You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: 3:00 AM Awakening

Real Ghost Stories

3:00 AM Awakening

 

My cousin Travis (age 12) and me, 10, at the time were staying at his house and before we went to sleep he said "I have to warn you something will happen at 3:00 tonight" and well, knowing Travis, I thought he was just trying to scare me. I was wrong.

It was hard for me to fall asleep from what he said. I finally fell asleep at 1:00 and at 3:00 in the morning, I felt a light shaking and I thought it was my aunt, so I said "Aunt rockie 5 more minutes". I was wrong it wasn't my aunt rockie, whatever it was, it shook harder and harder and I burst up from my bed to see no body in sight. I shook travis and I said to him "Something just shook me half to death" (I was crying of fear) and he said "I told you that you were going to get a mean awakening at this time" and I asked why, according to him, every night at 3:00, something shakes him and so I asked why it shook me tonight, he said it was probably because I was new there and it wanted me to know it was there, but still, to this day, I am 17 now, and I am still afraid of that house and I never knew what that thing was.

Please if you have any idea what that thing was please comment and tell me!

Other hauntings by GhostLuverrr90

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostLuverrr90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

white_noise (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
3:00 am is when they come out sometimes. In my house it can be befor that like 10 pm or around that time.
EvercrossedRoses (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
3:00 AM is a time that frightens me ever since my experience. It was physical - and it - I believe it was a HE - talked. In some language. I had never, in my life, heard of it before. I am going to post it one day, my story, maybe you'll run into it sometime.
I have had experiences before - have dreams of future happenings and I guess when I tell family and friends it increases their opinion about me to where they think I'm a very odd and a strange person - For believing it happened. They always make excuses that are logical, when are people going to stop being afraid of what they don't understand or see? I have no idea.
So, this story, I believe and all the others on this site except the fiction I find now and then. It's stupid stuff... Basically don't be afraid. Forbid letting anything evil - giving evil - a time to come and harrass you. Maybe you should tell Travis that.
When it played me, I was confused and didn't know what was happening until after it was over - then I was angry. Don't EVER let something come into your life and shake your world and let it continue to do this to you. I may be scared sometimes - but I know that if I give it 0% of my time - the devil will not have an hour in MY house. GOD'S house.
ghostexplainer (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Hey what you are experiecing isn't a poltergeist from the information you have givin to the viewers. Poltergeist play tricks on the living in a way that could harm you. So far you haven't said in your story you were injured in anyway. Dont make contact with the poltergeist. If you do anything to open it up into our world it will kill anyone that household its very dangerous. At first it may seem to be a friendly sprit but once the barrier is broken it will harm people.
KMBgifs (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
Some times things happen and stick with the building or area in which it happened. At some point in time, there could have been a mother waking her child (ren) quickly for any number of reasons at 3 in the morning. The mother may have died and now, trying to save her child (ren), she wakes any child in that particular house.
Redhillies67 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
This has happened to me before, I was playing on MineCraft then all of the sudden this guy types in I'm a Devil worshiper then I got scared so then I asked why would you do that? He then said 3:00 is the Devils hour then left, so by then I was scared and then finally went to sleep and woke up to being touched/pushed/or pulled covers, and it was 3:00
Chrissy71 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
I too have been awakened at exactly 3:00am on the clock during the night. For awhile it was getting to be every night. I could feel the spirit in the room with me... And I knew it wasn't always the same one. I finally told them one night... This is my bedroom, if you need to make contact with me, you need to do it while I'm awake. It is 3:00am, this is my bedroom and I am the only one allowed in here at this time. You must stay out, unless you are my mom coming for a visit. From that day on, the awakenings at 3:00am have stopped. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me (so far).
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
you see a poltergeist is something that's trapted between two worlds its dead and doesn't belong here yet it can't move on becoming very violent. Its not their fault you see it builds of fustration confusion and quite frankly their scared because they don't understand what's happening to them or where they should go and it drags them down into pits of rage wanting help yet wanting to blame someone for their curse. Some arent for sure that you can see them or if its even real so they reach out for answers. Thats why they seek acknowledgment. In any case you should try to put it behind you and not let it haunt you. For if it was a poltergeist their not always stuck to one place. They move on to try to find out what's going on. That search is what really drives it mad and violent. It really would be a hellish thing to go through should a person pass on and get trapt.
myghoststory17 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
TLaz that's what I thought also that would be something I would do lol
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-20)
Hi There,

Something similar happens to me quite often at my House.
As a lot of my family is physic we've been able to identify and communicate with this entity and see what it wants. Most of the time Poltergeist's just like to let you know that they are there and for you to acknowledge them. Hope this helps.

God Bless ❤
olivia123 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Scary It miight of been a ghost which he didn't warn you about or he might not of wanted to tell you
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
I think it was your cuzin playing a nasty trick on you, why didn't you think about it? May be that's why he warned you...
gaby_wagner (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-29)
Almost everynight I wake up around 3 its okay your not in the house and it can't follow you 😁
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-12)
Shaking of the bed can be a sign of a earthquake, muscle spasms, poltergeist, or mischievous spirit (dead or alive). It's happened to me but not that violently. I just ignore it and it stops. It is a person trying to frighten you but if they can't get the thrill of spooking you they will give it up. 😉

I've heard from some Catholic source that 3am is an hour used by evil because it mocks the ideology if the Holy Trinity. It could also be in relation to the 3pm hour when Christ died on the Cross. I would toss salt around the bedroom to ward away any spirits of the dead. Sea Salt is considered more blessed. But table salt works just as well. I would also say the Guardian Angel prayer if I felt I was going to come under attack at night like clockwork.

(Try to memorize this little prayer? Repeat it about 2 to 3 times in a row day or night and you may even get a message from your Angel who is called into action on your behalf about this ghostly annoyance.)

Angel of God, my Guardian dear
To whom His love entrust me here;
Ever this day (or night) be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide, Amen.
Deano1 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
This is a bit arcane because my wife, son and I have been waking up at exactly 3:00am almost twice a week every week for months I had no idea that this was such an intricate yet ominous point in time so I made nothing of it. But what reason does a spirit have to wake a sleeping person?
VampireGee (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
Interesting. I remember years ago when I went to my friends house for the night and the same thing happened to me. Infact when I woke up that morning my friend asked me why I was hitting her on the head, but I swore I didn't.

Thanks for sharing.

VampireGee ❤
jmcgill (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hi everyone. I will try and answer the question of dead time.

Dead time is usually around 3:00 am the time most paranormal experts believe spirits are most active.

The most common explanation given for this is that Jesus died at 3:00 pm and the dead time is the opposite of that which of course is 3:00 am.

Hope this helps 😁
bluekingdom (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
hiya, I was reading one of your replys and I was wondering if I could chat to you about it, my msn is bluekingdom [at] hotmail.co.uk
I have some questions I would like to ask and it would seem only you can anwser them:)
AparitionKid (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I used to stay up on my computer also until about 4:30 AM and at a certain time (3:00) I would have this eerie felling someone was watching me or wanted me to Leave. Of course I would never leave, but one time I went to sleep at an early time, about 2:00 AM and I woke up at 3:00 AM and saw a kid (short hair,glasses) walking towards me with a smile on his face and it did not look like a nice smile. More like an evil cruel smile. Ever since I had that happened to me I have always been curious about ghosts.
kyah (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-20)
i think it may a spirit or a witch. That happens to me to. But they ride my back and scream in my ear. Sometimes they cab hurt you. But what ever you do... Dont open your eyes
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
well reacintle at about 3am, I wake up at the sounds of my cats hissing and I often find things out of place, last time I was sleeping on the floor with my bro and at 3 in the morning I saw his psp under the bed, I got freaked out, but there was no presence felt. It was weird. 🤔
rjh60 (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-12)
I had a shaking encounter at 3 a.m. Also. That's funny. It's kind of comforting to know that it happened to someone else. I've had other things happen in my house, knocking mostly and sometimes a smoke-like apparition. A few times it even glittered and sparkled like sequins, lol. I mostly just ignore it, whatever it is it seems completely harmless.
Leela (3 stories) (4 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
I agree that the time around 3:00 am is weird time. I have similar experience like you. I stayed few weeks in France, in a 18th century flat and every night I woke up exactly betwee 2:30 and 4:00 am and hearing knocking, strange sounds, three times I found myself scratched. It's a long story, but my last days in France made me almost a wreck. But my Catholic religion helped me a lot.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
What's up with this 3:00 am thing?
I am so freaked out by it, now I have a fear of waking up at 3am LOL.

I use to be on the computer until 3:30am (on weekends or if I have a day off work the next day) and nothing ever happened to me.

BUT THANKS TO YOU GUYS, I go to bed at 1:30am or 2:00am LOL.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Poltergeists will often to things like that. They will move objects around, poke you, and anything else that you physically notice.

I have had more than one poltergeist experience, and I find them very fascinating

God bless!
TLaz (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-14)
It be neat if all the other comments were true, but it was probably your cousin playing a trick on you. Didn't you think about that.
haunted_childhood (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
I never heard that about the 3 a.m thing, but it's 1:40 a.m. And you can believe I'll be hidin' under my covers if I'm still awake at 3. 😐
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Yeah, I personally and a few other people I know seem to feel something weird at 3AM, and if asleep always wake up then. Its strange...
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
Actually, I have heard that 3:00AM is where all human known and created space and time converges into the hour of truth and everything that is, will be known to all at that very hour. All untruths and all human beings who tell untruths will then be mirrored back with all the lies that they have told and the hoaxes they have pulled, all within the 3:00AM hour of truth. The soul's hour of truth where all communication on all levels, and all lies on all levels are laid wide open for the heavens and universe to see. An hour where a human being's life is communicating its level of life review. --Abby
Sheree (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
I've heard that 3:00am is the time of the devil and demons and what not, as it is an inversion of 3:00pm which is considered to be the hour in which Christ died.
SeeminglyInsane (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Well, it very well could've been a paranormal encounter.

It doesn't seem though that it's mean or anything, he/she is probably just looking for attention or help.

Since your cousin hasn't been helping, that could be why he/she shook you instead of him that night.

I don't really know much about this stuff, but from what I read, what I've learned, and others opinions I've heard, this seems like a logical reason.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: