You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Calling My Name In My Daughter's Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Calling My Name In My Daughter's Voice

 

This all started about 3 years ago. I was at home with one of my friends. We were talking and laughing. We both heard my daughter's voice shout down from her bedroom, "mum be quiet I'm trying to go to sleep". We both said "oh sorry jade," and started to talk a bit quieter. After a few minutes, we both heard it again shout "mum, I'm trying to go to sleep", again we both said sorry. A few minutes later my mobile phone rang. It was my daughter ringing me to say that she was spending the night at her boyfriend's house. Me and my friend went upstairs to her room only to find it empty.

A couple of weeks after this happened, my daughter begged me to swap bedrooms with her but would not give me any reason as to why she wanted to move rooms. She just said the room frightened her. I have never told her what me and my friend experienced, as I knew it would terrify her.

A year or so later I moved house to a bungalow. My boyfriend and I were lying in bed one morning with the bedroom door pushed to. We both heard my daughter talking. I didn't think she was home so I shouted her and got no reply. I went through to the living room and her bedroom but she was not there. Then a few days later, we heard my daughter and my son's voice chatting away. My son was at his home about 18 miles away and my daughter was in town shopping. We have since heard my daughter shout "mum" on several occasions when she has not ever been in the same house.

I have messeged numerous mediums, etc., to try to find out why this is happening but have never received a reply. They propably think I'm some kind of weirdo, but I assure you that 2 different people have been present when this has happened.

I am not frightened by it I am just confused as to what it all means.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaz64, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sailynh12 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Heyy Kaz64.
Yes it is very possible for a ghost to follow you to 3 different homes
SassySrush (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
kaz64
No means of offending you but the sound could be from some neighbourhood house. Did you try finding it out? 😕
ebony1997 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
This has happened to me and my big brothers girlfriend on sepreate occasions. She was in bed and woke up in the early hours of the morning when it was still dark and she heard my dad shouting at my little borther for not getting to sleep. When she told us in the morning we all laughed at her and said she was going mad because we was all asleep. However, a week after that I woke up in the early hours and it was dark and I heard my dad shout my little sisters name more than once. I thought nothing of it. But when I asked in the morning my dad said he was asleep and mom would have woken up if he had got up. Then he says that my big brothers girlfriend also said it and of course I got quite scared then. I haven't heard anything since but I'm putting recorders around during the night to see what happens.
Also, I once heard my twin whilst I was on the train, she said my name, then said it again, then said it again louder with more annoyance in her voice as if I was ignoring her. But when I sat up to listen it was only my big brother there and I asked him about it. He said no he hadn't heard it but it could be some telepathy thing or something. Which it could be for you also?
kaz64 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
first of all thank you to darkness, rookdygin and mmluvxx for you comments. Fistly I would like to reply to mmluvxx, my daughter no longer lives with me she is now engaged and shares a home with her boyfriend, she has done for the past 11 months it is deffinatley not in my imagination as I have only ever heard it when there have been other people present. But thanks for your comment it is muchly appreciated.
In reply to rookdygin, she has deffinatley never used an ouija board, I have asked her this several times and she always says she has not. On the comment about things dissapearing only to re-appear, well yes this has happened on a few occasions, the weirdest one of all was about 3 and a half years ago, I had a mobile phone which broke so I took out the memory card and put it away safely only to find weeks later that it had gone, I knew it had not been taken by anyone as no one knew it was there, but I did ask my daughter and she said she had not seen it. I demolished my bedroom looking for it but it was nowhere to be seen. I moved into a new home and 18 months later I went to put washing out on the line I opened the door to my back garden, only to find a memory card outside the back door, I tried it in my phone, it was the one which had gone missing, I have never been able to explain this an found it very strange. I have only on 2 occasions when I felt uncomfortable, on both occasion I was in my last home and in the kitchen, I cannot describe the feeling I had but both times I left what I was doing and left the room.
When me an my partner moved to our present home we had lived here for about 6 weeks, one evening we were sitting in the living room which is a very long room with the front door at the bottom end of the room, we saw 2 like flashes in mid air, at the bottom of the living room behind the front door, they were very bright white, I do not no what it was and we could find nothing wrong with any of the electrical items in use.
I thank you for your advice on cleansing and I shall certainly try this, although I do not want to risk agitating whatever it is that is present, that is the thing I fear the most. I was also advised that these things can lie dormant for months at a time, do you agree with this? Because it seems to have spells of weeks even months where nothing whatsoever occurs, then out of the blue we will hear it again...:)
MmLuvXx (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
I know you have probably been told this before but you should probably get ghost hunters or someone proffesional to check why this is happening. Or maybe something happened in the past that involved your daughter and you want her by your side all the time so you imagine it but I don't know why anyone else can hear it well I hope this infomation has become useful to you thanks

❤ 😊 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
kaz64,

I was mentioned by cecil04, 😲 so I thought I'd 'chime' in here.

It does sound as if you have a spirit that may have attached itself to you... I say this because you mention that you moved and this 'experience followed' you.

A few questions, some of which may have been asked already:

Have you noticed any other 'odd things' happening in the house or around you? Items vanishing only to 're-appear' where you had put them down, or in a place you know you looked?

Feelings of being watched, or just not feeling 'alone' when you are the only person home? (This may be due to high EMF but with others hearing this 'voice; I do not think this would be the case.)

Is there a chance your daughter may have used a Ouija Board? I know you said you have not, but maybe she has?

I offer the following 'ritual' that will help if this 'mischievous spirit' is negative in anyway. If it is not then these experiences will continue... And you'll know it's not negative in 'nature'. Thank you for posting and please keep us updated...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Agreeing with a few things mentioned by previous posters. It does sound mischievious, it is playing games with you to gain your attention which it has succeded in doing. There are a few reasons as to why it is doing this, but the main thing to find out first is what your daughter is not telling you. This is an important issue in finding out why these things are happening.
Is this the only activity you have been experiencing to date? Please keep us posted with this. And good luck.

Dan
kaz64 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
first of all I would like to thank mabs sith lord, lilady4 and haunted childhood for your comments. In reply to mabs sith lord, I have gently asked my daughter what it was that bothered her and she just kept saying nothing it doesn't matter, so I decided not to push her about it. I have considered getting someone in to deal with an exorcism, but my idea is that if whatever it is that is doing this is not causing any harm, then should it not be left alone, I don't want to annoy it in anyway whatsoever, and we have never used an ouija board, I would be too scared to try that.
I do agree that it is just up to mischief, for one reason or another.
In reply to lilady4 I did lose a child quite a few years ago and I often wonder is she follows me round, that kind of makes sense to me, but also my daughters father commited suicide 7 years ago, I also wonder if it is anything to do with him, if so then this would alarm me because he was a very sick man, who was suffering from mental illness, and I don't think he would just be a mischievous spirit...
Thank you all for your kind words an help:)
haunted_childhood (34 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
I experienced this very same thing when I was four years old. I was sitting on the couch with my grandmother, watching the telly, when from the back bedroom, we both heard my grandfather's voice call to my grandmother. But he wasn't at home at the time! 😨 It was very odd, and I've never forgotten it or found a logical explanation for it. Please let us know if you find out what's causing it. Good luck to you!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Wow, what an interesting story here, kaz64. I must admit that the word 'demon' comes to mind. But, in reality, I am not a big believer in demons. It could very well be an attention seeking, cheeky Spirit. I do suggest trying to get a medium in who could perhaps help you more. I know that you have tried this already, but I would keep on harassing them until someone could help me 😆. And, on second thought, this Spirit could very well be a child.
And, you are definately not a weirdo.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Kaz64,

Thankyou for sharing your story! I must admiit - I was a little spooked reading your account! I always look forward to readinfgstories from the UK, being a Brit myelf. Theres a lot of history in England of Ghost hauntings. Anyway, coming back to your story, I believe that your being pestered by a mischevous spirit! I do not think it is 'Astral Projection' but a straight forward haunting if you can call it that. The reason being your daughters unease in her own room - she must definetely sense something. I would loved to have heard what her fears are specificaly, but seeing as she hasnt yet spoken to you about it, its hard to say. And you are very wise not to have told her about the 'mimicing' incidents - it would only scare her.

Now, in regards to the mimicing; spirits are known to mimic people both living and dead. They can also take the form of a person. But the question is why? Why is it doing this to you? Esp when you also have witnesses present? Its very baffling, not to mention very unnerving and I commend you for having the guts to come here and tell us your encounter. I think your best bet would be to see a someone who deals in exorcism, or house cleansing. Its important when you move to a new home to have your house blessed and cleansed of spirits. Also, you can try burning burning sage or other tradtional hhouse cleansing acs. If all else fails, then please contact a priest or someone who deals in demonology/ exorcism.

I think your daughter knows something, something she is too scared to tell you about. Forgive me for speculating, but the word 'Ouija board' comes to mind. Of course I could be wrong, if I am then apologies. Either way, the mimicing little mischief maker needs to leave both you and your daughter in peace. And the sooner the better.

Please keep us updated of the progress or of any change.

Thanks!

MABS SITH LORD
kaz64 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
sailynh12
Thank you for your comment, I kind of agree with what you are saying, but would it be possible for the ghost to follow me to 3 different home, if so I find that kind of sinister:)
sailynh12 (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Well Thanks For sharing this story.
You are not a weirdo in have seen many times things like this happening.
What is happing is this a ghost that is is in your home & its has been mimicking your daughters vioce this can not be a good thing but have caution about the spirit being in your home if you need any future help you can cantact me
kaz64 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated. Madyrina my daughter is in her early twenties now, but yes she would have been 19 when this started, she is very easily scared by things like this so I don't like to bring it up with her, although I can say that something probably did happen seeing as she would not sleep in her bedroom anymore and I had to swap with her.
And thank you cecil04 for your advice to contact rookdygin, I shall look him up:)
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I don't believe your a weirdo. This used to happen numerous times to my mom, she said she would hear me and my siblings chatting away in the tv room late at night and would go out ready to scold us and tell us to go to bed, only to find an empty room.

Her experinces happened around the same time that I was having my own paranormal experinces, so I got to ask since it's mimicking your daughter, have you asked her if she is experincing anything? Is your daughter a teenager by any chance?

While it doesn't sound overtly hostile, I'm sure it's kind of scary and annoying, so if you feel the need to get rid of what ever it is, you might try a cleansing ritual. ❤
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
kaz64,

Thanks for sharing your story!
First of all, you are definitely not a "weirdo" or such - when browsing through other stories on this site, you will find out that many other people had similar experiences!

Although I'm not really into that topic, this might sound to me like "astral projection" or something in the way.
I'm sorry I cannot help you any further about that, but I suggest to consult rookdygin (a user on this site) - I am sure he can help you out a lot better since he is very experienced in these things!

😊❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: