You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Girl in Green

Real Ghost Stories

Girl in Green

 

I have seen a girl in green in my house ever since we first moved in when I was 5 (I'm 16 now). I usually see her in my parents' doorway out of the corner of my eye. She is about 5'3" and wears a green velvet dress that's a late 19th century style. She has dark brown hair that's pulled into a loose bun. I have seen her many times. She usually is walking into the room and as she does, she looks over her shoulder at me. She looks to be about my age. I have also seen her in our basement and staring at me in the middle of the night next to my bed.

I am scared to mention it to my family. They are all deeply religious and refuse to believe in ghosts. I felt like I was just crazy until my boyfriend was over one night. No one was upstairs but us. I was in the bathroom, but he didn't know that. When I came out he had ran up to me and started franticly telling me that he thought he had seen me walk into my parents' room when he looked for me. He walked across the room to the door and saw a girl who he thought was me go into their bathroom. He says he heard the drawers opening in there and things being moved around. But when he went in, there was no one there. Then I came into the room behind him and he started freaking out.

I don't know why she is in our house, we are the first ones to live here. The spirit seems pretty nice. Not evil. It's just upsetting when I'm home alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, goldenone13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KelleVamp (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
Interesting, Golden. She seems nice, and I find it amazing that she is there if you are the first ones to live there. Maybe there were houses there before and they bulldozed them? Or the land was haunted before?
Either way, still very interesting.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Have your house blessed by a priest; this situation has become very dangerous, whether it is the girl in green or not.
goldenone13 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-12)
i'm sure this is odd of me to comment on my own page, but some new things have started up. About 6 months ago, the energy changed... My hairs started to stand on end and I feel there is always someone behind me. My room has become particularly active. My hanging lantern moves when there is no wind, I feel that some one is watching me, and as of about a month ago I have literally felt things touching me. First it was a brush of the hand or a poke in the back, but now, while I try to fall asleep... I feel hands choking me... I am terrified.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Dear goldenone13,

It is always upsetting when people are alone at home, but in your case, you are not alone, you have company, which dates back to the early 20th century. You are right, she means no harm, and she needs help. Like what Shane said "She is more than likely a trapped soul searching for a way to be released". That means it is your responsibility to help her because she lives in your house and it seems you are the only one who believes she is present, aside from your boyfriend.

I advise you do research on the area, meditate and perhaps you could have a little chat with the resident ghost. Do your best to help her cross, for it seems she needs to reunite with her loved ones. In short she is perhaps afraid to cross over and you need to convince her.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Dear Sweet goldenone13,

Oh, I am so sorry that it appears I was arguing on your page, and I apologize to you and Quatermaine for such behavior. Thank you to the both of you and hope no offense is taken. Quatermaine, I do understand now how the comma was incorrectly placed, Ha,Ha! Commas work better on paychecks for the larger amount. Ha, Ha! Blessings to both of you and many pardons, Abby
goldenone13 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Thank you guys and it's totaly ok with me if people want to argue in my comment space. I don't care. Thanks for all the help. Next time I see her I'll take your advise and try to communicate
-caitlin
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
you're absolutely right Abby. Even the smallest of things should be mentioned else we would never learn, and you're welcome. 😊

Take care
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Pardon me again Miss caitlin,

Dear Quatermaine,

Thank you for your response and clairification, though no disrespect was taken. I was just keeping the record straight for all of us, myself included, as I also make mistakes too. Everything is worth a mention, as this is the way we, as human beings learn. Even the suttle has within it, a lesson for us all. This is what intuition and psychic experience are made of, those things human beings easily dismiss without mention.

Thank You, Abby
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
please don't get upset Abby I meant no dissrespect to you, I see I merely put the comma and full stop in the wrong places. Let me clear that up again...

What I meant was, as you had said to help her across onto the other side.
The not being malevolent part was 'my' conclusion after reading the story.

hope that helps clear that up, really it was nothing worth mentioning.

back to you caitlin 😊
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Pardon me caitlin for use of your comment section,

Quatermaine, please allow me to set the record straight and please re-read my comment to Miss caitlin, as I did not state the follwing that you have quoted as follows:

As Abby has said, "she doesn't seem malevolent so be her guide and ask your boyfriend to help you if you need the extra strength".

Thank you, Abby
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
I agree. It seems to me that she is looking to you to help her.
when you awake to her sitting staring at you have you not asked her what she wants?
I understand after such a rude awakening like that you're not exactly thinking straight and are more inclined to want to run then ask...

She needs to cross over into the light and appears to be looking to you, whom are able to notice her, to help her there.

Try speaking to her and help her to find her peace. As Abby has said, she doesn't seem malevolent so be her guide and ask your boyfriend to help you if you need the extra strength.

God Speed 😉
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Dear caitlin,

It appears you have a ghost living in your home and haunting you and your family, though you and your boyfriend are more sensitive to the girl in green. A ghost is a human being who is dead and has not crossed over to the other side. Thus, they are earthbound or trapped in this earth plane, 3D physical dimension.

You may want to encircle yourself in white or violet light, I prefer violet light, and imagine an army of those you believe in who can protect and support you like God/Goddess, angels, ancestors, guides, and so forth. Whatever and whoever your belief system supports. You then command firmly that the ghost girl in green leave and go to the place of unconditional love. You may also want to imagine that her family, God/Goddess, an angel or someone powerful and loving comes to take them with them to this place of unconditional love. It is best to send her on to the other side than for her to be trapped here in limbo.

Blessings, Abby
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Wow that sounds like the white lady of the buckhorn... You probaly don't know of her... But anyway what I am thinking is she is either trapped and what I think you should do is do some research of your street adress and house just to know what happened to her... And also what you should do is say "In the name of God what do you want"? And they should answer you... I hope I helped... Good luck,peace,and eternal love be with you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-19)
She is more than likely a trapped soul searching for a way to be released. When you see her speak to her as if she is living and ask her to leave, that her presense is no longer welcome there and that she needs to go to the light. That there is eternal love and rest in the light. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: