You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Time To Re-arrange The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Time To Re-arrange The Bathroom

 

We were in our house in Wallhalben for a year when this happened. It was the beginning of August 2009 and my husband was already in bed since he had to work early the next morning. Me and my kids were upstairs watching movies and having a little slumber party.

It was no surprise when things would happen in the house, we'd gotten pretty used to it. The downstairs bathroom was my least favorite room in that house. I'd had an encounter in there right after we moved in, and it was just a very dark place. Even my kids didn't like going in there, especially at night.

The kids and I were fixing to put in another movie and I really needed my glasses but they were on my nightstand downstairs. Right as I got up we all heard something crash downstairs. It was late and I figured it was my husband up using the bathroom in the dark and he had knocked something over. A few minutes later I told the kids to stay up there and I'd go and see what happened and snag my glasses while I'm down there.

I go downstairs and it's dark so I flipped the light on and headed to my room. I was trying to be quiet so I turned on my lamp and there was my husband laying there staring at me all wide eyed. He scared me to death! I asked him what was wrong, and I could see that he was a little surprised, so he asked me if I had just been in the downstairs bathroom. I looked at him and told him that it wasn't me, and I was wondering if it was him that made all that noise just a few minutes ago and he said it wasn't him. So by this time I'm feeling the hair on my neck stand up.

I gathered up the nerve to go look around, I checked my kids room's, the laundry room, and headed to the bathroom. Soon as I flipped on the light in the bathroom I saw what had come crashing down. Up above the sink and toilet there was a ledge that we put things on. I had a small plastic container of hairbands and barretts and it was opened up and they were all over the floor along with a big metal can of Scrubbing Bubbles that sat on the far end of the ledge near the shower stall.

It looked like the stuff had been raked off into the floor. I went and told my husband what I found but he didn't want to go look so I went upstairs to grab my camera. I took pictures of everything, just to reconfirm what had happened. We had all heard it but none of us had done it. It was so random. Never did understand why those particular things were in the floor.

Other hauntings by deannah

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deannah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crazyaboutPARANORMAL (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Cool story... I live a couple of hours away north of you past Trier. 😁
deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
I too think it was just trying to get my attention... Well mission accomplished! From my track record with moving around all the time I doubt I'll ever live somewhere that doesn't have activity. I'm cool with it UNLESS it were to turn violent. We can coexist just don't hurt me or my family.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I have to agree with the other posters that it seems like a ghost trying to get its attention and such. I would have to say though if you have experienced much since then, if you don't mind having the ghost there, then to try and tell it some ground rules, and stand firm when you tell it these rules, and let it know that your the boss of the house.

However, if you do not want it around, then you just need to stand your ground and tell it that you don't want it around the house. I would however be careful if you go that route cause anything can happen. The spirit may leave willingly or it may not be willing to go and cause a bit of a problem.

I would say though if it does hang around, see if you can try and get a feeling for its intentions. Such as is it meaning any harm? Is it just curious to what is going on in the house?

Just a few things I wanted to throw out there, hope it helps!

Peace
JustCurious
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Creepy story! This might have just been a spirit that wanted to be noticed. I would be pretty upset if I had a spirit throwing stuff around and not cleaning it up. I do not really tolerate that of the living either. Did you keep the pictures? Could you post them?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
great story! Freeky but great!
It does sound like this spirit wants attention and like a spoilt child will "kick off" when not getting what it wants.

I do think that spirits are drawn to bathrooms due to the energy in water that they can tap into
(ok pun slightly intended there)
Dont surpose you still have the pics?
Carl
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
deannah - as granny said, what is it with ghosts and bathrooms? My daughter had a couple of ghostly experiences in her bathroom. I'm not sure whether or not I've submitted them. I also have had an experience in my bathroom, but they were definitely helpful (thank God!)

It's almost as if these things are done just to get your attention. Y'all were involved in something else, they created a "distraction," got your attention. Just enough to be irritating.

When you're writing things in your journal, don't forget to write down these too, okay? 😉
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
sounds pretty much like poltergeist activity!
How old are your kids?

Did you ever try to "contact" that spirit in any way?

Did you try to "replay" the falling down of that container of hairbands, for instance by loosening the ledge to cause it breaking down?
I love the detail that you took pictures of the scenario!
I'm sure this might help you after "replaying" the scene, if ever you did!

Since you are already "familiar" with the happenings there I wouldn't worry too much...

Though, I'd be eager to read more stories of your house!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
deannah: Something similar happened to my kids... They shared an apartment recently... My daughter, youngest son's girl, and oldest son came home one evening to everything in the bathroom turned upside down... The rinse cup, toothbrush holder, deodorant, etc 😆...I don't recall the whole story, but she'll submit it someday, I hope...

What IS it with ghosts and bathrooms? 😆...Thank you for posting, and I'm looking forward to more, as your stories always brighten my day ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: