ouija board, etc. And it seems to me that you did find something, something within that house. It is probably a good thing that you no longer live there. I'm sure you were quite freaked out and rightly so. About the sleep paralysis... I have experienced that many times as well however, I am not so quick to always put my night experiences off to sleep paralysis. It can be paranormal entities that cause that and shouldn't always be explained as sleep paralysis. It is scary when it happens, whatever it is. Good luck to you and I'd like to hear if anything ever happens to you again since you've moved.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: