You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Flying Camera

Real Ghost Stories

Flying Camera

 

Before getting into the story I think a little bit of explanation in the lay out of the room that this happened is in order. That way those who read this story can get an idea about where everything that takes part in the story is in the room.

When you open the door, to your immediate left would be a dresser that wasn't too high. It would come up to about waist level. And straight forward would be another dresser, which would be higher due to a shelving unit that rested on top of the dresser. To the left of the dresser that was straight forward from the door was the bed. The head of the bed was against the wall that would be to your left if you stepped in the room. Meaning if you turned left in the room you would look straight at the wall that the head of the bed rested against.

One thing to mention also is that the wall the head of the bed rested against also had the closet for the room in it. So there are two dressers, a bed, a night stand, and a closet. And there is also enough room between the bed and the wall to the left of it for someone to be able to walk between the two of them comfortably. Also the dresser straight forward from the door rested in the corner of the two walls.

Now to also mention, there was no one else involved in this story. This experience took place shortly before I went to bed and no one was in the room besides me. Now without further waiting, onto the story.

I had just finished getting ready to go to sleep and had laid down on my bed. I was resting on my back, trying to get comfortable to drift off to sleep since it had been a long day. I was looking at the wall in front of me and since the dresser was just to the left I could see it in my field of vision.

I had a small camera resting on the second shelf up above the dresser. It was small enough that if you held it in your hand almost the entire thing could fit into the palm of your hand without much trouble. About five or ten minutes after I started looking at the wall the camera fell, but fell in a way that made it seem more like it jumped off the shelf instead of just falling.

The reason why I am saying that is because the way that the shelving unit is set up, if the camera had just fallen without taking the leap, it would have hit the dresser then fallen the rest of the way down to the ground. It wouldn't have just came off the shelf and fall more then a foot away from the dresser before hitting the ground.

The reason I decided to share this story is because I think it may have a tie to a spirit letting me know it was there and I want to know what other people say about my experience. I also know the camera had really fallen cause I was able to get up later and pick the camera up to return it to the shelf from which it had fallen.

I also would like to point out that there has been no other experiences tied to the camera since this happened. Its just been the one time and again, I think it was just a spirit trying to let me know that he was there, and decided that making the camera go through my field of vision was the best way to do that at the time since what was the dircetion I was looking.

Thank you for taking time to read this, and I am open to other ideas.

Other hauntings by JustCurious

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustCurious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Thank you! I know its a couple months late in reply but I been pretty busy recently and haven't had to much of a chance to get back on, and had some down time today and figured Id stop back and see how YGS is doing.

Peace
JustCurious
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Hey JC, just wanted to drop by, say hi, and wish you a Happy Birthday! 😁 All the best and I hope you are enjoying your day. 😉

Cosmo 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
I had another story that was submitted along with this one and I am hoping it gets published on the site cause not only did I think it was interesting, I would like to see what you guys say about it to.

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Taz890 - I got that mental picture going now to lol. Who knows what's going on with the spirits in the spirit world.

Cosmogal - Thats an interesting story. I never had anything go missing before without being able to find it. Atleast nothing that I had any sort of paranormal experience tied to it.

DARKNESS - Thank you. I'm planning to ask for it back. Been a little busy recently and trying to figure out what would be a good time to ask. Your welcome for the story.

Peace
JustCurious
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Hi JC! Haha I love experiencing the little subtle things, they really stand out for me, your camera falling off the shelf is just one of these things. I think you should ask for your camera back, at least just to witness what results you get. It could be quite interesting. Either way it seems like it has an interest in it for some reason. Good story.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
interesting story jc and have to agree with you all.
Does sound like the spirit wanted to let you know it was around.

Got a mental picture of your spirit taking photos of cosmos spirit with the glasses on!

I need help lol
Carl
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
JC, well if the camera doesn't turn back up then I guess your little ghostie friend is having a blast taking pictures in the after life. LOL! I had a pair of glasses disappear off the bathroom sink. I had put them down on the sink, my husband was in the living room. I went to the store, came back, went to put the glasses on and they were gone! I tore the bathroom apart, even blamed my husband for hiding them on me because he always told me not to leave them there. I went half mad looking for them, they never turned up. So now I joke around saying that some ghostie is running around the after life with my glasses on. LOL! 😆
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Cosmogal - I have been thinkin about asking them to give it back, but to be honest, I haven't even touched that thing since 2008 except for moving it from one location to the next so I don't know if I will even really touch it much if it is returned.

I think I'll still ask the spirit to return it so if it took it, then I'll have the camera back. If it didn't take it... Well then I just wasn't paying attention last time I cleaned up and misplaced it... 😆 But if I misplaced it maybe the spirit can help me find it. 😆

Peace
JustCurious
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Hey JC, well I was thinking that this experience could be some spirit curious about the camera. Maybe it was looking at it trying to figure out what it was and ended up knocking it off the shelf. Now that I read your last comment about the camera missing it's possible the spirit took it. Did you try asking for them to return it? It doesn't seem like it's into causing any problems, and probably pops in from time to time to try and get your attention. I think Marjie, has a good idea with setting some boundaries.

Great story JC, thanks 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
I also can't find the camera anymore... Dont know where it is but it won't turn up so I don't know if the camera has been taken by this thing or if it is just playing hide and seek

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
yep. Definatly. Probably going to lay some ground rules with it though so that way it doesn't get to comfortable and think it can get away with anything, but so far it seems comfortable.

Peace
JustCurious
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
JC - you're welcome 😊 and I'd say, as long as this one is just hanging around and not giving you any problems, it should be an amicable relationship. If it starts to get too much in your space, you know the whole "boundaries" thing.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
Yes, its a digital camera, and yeah I took a look at the pictures that was on it. There are no "suspicious" pictures or anything. It never gave me a malevolent feeling or anything.

All I have gotten is a feeling of being watched, and this was the first time it ever gave a more visible sign of it being there.

Now I wouldn't mind letting it stay, because of what I was mentioning earlier, that all I have really gotten is a watched feeling, and this was the first time it really gave me a more visible sign of it being there.

However I think I'm going to keep an eye out on the spirits activities, and see if it gives any signs in the future that makes me think otherwise and cause me to think that I need to make it leave.

That is really interesting about the story of what happened with your daughter. I don't think anyone that I know heard it due to the location of my room and all that.

Thank you for your input, and all I know is I was definatly caught me off guard, but didn't really scare me. Just kind of made me think "Ok. Someones here." type thing if that makes sense.

Peace
JustCurious
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
JustCurious - finally your story made it, huh? Okay, let's start with the camera. You said it has no ties, right? I'm assuming it's digital? Have you looked at the pictures on it to make sure there are no "suspicious" pictures? No blurry ones, none that have obvious "OMG that's a ghost" pictures, no definite flying orbs, anything like that?

Okay, now on to the camera falling. Yep, that's definitely not out of the realm of possibilities. My daughter has had that happen a couple of times. One was a picture of her, her sisters and their deceased dad. It just flew across her room and landed a couple of feet from where it originally was on top of her TV. It was hard enough I heard it. Another time something fell from her bathroom shelf above the sink. The object lifted up over a small shelf and fell.

So, if the camera was just an instrument used by your ghost to get your attention, I guess you need to decide what to do. It doesn't appear to be malevolent, but do you want it to stay. Or would you rather it leave.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: