You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Reder Road

Real Ghost Stories

Reder Road

 

I will try to keep this as brief as possible. About 2 nights ago I and a couple of friends were driving around just being bored and having a good time hanging out. Out of boredom my friend tells us about this so called haunted road which was abandoned for 40 years named Reder Road. To my knowledge, there are 3 stories. Due to limited space I can't share.

Anyhow, I and my friends go through this overgrown forest type area and we find the road. It is about 12:00 am and we walk down this road. Nothing unusual happends for about 15 minutes in. We stop because we not only notice the path getting more narrow, but all of a sudden fog starts appearing around us and we can start seeing our breath (not normal considering we are in the end of July).

Then we look down the path and we see this black cloud that looked like it was growing big and then going small. So we decide to turn back, and as we go back I was watching our back every now and then. I turn around and nothing is there until I check again and there was the same black cloud, so we sprint out of there.

After about 5 minutes of running, we are almost to our car and I turn around and stop to look and I then saw a black shadow of a man walking accross the path. I turn around and told the two in front of me to run like hell. We ran as fast as we could and after we got in the car we sat there. Before my friend put the key in the ignition, we hear a slight scratching noise on the roof. So we drove as fast as we could.

Please message me if you wish to know more about 3 stories. Also, keep in mind that I was not seeing things. I seen one and I know it wasn't a shadow of my friend because I was behind them watching there backs. I am perfectly sane and I just still can't believe my eyes.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxharvesterxxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mara17 (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
My husband grew up in Reeder Road... His father was killed in the rail road track on May 1963 when he crossed the path of the train at 6:am. He worked for the train company. That morning was foggy... A month after that tragedy his home caught fire and was destroyed completely and his dog died inside the house. So many tragedies in his family when they lived there.
hmbeck09 (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-01)
"My friends and I" is the correct pronunciation! Usually I can read past the grammar mistakes, especially if it's someone writing from another country, but you're writing from Indiana. Come on man, you have to know that "I and my friends" just doesn't even sound nor look correct! 😠 😠 😠
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Normally a closed road is is illegal to trespass along.
Since the late 1980s, the road has been closed and is barricaded by yellow objects.

Http://www.paranormalknowledge.com/articles/reeder-road.html
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Very interesting story here, xxharvesterxxx. I just googled Reder Road (apparently it's Reeder Road), it seems haunted so I don't think that it was your imgination. Here's a excerpt from one website: "One other legend is if you walk along the train tracks that parallel the road, a man dressed in black will start to walk towards you in the distance"; this is from: http://www.paranormalknowledge.com/articles/reeder-road.html
Hope this helps 😁.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
IrishGuy (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
scary story! This seems to be a very famous place for paranormal activity. Madyrina there is lots of info about reder road on the internet if you google it 😊
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
You saw a shadow of a man on the path, can you be certain that you and your friends were the only ones out there that night? Does one of the three stories that you didn't tell us about, concern a man dying out there?

Could you give more info concerning the stories, I know you said they were long, but I think it would help to better understand.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: