You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist

 

I lived in a second floor flat with both of my parents. When we first moved in, a neighbor told us we should not move in there, that the flat was used for constant partys using the ouija board. My dad did not take any notice of the neighbor at the time. I was about twelve years old.

Three nights after we moved in, it started. We had a plastic runner in the hallway to protect the carpet. We all had just gone to bed when we heard something running up and down the hallway on the runner. My dad jumped up and turned on the light. It stopped. My dad thought some one broke in, he checked the flat, there was nothing, just us. He turned the light back off. I went to sleep in my mum and dad's room. Ten minutes later, something was running madly up and down the hallway again. My dad jumped up and ran in the hallway. The running noise stopped. My dad was now standing in the bedroom doorway, he swore and shouted to go away, which made it angry because we heard the kitchen cuboards opening and slamming shut and our thick mahogany chairs sliding across the kitchen floors. My mum started screaming in a state of shock. My dad turned on the lights, the cuboards stopped banging and chairs stopped moving when my dad went to the kitchen. All the cuboards were open and chairs were in the middle of the kitchen.

We had years of this. My dad was the first one to see the spirits and I was the second to see them. There was two. My mum only heard them and never saw them, which was a good thing because if she did, she would have had heart failure. The one that haunted me the most wore a black robe with a hood and no face. He had big hands like shovels and wore a big ruby ring. He was 7 feet high and his shoulders were wider than the doorway. He looked like the grim reaper. The other spirit wore a white robe and was the same size as the other one and had a white ruffle round his neck. We heard voices arguing, one was telling the other one "you have had your fun its time for you to go now". My mum was a bag of nerves, she went to the vicar. They sent people to see if we were mad or if it was real. One day after, they gave the go ahead for the exorcism.

I'm now 30 and live in my own house. The other week, my son came screaming down the stairs, saying he saw a man in his room. When he described it, I knew who it was. My son is ten and scared to go upstairs on his own now. I swear it's punishing me, it made my life hell for years, but I got used to it. I thought the exorcism got rid of it but now my son has seen it and I know he hasn't heard me talk about it because I don't. It's my secret.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

harrypotterfan2013 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-29)
how could your mam get hear failed if she seen the ghosts? Ghosts can't hurt you or kill you 😕
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
If you would like a simple solution to permanently rid yourself of this djinn then email me at target2luv at hotmail dot com.
woodfairy1075 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
thats really scary and I know what its like not to be able to get rid of the spirits for a long time, I eventually just got fed up and told them to go away. After ignoring them for so long they do go away. Good luck
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Ouch, try... Hireing a ghost team. DO NOT GET THE HOUSE BLESSED! This will only anger the ghost.
Kia (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
This is similar to another story I heard… About 3 guys who went to visit a ghost girl in her house… when they found out she wasn’t alive they all ran out… later they found out that she’s been dead for 2 years by a car accident… she comes back home to her family… her family got so scared that they took all their clothes… said that they were going fishing and will return home. They left the place leaving their furniture behind. The girl is still there homesitting the hous. Maybe if you ever decide to move out… Don’t talk or say anything about moving… just say you’re going to the park… or going out…
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Interesting. These 'entes" or spirits are just what we called "espiritus burlones", fooling spirits. Yes, they do come out from the board. Yes, it's a doorway entering into our lives. These 'entes' just fool around with people for laughs. Many do harm and others don't. Either way, they are demons.
Take care.
albino ape (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
The only advice I have for you is to pray your heart out!! Have Faith and pray!!
Jess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-06)
this sounds more like a demon than anything else. do you still live in the same house? cause they will follow you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-01-05)
First I would not classify this as a poltergeist, this is more of a possesion or haunting. Poltergeist active is usually seen and heard without the appearance of an apperiton. Now for those who say it can't be a possesion you couldn't be more wrong, homes and personal belongings can and often do become possessed by spirits or demons or what have you. My next comment is people who do not understand the true nature of the ouija board should not be playing with one, the ouija board is often a gate way for evil to come through to our world, you can believe me when I say the ouija board lies to you to get you to make the mistake of inviting the evil presense into your home and once there it is almost impossible to get rid of or to close the portal between our world and theirs.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-01-04)
I just want to bring attention tho this story as it is really interesting, however it hasn't been published for a few weeks since it required heavy editing and we finally decided to do it ourselves. I just don't want to see it pass under the radar.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: