You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Murder House

Real Ghost Stories

Murder House

 

I used to live in a small one level unit apartment in 1991. I didn't have a problem with any of my neighbors except this one 20-something guy who I'd always catch loitering around the back of my bedroom trying to look in my windows and listening in on my phone conversations. One time I caught him running away as I pulled back the curtain. I heard the gravel crunch before that. It was only a couple months before I wouldn't have to put up with that again.

But in some ways what happened that fall was worse.

I was interrupted in the middle of watching a show on TV by a bunch of noise outside. I went out and saw ambulances and cops everywhere. My landlady was standing outside her apartment smoking and watching them carry three bodies out to the ambulance on stretchers. I asked the cops what happened and they said they couldn't tell me. So I asked the landlady. She said the young guy who lived two doors down from me had shot and killed two men, then himself. That there had been an argument. There had also been another suicide in the apartment behind me, but I didn't know that at the time.

I moved out soon after that. I came back to the apartment where the suicide had occurred, still not aware or told by the manager about what had happened there. So I suspected nothing. To this day I'm not sure if the hauntings were the young man who had shot the two women and himself, the other guy who killed himself, or a combination of the two. It was only a couple weeks before things started happening. First, the bedroom had an ominous feeling that came and went. It never felt right. Then one night I awoke to see a man shaped skinny tall black cloudy thing hovering over me. My immediate response was to yell at it to back the f**k off. He floated backwards into the wall and I noticed "he" had no face. Three weeks later, it came back and sat on my bed and woke me up when I felt the weight and pressure. My legs even rolled into the indentation where I assumed the ghost butt was sitting. I was angry. How dare this creep come back to harass me? I forced myself out of the fear paralysis and woke up, sweating like a pig. He was gone. I moved out soon after that. BUT...

Three years later I babysat for my sister, who just happened to move into the apartment across from where the murders took place, a mere 20 feet away. Like I said, it was a small, L-shaped unit of apartments. One night at 1 am, when the kid was asleep down the hall, I saw a shadow come up behind the light in front of me. It turned the dimmer switch 3 times really slow off and on. I froze. I never told my sister about it either. I wasn't sure what she'd think as she was more religious than me and might overreact or disbelieve. I also didn't want to scare her because she had a baby in the house. I just hoped the ghosts or whatever they were were leaving them alone. I noticed she didn't live there much longer though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moonfire2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
[at] moonfire2011,
When you say you think you may have helped those two little boys who were murdered there, do you mean "cross over"? Because if that is the case, that could be why others might want your help also. Who knows how this works? Do you all of a sudden get a neon sign above your head that only spirits can see? I doubt it, but I'm still stuck on the dimmer switch. Slow, that's me.

Jav 😊
moonfire2011 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
[at] Javelina, the park experiences were before the light dimmer incident. Both before and after. It was more intense when I came back to the park in 2003, when I found out what it was all about, long story. And both places are about 400 miles apart.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
moonfire2011,
Black sheep huh? Well, welcome to "Black Sheep Central"! I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the membership are the black sheep of their family too. 😆
The light/dimmer switch thing is just a theory I have that has to do with how we interpret what we receive from spirits. Are they trying to tell us something, or just messing with us? And if it's a message, what are they trying to say? I was wondering about the light going off and on (the 3 times us just coincidental). Because it seemed so deliberate and purposeful. It had your full attention. That's when I thought about the word 'light', and then the question. Does it want help going into the light? Crossing over? I don't really know, but it would be interesting if we could find out.
HEY! That case in Washington. Was that before or after the incident at the apartments? With the lights, I mean.

Jav
moonfire2011 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
[at] Javelina, don't worry, I'm not moving back there, no chance. I'm established in my own house now, especially since I own it. That's interesting about things occuring in 3s, I didn't think about that! I wonder how the ghost would think I'd help them cross over. And yes, I can't talk about this stuff to my family as most of them are ridiculously devout Christians (sigh). I'm the black sheep of the family I'm afraid. Speaking of 3s, Zak from Ghost Adventures got 3 scratches at Bobby Mackey's only I think that's more demonic than ghost. The scratches are a mockery of the Trinity they say. Speaking of crossing over, I need to put up my story about David Douglas park in Vancouver WA. I think I DID help the two little boys who were murdered there in some way. But it's haunted by more than ghosts. There are also nature spirits there.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
moonfire2011,
Thanks for getting back to me on that. I kind of figured it was a typo, but really it was the suicide case that I was wondering about.
I was thinking that maybe the little trick with the light/dimmer switch was the spirit trying to communicate to you that they needed help crossing over. You know, going into the light? No pun intended. Because it was a suicide, that person may be afraid they won't be able to move on at all, and I think it was pretty clever using the dimmer switch to relay that message.
I also think you made a wise decision in not telling your sister about what you witnessed. That would have stirred up no end of trouble. And for what? If she isn't a sensitive, she may never be bothered by it.
Now the fact that it was three times with the switch is very interesting. We kind of have a thing about the number 3, when it comes to spirits attempting communication. Not like it's proof or anything, it just seems to be how it works out in most cases. Three knocks, taps, even lights going on and off three times. After you've read a few of these stories, you will start to see patterns that involve spirit communication. And that is one of the biggies.
You aren't going to move back to those apartments again are you? Being sensitive, sometimes it's best to steer clear of areas that have experienced violent death. I realize it's not possible to know everything about every place you enter, but if you know something bad did occur, you'd be best served by shielding yourself psychically first. Because you know, if you can see them, they know it. And they will just keep flocking to you.

Thanks for sharing your experience,
Jav 😊
moonfire2011 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
Sorry for the confusion, "two men" was a typo. He killed two WOMEN. And Javelina I heard about the suicide in the other apartment years after I had moved out. I went back to talk to the new managers about any hauntings in the apartments since then and they were very reluctant to discuss it save for that one suicide. I think they were afraid to talk about it because it would hurt their business and scare people off from renting.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Hi moonfire2011: It seems as though a lot of negative energy was lingering around those apartments. I have the impression that the people who have been shot and killed seemed to be drawn to you perhaps of your ability to perceive them, either way they need to move on. I don't think they are malevolent more confused in my opinion. I am glad you have moved out and hopefully they have crossed over.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
I think that the second sentence just had a typo...

Anyway it was a very good reaction to instantly tell the spirit to back off!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
That has confused me to over if it was two women or two men that he had killed...

Hope you can straighten that out for us, but I get the feeling it was two men since that was first said.

Peace
JustCurious
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
Good story. I hope your standing up to this ghost works in getting rid of it.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
Ditto - I had same question - did the young fellow kill two men or two women?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
moonfire2011,
These two statements are a bit confusing, please elaborate, if you will.

"So I asked the landlady. She said the young guy who lived two doors down from me had shot and killed two men, then himself."

"I'm not sure if the hauntings were the young man who had shot the two women and himself"

Also, when did you finally hear about the suicide in the other apartment?

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: