You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In The Forest

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Forest

 

The other night I had my friend Mikel over again. It was around 11 PM when this happened.

Mike and I had gone outside because it was too hot in the house, and we have a forest area in the backyard. Mike left before me, and I was to follow him out a few minutes later.

I started walking outside and towards the forest. I usually look at the ground when I walk, but not this time because I needed to see where I was going. My paranoia got to me, and I expected Mike to be somewhere in the dark waiting to pounce on me and freak me out.

Halfway to the forest there's a little red barn that used to be a chicken coop. Once there, I called him and he seemed to be near the trees, so I didn't have to worry about him trying to scare me. I continued walking, and as I got near the edge of the forest I looked at the ground and happened to notice my shadow. Since I'm terrified of shadow people the sight of it made me a little uneasy.

As I looked up I saw something glowing and white about 10 feet away from me and assumed it was Mike, but it couldn't have been, because Mike had worn all black that night. Its "body" was blurred a little bit, and it was kind of hard to comprehend. I kept watching it, and it just kind of slowly floated into the forest.

After I saw it I called Mike again and he was in a completely different area than where I'd seen the thing, and he wasn't even IN the trees, just near the end of them but outside of them.

The figure I saw was about human sized, but it definitely WAS NOT human. I only say this because no one wearing all white was around, plus when it went into the trees it was not touching the ground at all.

I remember this experience clearly and know it was not my imagination playing tricks on me in the dark. It's never happened to me before where my mind makes me see things. The feeling I had when I saw this thing gave me the realization that this was real. I never FULLY believed in ghosts until I saw this, and I wasn't ready to believe that every story on here was true. Looks like I was wrong.

So now that there's a ghost out in my forest, can it get into my house and bother me? For me, that would be the scariest thing ever...

Other hauntings by ChemicalChaos

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChemicalChaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-26)
Hey Moongrim. Maybe she was just, like, being a light, unto herself. Like Buddah. Kidding... This story gave the shivers. But no, nothing can get into ypur house if you don't allow it to. In my experience, that is...dunno. Maybe I have never experienced a spook strong enpugh to resist my super stylie house cleansing skills...
ChemicalChaos (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
To respond to everything here:

1. There was a porch light on.
2. Mike is not a practical joker and he did not have a flash light. I only expected him to jump out at me because I am paranoid.
3. Yes, the plan was to follow Mike outside later so my mom wouldn't get suspicious of us "dating."
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Too many questions need to be answered first to give a proper response to this. The whole fact of wondering whether this spirit (if this is what you did see) is going to follow you home I seriously doubt it. Please respond so we can give you a proper attempt on the answer.

Thank you

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
ChemicalChaos - you said you expected Mike to jump out and scare you, so I'm assuming he's a practical joker. Can you be sure the glowing white thing you saw wasn't a flashlight being shined into the trees compliments of your buddy Mike? He could have planned this in advance and made the flashlight create a glowing light that you saw. If not a flashlight, then something else rigged up by Mike?

You also said he went out first and you were to follow him a few minutes later as granny pointed out. I think I'd start with Mike.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
ChemicalChaos: I'm wondering why you said your friend went out before you and "I was to follow him out a few minutes later"?...Was that the plan?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
11PM at night and you could see your shadow? So what light was being cast about that you could see it? If there is light enough to have you cast a shadow, then I'd say the shadown 'person' you saw could also be made by the self same light.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: