You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Saw... Myself?

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw... Myself?

 

This is a personal experience that I cannot explain. Sadly, that seems to be a reoccurring element in my life. Anyway, onto my story.

My girlfriend and I had decided to take a vacation away from the home due to our experiences going on there (another time, another story), so we left Elizabeth, our baby girl, with my mother and went to England. I always have wanted to visit London, so you can imagine that I was very excited.

We had just finished eating lunch at a restaurant called "The Phoenix", and we were making our way towards Buckingham Palace, when a man bumped into my shoulder. It would have been fine, as I'm a very polite person and wouldn't have done anything, but then I saw his face. More like I saw MY face.

This man looked exactly like me. Same height, same color hair and haircut, same everything. I'd venture to say we were even wearing the same clothes, at least the same color clothes; I only saw his back.

Stranger yet, when he passed I felt the worst feeling of dread. I felt like I had been drained of warm emotions, left with only hate, sadness, anger, and the like. It was so strange. He didn't seem to be doing anything malicious, he only seemed to be walking. Just enjoying his day. My girlfriend saw him as well. As I was standing there, struck dumb at seeing myself, she turned and said "That guy looked exactly like you!"

What in the world happened? Did I see my long lost twin, where we just happened to have a fashion coincidence? Did I see my doppelganger? I'm at a loss as to what I saw in two days ago. I just can't shake the feeling that I shouldn't have met him. Or bumped into him. Does anybody have an explanation for this? My replies may take awhile, as I'm still vacationing.

Thank you,

King Jack.

Other hauntings by King-Jack

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, King-Jack, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
i like this story very much... But why didn't you run after him & sort it out once & for all, & say what's going on here? Why are you going around with my face? & giving me this feeling of death?... & while you were asking him for answers, you could drop in a compliment on his dashing good looks... Ha ha... Good story.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Well, I'm glad to hear that your still alive because you left a message on my story not to long ago.

Honostly it sounds to me like a dark entity shifter. There are dark entities/demons/imps that can shift into human form. Only way you could tell that its a dark entity is looking at their eyes and/or feel its energy. They give off an eerie feeling like the're not supposed to be there.

My mom saw one and talked to it once before. She was at a church meeting and she went up to it and asked it "hi, who are you? Where did you come from?" My mom said that it couldn't talk to her and it would only look at her with the black eyes and then it vanished into thin air. My mom talks to God and she said that God said it was a dark entity/demon/imp. God also told her that humans have the power to command them to not harm them or their family. Humans also have the power to tell them to go back to where their from or to leave them alone.
Demons/imps/dark entities used to be angels long ago. So where there's bound to be dark entities you have to remember that there is only 1/3 of them and 2/3 of Angels that followed God. That being said for every demon/imp/dark entity there is 2 angels watching and caring for you when you ask for it. Angels form into human shapes as well but give off a loving/caring feeling. They also can't make themselves known to humans. In a book that's not in the bible, humans worshiped angels and God got jelious so God made it a law that we no longer could know them.

Qt
michellegoodrich (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
dopplegangers are known all throughout history, they are identical of a person and if you see yourself, it is usually an omen of death
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Juniper- thanks for the mistake it was hilarious and its not often that we get to laugh, maybe nextime you can laugh at us! I can see you squinting your eyes and thinking about punching me. Good thing you can't because I would be bracing for impact and laughing and know I deserved it!

Champion
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Oh so I mispelled it, haha, sorry everyone. Thats very mature.
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Bacchae, you made me laugh. 😆

Whenever I think about it, when I run the memory again, I always remember feeling like I've been told some really bad news, like if I was told I'd that I had fatal cancer and would die in months. It was just a terrible, horrible feeling. However, I don't know if that was coming from the guy himself, or if it was some emotion I myself made.

Oh, and Fllangel, I've heard that too, however I don't know if I believe it or not... This could be some proof though!
fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
It's been said that everyone has a twin out there somewhere... I've been told mine is in Nova Scotia, lol. As far as the emotions you experienced when you saw him, that I'm not so sure on.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
dobblegangers are the same except their lazy that's why they dobble around and never get in a hurry!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Awww! Thanks D/A! I work hard for high quality comments. I'm glad you appreciate them! I enjoy yours as well!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
bacchaegirl, did you ever know that you're my hero? 😆 I absolutely love your comments...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
What's a dobbleganger? I've never heard of those before. Is it worse than a doppleganger? Maybe dobblegangers are the deadly ones. But if you just see your doppleganger, you will be alright.
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
That does sound much more like a dobbleganger after knowing you did in fact see his face. I was merely saying I had Heard that part of the lore was that you die if you run into your dobbleganger, I wasn't ever trying to say that is a fact. For the record. Very strange and interesting!
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
He looked like he was trying to not look at my face, like kind of looking at my chest. He just bumped into me and kept going. Didn't speak or anything.

His expression was just kind of focused and eyes down, if he had any (maybe the one thing I couldn't see.) and just walking. Looked like he was on a mission.

Seeing him was like looking into a mirror, and it kind of felt like a brick to the chest when I saw him. I stood up straighter and everything.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
AshyVikernes, what are you basing your information off of, or where did you obtain the information that we are not supposed to meet our doppelgangers? Because as far as I knew, doppelgangers are spirits that copy someone else's image, though there is usually a telltale sign or feature that they are not that person. Usually it is their eyes, which most people describe as being very hollow or all black. They also do not normally speak. That is information that I have obtained from the people on this and other sites that have explained their experiences with like spirits.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Im curious to know, did he see your face? I personally don't put much thought in the whole "now you have seen your Doppelganger your going to die" theory, rubbish in my opinion. I think more logical explanations are at play here, although I do believe in Doppelgangers. The feeling of Dread and negativity etc does play it's role in this experience, the cause for this I admit I am unsure of.

Interesting story thanks for sharing it.

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I doubt it's a fetch,
Http://www.georgia-ghost-hunters.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19
Since more often than not- other folks see it.

I'd not take the notion that your doppelganger is a 'portent' of evil or impending death, because more often than not- the reporter often lives long, very long, to tell about it.

Just remember to play it safe driving out in England.
AshyVikernes (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
DeviousAngel:

Maybe it wasn't their doppleganger in the first place. Maybe just a facet of their subconcious/soul revealing themselves.

A lot of people assume the most probable thing. But they must look further into it. But in reality we really aren't suppose to meet our dopplegangers.
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I did see his face, and as I already said I only saw the back of his clothes. We had the same facial shaving, albeit it is very common (just the light mustache/goatee combo) but all this strung together is just freaky to me. I still don't understand why I felt so unhappy and angry.

I am a little off set about his being exactly like me, and I do know of Doppelgangers, so that worried me, but we just went on with our day. Yes, my girlfriend saw his face. He wasn't walking with anyone and seemed to not be carrying anything.

Also, I do not care if somebody doesn't believe me. They can go. As it is, everyone else is welcome to help me with what I have experienced.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I agree with Pjod. To all those people claiming that you die when you meet your doppelganger, I have to ask, has anyone you know personally died from seeing their doppelganger? Have you ever seen two doppelgangers meet each other and one of them die because of it? Because we have had plenty of people on this site make contact with a doppelganger and they are still alive.
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Sorry, to clarify I did see his face, but when I said "I only saw his back." I meant the back of his clothes.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
some of these comments are the worst I've seen in one thread.
Could be a strange coincidence, or as someone else mentioned, a lapse in time, running into your future self? Either way, nothing to worry about... As freaked out as you may be, no one of you will suddenly die over the encounter.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Sounds like your doppleganger, but I'm not so sure. You only saw his back? Then how do you know he looked EXACTLY like you if you didn't see his face? This may or may not have been a paranormal experience. Honestly, I'm quite confused. Thanks for sharing anyway.

AF1 ❤
PandaBear (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Ya I agree with you on the rude comment she made, I really do. And I had not read any of her other comments so I had no idea. Her comment was a little out of line. There really was no point in commenting if she did not "believe" in what King-Jack had said, I agree with you. But that's just her comment. Sorry to get involved: (❤ ❤ ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
PandaBear,

I do not as a rule 'bash' folks like that, but if one checks Olivia1234's profile, and looks at all the comments made by that individual one see's a trend that shows that they are not merely expressing their opinion... They are 'bashing' folks.

Now this may be their 'manner', and if truly appears to be the case then I will apologize. But I'm reasonably sure they came here to see who they could get a 'rise' out of...

As you stated..."This is a site that you may give your own opinions on..." and I fully agree with you on that point... And my opinion is that the poster in question is a Troll...

Respectfully,

Rook
PandaBear (guest)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Hi rook, I read what you said. And I think in my opinion that it was a little harsh on olivia1234. This is a site that you may give your own opinions on so I do believe she is inclined to give hers. I understand that you may give yours too but it was a little harsh on her. Especially seeing that you called her a troll: (Not very nice. 😢 😢 😢
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Olivia1234,

Please go play somewhere else child. We do not need to wade through your...'I don't believe' this crap... If you don't believe what are you even doing registering for a site like this?

Oh wait, your a Troll and get your kicks out of upsetting the 'regulars' on any number of sites...

That's even worse than my original thought of you being a young person just looking to get a rise out of people... Your life is so boring you have nothing better to do than try and upset folks on different web sites...

Go peddle your wears else where... No one is buying...

Rook

This comment from Olivia1234 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from Shadow-Girl is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

cmdusty (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
The way I understand dopplegangers is that there are three of one person in the world. They can live there whole lives never seeing each other and everything is fine. If one doppleganger meets another one the two die from natural causes and the spirit energy of the two are transferred to the remaining, unaware person.
I read this in a very old book which was owned by my 90 year old polish grandma. I'm not sure if it is true but this is my understanding from the book
haunted_childhood (34 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Sure sounds like your DoPPelganger to me! I would've had to chase him down just to satisfy my own morbid curiosity. (Though Doppelgangers are supposed to be a bad omen.) I don't suppose you caught sight of him again during your stay?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: