You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Even Now I Know What I Saw

Real Ghost Stories

Even Now I Know What I Saw

 

My ghost story starts years and years ago. I was roughly around 8 or maybe a tad bit younger when I was visited by a being no longer in this world.

Growing up I lived in an older house in a small town. We had an upstairs and my sister and I slept up there. We had separate rooms but a doorway connected the two rooms. Unless there was a sheet up in the doorway, I could see straight into her room and vice versa. One night in the early morning hours, probably around 3 or 4am, I woke up out of a sound sleep.

Nothing startled me and nothing woke me up, I just simply woke up and laid there. This is one of those moments where you do something or something happens but your not sure why. Once I woke up my eyes went straight to the doorway. Usually I would see straight into my sisters room but someone was blocking part of the door way.

A woman was standing there in a light purple shirt. Her shoulders and up were underneath some sort of shadow but I knew she was staring straight at me. Somewhere deep down inside I felt calm, protected, and watched over. Not even the tiniest bit of fear filled me, it was as if I was looking at someone I knew. Initially you would think its my sister, maybe she's sleep walking or playing a joke on me, but I could see her sleeping in a ball in her bed when I looked passed the woman. I should've been scared, or at least alarmed considering some woman is staring me down but like I said, I felt completely comfortable.

I only got to see her for a couple minutes and I went right back to sleep. The next day I told my mom what I saw but she just laughed and thought I was comin up with it. But 12 years later, I'm 20, and I remember it like it was yesterday. Now she believes me, because something I just made up to get attention wouldn't stick with me all these years. Ever since that night, I've felt one step closer to the spirit world, I'm not quite psychic but I feel like I know when there's a spirit around and I know when there's a spirit visiting me or at least trying to. I wish I could communicate but I can only feel them trying to make there presence known.

Other hauntings by AliceRenee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AliceRenee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AliceRenee (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
510mot- That could be. Its a very interesting theory! And if that's so who knows how many encounters people are expierencing but never knowing it.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
I think there may be a segment in our sleep cycle in which communication with spirits may be easier. Often I think we dismiss these visitations as dreams. Whats cool here is that you remember falling back asleep.
AliceRenee (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Sherry_soule- I considered that but I have never been a "vivid" dreamer. Some people have dreams that feel real on occasion but I've always had crazy dreams such as maybe I'm walking in a field of cheesburgers with a talking milkshake but never something that could actually be real. Of course it may be a possibility. Thanks for your input!
AliceRenee (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Miracles51031- Thanks for your suggestions! I wish I had a lot of family photos to go through but sadly (and I know it sounds weird) my family is not well documented through photos. I know what my great grandparents look like from photos but besides that I only know the family who were still alive for me to recognize. I wish I could have seen her face I may have been able to desribe her for my mom and perhaps she could pin point the person for me.
AliceRenee (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Cecil04- Thank you for all your feedback! I enjoyed reading it and hearing all your advice! I will surely try what you suggested, and if it works that'd be amazing.
AliceRenee (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Madyrina- Thanks. She definetly opened me up to the goodside of the paranormal.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
AliceRenee - first I'd like to say I really enjoyed your story 😊. As Madyrina said, not all ghost stories are about bad ghosts, there are good ones out there too.

I know this is probably late advice, considering it's 12 years past, but have you looked at pictures of family members and friends who have died to see if you recognize her from her clothing? I have this "crackpot theory" (a favorite phrase for some of us LOL) that ghosts wear clothing that either a: they died in, b: they were buried in, (obvious choices here) or c: someone would be able to recognize them in. Take a child for instance. A child sees the ghost of a long past relative, one they never knew. But from the clothing they are able to identify them in a picture.

Sorry, sometimes I get on a roll and my fingers just won't stop typing 😆. Anyway, since her face was "shadowed," the clothing is all you have to go on. And since this kind of thing drives me nuts, I'd be scouring old photos trying to see who she is.

Then again, if she never made another appearance, maybe she was just someone passing through the apartment who thought you were her family. Regardless, great story. 😊
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
AliceRenee,

Thank you for sharing this really nice story.
I love it because I had a quite similar experience when I was at about the same age as you were at that time!

In my opinion that "purple lady" was some kind of "guard", "spiritual companion" or other kind of benevolent spirit.
Do you think/feel she is still around you?

"I wish I could communicate but I can only feel them trying to make there presence known.":
This is already a very good start if you really want to communicate to her/"them";
Since you can "feel" the presences, the only thing needed to be done in the next step is concentrating and responding (!) to them!

If you have the feeling that "something" or "somebody" is around you, you can try the following:
Lay down on a bed or sofa and make sure you are in a silent surrounding (no other people around talking, no TV, and so on).
Relax your mind and your body and watch your "feelings".
If you are positive of a presence around you, "tell" him/her (in your thoughts, directed to that spirit) to try to make your feelings more "precise"!
It's hard to describe what I mean, but for example you could ask them "please touch/sit on my legs so that I know you are there!" - normally, and if done again and again this should give you "some" feeling in (for instance) your legs. Or your arms, your body, whereever you want...

As for me, I use to get sort of "tingling" feelings on certain locations of my body when doing this and the more often you try, the more sure you can be that it's not just your mind playing tricks on your body (which will be the case MANY times, especially when not moving for a too long time)!
This needs a whole lot of practice and you should do it again and again and again...
If this method works for you and if you are "trained" on recognizing very small "feelings" like these, you can make your "communication" more and more precise and go on "asking" stuff (in your mind) and waiting for a "response".

Maybe all that sounds odd to you, but it's at least a try to approach communication and for me it almost always works!

I think the fact that you can actually "feel" presences already is a good prerequisite to "dig deeper" - I have the feeling that you might be a sensitive person according to the "spirit world", so why not just give it a try!:)

😊❤
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Nice story.

Maybe she was just passing by? I like the fact that you mention you didn't feel threatened, shows that not all "ghost stories" are about evil, malicous entities; some are positive, some negative, and then like this... Just neutral. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: