You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Clown Toy

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Clown Toy

 

Now, him a person that has to see to believe in something. I've been very doubtful about the paranormal until recently.

I stay at my best friend's house all the time and he's even seen as a relative. The house they live in is on a main road but when they bought it they found out that a person had been murdered in what used to be an office. It had happened a long time ago so they were not that bothered and bought the house.

I and my friend are 17 years old and our birthdays are two days apart. We have spent many nights awake until the early hours of the morning chilling or partying. It wasn't an unusual day when I got there but his mum said that if I was to stay we had to tidy his room.

Like I said, he's basically part of the family and this didn't bother me at all. As we were tidying I went into the back of his cupboard to pull out this strange looking clown toy. It had a menacing grin on its face and just generally gave us the creeps. We threw it into the bin bag we were putting rubbish in and carried on, not thinking about it.

We were home alone that night and things went like normal, except for when we got stopped by the police on the way home from the shop (they had mistaken us for someone else).

I won't bore you with the details of our night but we went to sleep at am and woke up at PM. When we woke up we decided to play on his games console. The second controller had run out of power so I asked where I could find some batteries. While we were tidying yesterday he had found batteries in the cupboard which should still be there. When I went to get them I kid you not, the clown toy was there again exactly where I had found it the previous day. We were both freaked out since we knew it had been put in the bin outside. There was only me and him in the house so we know for sure that no one would have taken it out and put it back.

I left later to go home and its been playing on my mind since.

We know his room was where the person was murdered but he says in the 17 years he has lived there nothing paranormal has happened.

I would have taken a picture but I wasn't thinking straight at the time so it didn't run through my mind. I will take one next time him at his house.

This is all 100% true.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this sort of thing before and any advice you may have

Thanks for reading

Chris

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cmdusty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
bacchaegrl relax 😁 I was merely commenting on the irony of someone making a grammatical error while pointing out someone else's...it was just supposed to be funny 😁
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
As far as clowns looking creepy I think the general reason is the companies that produce them maybe they're exagerating the smile to make clowns look REALLY happy but what ends up happening is the clown ends up having what looks like a SINISTER smile. Just a thought. I don't know how the clown got back in the cupboard though! Maybe try what Justcurious said (if your friend still lives there. How long ago was this?) But maybe the clown just wanted to be left alone since nothing else has ever happened. Is the clown still there?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Oh crud, you caught me... I had better go back to school then, ay? How DID I ever graduate? 😉
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Pretty sure there should have been a comma or full stop after "johntravis" in that comment 😆 I jest of course 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
lol johntravis I think the other comments were a reference to oceansea and Elephante's comments. There have been other people on this site that seem to be here only to criticize grammar as of late.
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
The grammar and spelling wasn't a problem. We just thought if funny that the person who pointed out the grammar and spelling mistakes in the story also had a few mistakes him/herself!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Hmmm yes I have heard of these occurences happening, things getting thrown out only to reappear again majority of them are dolls or haunted items.

I was thinking, was the garbage inspected at all? And where did this clown doll come from to begin with? Did it have some kind of connection to the man who died in the room?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Wow... I don't see how people can keep clown things... I am use to normal human clowns, but I think like clown dolls, etc. Can get really creepy really fast. I'm not sure what to tell you on this one man. Maybe set up some sort of recording device in the area (recorder, video camera, etc.) and see if you catch something over night?

Peace
JustCurious
cmdusty (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I asked my friend about sneaking in out and he replied seriously I believe him. I've known him so long and he wouldn't lie to me for this long.

Sorry for the late reply I'm right in the middle of the riots in england at the moment.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Is there a small chance your friend might have snuck the clown back into the cupboard as a joke? I'm not saying this is the case and not trying to offend you or your friend. I just know certain people like to mess around but I don't know your friend. Sometimes I just try to look for explanations. If this was a supernatural occurence it seems if the clown is left alone in the cupboard it will leave you alone since nothing has ever happened to your friend (other than the clown reappearing back in the cupboard) in the years he lived there. I wonder if this clown was the person that got murdered favorate toy and didn't want it to be thrown away?
olive07 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
wow...i love the way this went from a paranormal story so an english lesson... Jesus this is a site for stories not english lessons... If you want to give spelling and grammar lessons, create a website for it and lay off the people here who only want to tell people about something that happened to them... 😁
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I had a nightmare about a clown mask as a child and I've hated clowns ever since. There is something about clowns, like the way they are supposed to cheer you up but hiding their true motives that are much more sinister like a piece of candy with a razor blade in it if you catch my drift. (cmdusty) - is it possible that your buddy is getting a kick out of tricking you because my best friend growing up would have done it to me and took it to the grave before telling me the truth and laughing his --- off when he got away from me!

Champion
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
That's what I'm saying... I blame autocorrect for my mishap. LOL But geeze, lay off already.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
[at] DeviousAngel,
Thank you for pointing that out. I was starting to wonder when all the English teachers were going back to school. Give people a break guys. Spelling should not reflect on your character. Have a heart, man. ❤

Jav
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Thanks for liking my comments. I know the difference between to, too, and two. Thanks for letting me know that I made a human error. I'll try to be perfect next time.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Jeeze, is the literary Third Reich running rampant on this site or what? What the heck is up with all the grammar nazis?
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
bacchaegrl I loved both of your comments... However, it's "might be 'too' true for me" not 'to'... 😁
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Cool! I hate clown dolls. Clown people I can take but not those clown dolls! Your story reminds me of that shipping commeral, where the family are standing outside of the house and the mail dude come up to them and asked what is wrong and the dad is like: "We have to ship that doll back" and you see a clown doll in the middle of the room, and the mail dude is like:" well you can ship it back for a low price now" blah blah and then the dad like" "Good because it has to go!" and the mail dude is like:"come on it can't be that bad" and then the dolls at the door looking up at them and the mail dude is like;"Yeah that has to go"
Very creepY! 😨
GIRLIE ❤
johntravis28 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
You're fine mate. It was Oceansea's spelling we were talking about 😆
cmdusty (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Thanks for the responses. Ill apologise about the spelling. It was very early in the morning and I was really wanting to get the story out there in a rush.

[at] bacchaegrl- My friends a little ocdish so everything has to be cleaned out properly. We took out everything from the cupboard and put it back where it should be. We checked the bin after we found the doll again and there was no sign of it.

[at] DeviousAngel- Sorry about that I'm an english language student so pretty much everything I write follows how you would set out a story. It's a force of habit

[at] rookdygin- His mum had gone after telling to tidy up his room. Her mum is not well at the moment so she was staying the night at her place. My friends two brothers are away, ones at university, the others in the navy. His dad was abroad looking at a house they want to buy in France. There is no way that a living being took the toy out of the bin and put it exactly where it had been.

Thanks for everything I'm more than happy to respond to any questions. I've got to run off to work now so I won't be able to respond until later. Thanks a lot
Chris
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Rook you took the words right out of my mouth man! Was just thinking that very thing.

I always instantly get sceptical when somebody says how true their story is. To me it is like printing money and writing "This is not counterfeit" on it.

Bacchaegrl, it isn't just spelling grammar wrong... They spelled occurrences wrong and they've left out commas too! 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I hate to ask this, the obvious question, but did you ask your Friends Mum if she had 'rescued' the doll you had tossed in the rubbish bin? It is entirely possible that she, or another 'living' person put the clown back in the cupboard... I know you say you were the only ones at home, but what about while you were sleeping? Just asking...

One must eliminate all the possible 'natural' causes before the Paranormal can even be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Not that this has anything to do with the story, but I love how autocorrect, being something that's supposed to be a convienence to the user... Tends to make the user look less intelligent... That was just a thought spawned from the typo in my original comment... Which is still my story, and I'm sticking to it.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
hmmm no comment!
[at] bacchaegal and devious scary grinning clown doll~ movie~ polterguiest!
Nuff said!
Carl
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Once is happenstance, twice is a coincidence, thrice is random, fourth- a pattern is established.

I used to be 'haunted' by an obnoxiously made unicorn refrigerator magnet. I eventually had to smash the darn thing into pieces with a hammer to get it to stop reappearing.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I'm not so sure if I find this believable... I wasn't there so I can't day it didn't happen but it sounds like a movie I've already seen. Juss sayen.
ouijalad (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
clowns creep me out more than anything, shouldnt of watched IT when I was younger, but this story really give me the creeps
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Oh man, I haven't thought of that; 110% true... That might be to true for me. I think clown dolls star in a lot of freaky tv shows and movies. I haven't really watched any, but yeah, it probably is a plot of something somewhere.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
What about 110% true. Can someone be that truthful? Because THAT would be impressive, and then it would definitely have to be true. I am always skeptical of stories that try to convince me of how true they are. Something about this story sounds very familiar to me, like a movie or an episode of a show that I have seen. Maybe that is just me though...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Also, why is it that the people most concerned about grammar are also the ones who can't spell it? Seems odd to me.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: