You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: They Are Always With Me

Real Ghost Stories

They Are Always With Me

 

This summer has been a difficult for me. I've always been able to sense the presence and emotions of spirits. A sensitive, is the word my parents use for me. Even with a life time of the paranormal behind me I've never experienced anything like I have this summer. It started early June; I was in Hilton Head, South Carolina with my mom, little sister, and a friend of ours.

It was probably around two in the morning; I turned over and saw a man standing at the foot of my bed. He was a tall man and had long, straight hair. What really unnerved me were the horns on his head. They looked like bones that stuck straight out of are head and twisted in the middle. His presence was awful, truly malevolent. It made me physically sick. He was there the entire night, fading in and out.

Later in the same vacation, we were down to St. Augustine. We walked in the lighthouse, and then we went into the house. We went into the second room of the cellar, and the sheer strength of the spirit hit me like a brick wall. It was too much for me to handle, my chest constricted, I started to shake, and I got a pounding headache and began to feel nauseous. Whatever it was it was it was not happy. It was just my rotten luck that my mom read that the room was supposedly haunted.

My mom has had a few experiences with the supernatural but she's not as serious or as wary about it as I am. So what does she do? She stands in the middle of the room and openly challenges it. Saying things like "If you're really here you'll knock me over" and things like that. At this point I began crying, I really couldn't help myself. I kept telling her to stop and once she heard me I ran up the stairs. This is when things really got bad.

When we got home I started to see this entity. Both its presence and appearance were unique. It was somewhat like a shadow, but it looked tangible and solid. Its eyes were white orbs. The weirdest part, it always appeared to be melting into the ground. Every time I was alone I saw it, and I could always sense it. It got me so afraid I still sleep in the living room.

There are only two times that it wasn't in this one particular stance, arms relaxed, one shoulder lifted higher than the other, staring right at me. The first time was at night I was walking to my room to get my iPod charger. I nearly ran in to it. I have a bunk bed and it is right in front of my door. It was standing in front of my bed, arms spread and extended over its head. It was rocking back in forth. The movement was unnatural, so inhuman. It almost seemed as if the room was moving as well.

The second time I saw it out of its usual stance was during the day. I was walking down my hallway, when I was about to pass my bathroom and it stuck its head out right into my face. I've seen it dozens of times since June and it scares me. My friend told me it was trying to protect me. I cannot disprove that; it may very well be true. However, if it's trying to protect me then why does it take such a horrifying form and why does it scare me.

My most recent encounter was in Texas. We were driving through the country side and I felt something enter the car. I looked to my right and saw a black shape sitting next to me.

It is getting worse. Every where I go I see them, and feel them. I'm even starting to hear voices. It's not as harmless as it once seemed. They won't leave me alone. I'm always followed, always watched. I'm scared, very scared. In fourteen years I've never been afraid of the supernatural. I've been spooked and frightened, but never this afraid. My mom said we would do whatever it takes to make it better, but I'm unsure. I don't know what I'm doing and I'm pretty sure cleansing my house will not keep them from me when I'm everywhere else. It keeps getting worse and I don't know what to do anymore. If any of you know where to even begin, your advice is welcome.

Other hauntings by beautiful_rain

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautiful_rain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

beautiful_rain (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
JimD, yes, you are right. I am a catholic and every time I feel I've had an enconter with a demon I speak the words "devil, get away from me I belong to Jesus." Thank you for your help. Thankfully, those encounters are far and few.
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Demons or negative spirits scare people. I feel we'd all agree with that. MY opinion is first - I'm sorry this is happening and try to hang in there and 2. Consider trying Catholic Holy water and use of the phrase 'Jesus and Mary help me'. Watch to see if there is a strong reaction. I suspect there may be one. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
beautiful_rain (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Oh, excuse me, I meant to say I will get right to work on some of ya'lls advice.
beautiful_rain (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Thank you all very much for your advice. It is very much appreciated. I'm going to start right away on trying to eight some of this.
olive07 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Try burning sage, it helps keep away negative spirits. I have had to use it and it works wonders. Also, try to be so afraid... Negative spirits feed off of your fear... Good Luck 😊
beyondthisrealm (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Dear Beautiful Rain,
I used to watch "Psychic Kids" on Sunday nights, & there were some who, also, could see & feel ghosts & other spirits. It would confuse, terrify, & torment them as well. These kids got connected to counselors (who were, also, psychics), who helped them learn how to cope & deal with their ability. It really made them stronger, & introduced them to others with like experiences & fears. I'm not sure just how you would find these counselors, except to search the web, & get someone whom you trust to help/support you.
Also, if a spirit is giving you the major CREEPS with its presence, where others haven't in the past, perhaps YOUR spirit or soul is warning you. My thought (personally) is- something could be trying to deceive you in some way, in order to get an "inroad" to control you. And, I am WELL-acquainted with THOSE types of spirits, from my youth. They REALLY had me! (I'm 41 now, by the way). If it were me, I would command it to leave my home & presence forever, in Jesus Name. Even if you don't consider yourself a Christian, try it, say it with indignant authority. His Name is VERY powerful, when spoken with just a wee bit of faith! I KNOW it! Love to you, amigo. =)
Hexotericka (6 stories) (45 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Olivia1234, from all your previous posts it seems that you are simply on this site to ridicule, insult and get a rise out of the people who post their stories here. Do you get some perverse pleasure out of this? If so, kindly take your comments elsewhere. To the original poster, I apologise for doing this in your thread, but it had to be said.

This comment from Olivia1234 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

darkfantum (44 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
i think you should have the house blessed by a preist to get rid of this demon like creture

Darkfantum
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Wow...the visual I got when you described the horns and the "standing in front of [your] bed, arms spread and extended over its head. It was rocking back in forth. The movement was unnatural, so inhuman" was so intensely creepy... I can't imagine seeing that at my bed. I pray that you do follow Rook's advice and are rid of this for good.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
beautiful_rain- you should definitly listen to Rook and try the cleansing as Rook is very well respected on this site and one of a few that knows what they are talking about. I wish you strength and courage through this challange.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
beautiful_rain,

You asked for advice...

First it sounds as if something negative has attached itself to you, trying to 'draw energy' from you by causing you to be scared. I do not think this is anything more than that, so please try the following, it is something I do not only for myself, but my Home and Family as well.

I'm going to 'guess' your age...14... (I know you say "In fourteen years...") So this may be related to your age as well...12-15 year old girls or boys may experience an 'increase' in Paranormal activity due to the 'energy' that 'builds' up during puberty. In a good number of Poltergeist cases it is found that there is a pre-teen / teen aged child in the household and that they are going through puberty. I have a 'working theory' that it may apply to 'spirit activity' around this age group in general and not just Poltergeist Cases. Just my theory though. Anyway, please try this technique and Please keep us updated...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
minimom (50 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
I'm sure your mom is a nice person so don't take this the wrong way. She needs to get knocked on her butt, just once. Challenging a spirit isn't the smartest thing one can do.

A large number of the women in my family are sensitives, and one of my sons as well. It's not easy. You need to learn how to shut it off every now and then. How? Couldn't begin to tell you, it's different for everyone. I'm 55 and I'm still learning. The best suggestion I have is to find a mentor, another sensitive to help you get control.

I wish you luck.
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I know what you mean. I feel watched, I feel their emotions. They show themselves to me. You are not alone. Trust me in that. Listen to them is all I can say. Listen to what they have to say. Not all of these spirits will be good to you. I wish I could say they would be. I know I wasn't of much help.
ItalySurrendersToPasta (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
i understand similar things happen to me sometimes but you can't be scared of it because then it just becomes worse and you will be even more miserable. You controll it, it doesn't controll you. Once it was really bad for me but I got assistance from the other side, you should just ask for your spirit guide to help and assist you because if your like me, you don't even to talk to your family about it. But be careful you don't to invite anything bad into your life, also try meditating and soft music and good smelling scents are really helpful too. Dont worry you arent crazy because if you where so is everyone else on this site.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
[at] ghostguy like granny I looked up your book (amazon)
Might just buy it 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
ghostGuy: Very interesting that you actually wrote a handbook... I confess, I google searched it 😆...Looks like something I may have to get my hands on... Welcome to the site, I think your input will sure help us all...
ghostGuy (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
You may be experiencing an overload because
Of natural emf coming from the surrounding area.
Communication with an actual enitity is important for any real progress in getting them to listen to you.
Also, the acceptance of the reality of ghosts will give you the power you need not to freak out, when you should be communicating with them instead.
Hope things go well.

Mark Kerman
Author
Handbook For The Recently Haunted
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Well certain elements have a way of helping out in such situations.

First there is Cold Iron.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron

And then there is Lithium.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ (medication)

One or the other may be what you're needing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: