You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Man Down The Hall

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Down The Hall

 

I've been haunted all my life. I wish I knew the reasons. I'm going to share my stories and I'm going to start with this one. This happened pretty recently. I live in a big one floor house that used to be a bed and breakfast, I've been living here one week now.

Everything inside of it was made from the 70's. The house had this very long hallway and at one end was my bedroom and the other end a door leading to a small part of the house that had a bedroom and a bathroom. (the door was always closed and we never used that part of the house and the whole house had small sections to it because of the bed and breakfast factor). The whole time I have been here that door has been giving me a bad vibe. Every time I get a bad vibe something always happens to me (known because of past experiences), and that alone scared me.

So 2 nights ago I went to go to the bathroom, but when I looked down the hall the door was opened. It was pitch black beyond the door and I slowly saw something inside it. It was like a shadow darker than its surroundings, it was a dark figure just standing there. I was just scared standing as it made weird movements. It was twitching (I could barley see it but its movements made it clear it was a man spazzing out).

After 5 seconds he retracted in the darkness, and then a few seconds later I could hear something running down the hallway coming towards me violently (there was nothing there though). I ran back in my room in fright. And the next morning the door was closed.

Why is this happening to me? No one believes me. My parents think I'm crazy because I always complain about these things happening to me, I don't blame them though. This isn't the only thing that happened to me either. I will tell you in my next entries. I just want an explanation. I'm scared.

I'm sorry if I didn't put a lot of details, this is my first entry. If you have any questions I'll gladly answer them. This isn't the first time things have happened to me either. I have been followed by spirits all my life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FALLOWEDallMYlife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
FALLOWEDallMYlife,

A few things-

First of all, I love SC. I went to Charleston with my aunt, and I adored everything about it. Interestingly enough, we went on a ghost tour while we were there. 🤔

I am so sorry you have to endure this alone. I know it must not only be hard, but incredibly frustrating.

I was sent here by Jav because I have had something pretty similar happen to me. It's in my profile if you are interested. From what I have been through, I can tell you that it's not your fault and that you are not alone. I think the history of your current residence could have something to do with the shadow figure. I am by no means an expert, so keep in mind that I am just letting you know what helped me with my paranormal experiences. Being strong is vital. Giving in to the fear is what seems to feed these entities. Strength also helps create a mental shield between you and the spirits. After a while, I didn't even bat an eyelash when something weird happened. Even when I'm at the house where the haunting happened to me, nothing happens. Whether a mental shield is unintentionally made or the entities simply get bored, I have had great success with strength and perserverence.

Having hobbies and getting fresh air also can do amazing things.

I wish you the best of luck.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hello again Dyl,
I came back to check for any comments from you and found that your story title had been edited. It no longer reads "Part 1" at the end of it. I don't know what that means. But since "Part 2" hasn't come up on the list of recent submissions, it may have been sent back to you for further editing on your part.
Whatever the reason, you can always add it here as a comment if you like. That way people can get a better idea of what you are experiencing and offer up their advice and, hopefully, some solutions.
Your description of the scratching noises coming from the attic is quite disturbing. It's been on my mind ever since I read your last post. Since it is in the woods, are there any trees that sit close to the house? Any branches that could be brushing up against the roof or the side of the house?
I do have a suggestion that could help determine if it is coming from an animal or another natural source. Try sprinkling flour or baby powder on the floor of the attic in the area you suspect these noises are coming from. Make sure you do this as you are backing away from the area so you don't leave any of your own footprints. Try to cover as much of the area as you can so that whatever it is can't just walk around it. If it wants to get past it must walk through it. Now, to make this as foolproof as possible, Take before and after pictures of the area too. Plus, it would help if you could record the noises, should they occur.
This is just one idea and I'm sure there are others out there. However, you would have physical evidence from this experiment that could either prove/disprove or eliminate the possibility of paranormal activity in that part of the house.
The fact that your parents got such a smokin' deal on the price is a huge red flag in my opinion.
Had you lived in the area before moving into this house?
Are you buying or renting this place?
What about pets? Do you have any?
Are there any other buildings on the property?

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Dyl,
If you've been having experiences all your life, odds are it will continue. You see, if you are able to hear and/or see spirits, it's pretty much a guarantee that they know it.
Think about it. They get stuck in a time warp, they can't, or don't, move forward. There's no going back. What have they got left?
Then you come along and it's like someone just turned on the light in a room that's been dark for 100 years. All of a sudden there's someone out there that can see them. And they want the attention too! Some just want help moving on/crossing over. Maybe they don't know they can. Who knows? But they see you, and they are going to do what they can just to get your attention.
That's just my theory about it. I'm thinking of how you described the spazzing out man. It almost sounds like he was shaking off the dust, or just trying to stand up after years of sitting. Kind of shaky in his movements at first, then as soon as he gets a feel for it he starts running at you before you get a chance to escape and he loses his chance to get your attention.
All that stuff that was left there? I'm thinking those things have spirits attached to them, and nobody wanted to take them with them when they left.
Noisy neighbors? Yeah, that's real funny, huh? I wouldn't think so either.
I'll be watching for your next chapter here, just like everyone else. But if you really want help hun, if you're serious, you'll step up and join the conversation.
Just sayin'...

Jav
FALLOWEDallMYlife (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
The house is very old, everything inside of it is from the 60's-70's. And yes, my parents couldn't let go of this deal, its a big house with a lot of land and they couldn't resist when they saw the price. When we asked the owner of the house if they were any problems with the house he had said "no but the neighbors get noisy sometimes." We were confused when he said that because we live on a hill in the woods and we don't really have any neighbors, the closest house to us is a quarter mile away.

The house is filled with portraits of people that arnt alive anymore, their birth and death dates are on the back of them, and they all look like farmers.

beyond that door is a guest room, a bathroom, and the stairwell to the attic. My mom keeps telling my step dad that she hears something scratching up there, but she's convinced its raccoons. I have heard the scratching a few times at night when I'm in the kitchen, it doest sound like raccoons can make that kind of scratching. It sounds like somebody taking a rake to a wood floor and dragging it continuously.

Part 2 will be here very soon (I hope). Its up to the website when to publish it. Keep fallowing my stories. I'm sick of counseling this, and its time I get a explanation to why this is happening to me. I will also be sharing stories of my past experiences in my earlier homes, and I have some experiences much worse than this happen to me. Thanks for reading.

-Dyl
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
hi there FALLOWEDallMYlife, sorry to hear your family don't believe you how awful that must be.

Now I am going to wait until the next part is posted befor saying too much but I hope you do get to post it soon as it feels like you need help and soon, but don't want to say the wrong thing if that makes sence.

Carl
emociara (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
omg if this would of happened to me I would of craped myself 😨 😐but I believe you
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Omg! Your story gave me goosebumps thinking of someone running down the hallway! Because it has happened to me before and man I feel you! 😨

Thank you for sharing your story, and all I can say for now is that I don't think ghost are following you, I think you are very sensitive to the paranormal. A lady I know who's a sensitive saids that if you see them... They see you. Therefore, some just want help and others just like to scare you.

Whether is true or not, is something to think about.
Losthopelessly (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
You have officially sucked me into this, and have my full attention. I must admit, when I read about you seeing the 'Spazzing' man, the image in my head scared me a bit (I'm one of those people who visualizes everything I read), I can't even imagine how you felt.
I do wonder though, did someone die from a seizure in that area? That is the only reason I can think of this shadowy figure twitching, that, or it seriously wanted you to see what was giving you that bad vibe.
I've got goosebumps even reading this. Hope to hear more, and best of luck with this
-Lost ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Sorry to hear that you are going through this. Will wait for more details before I try to offer any advice or insight, but bad feelings are usually a bad sign. Is it just fear or a feeling like something is sucking the light out of you, if that makes sense?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
FALLOWEDallMYlife,
Now, I do understand the feelings of fear and confusion you are experiencing. And I believe that you saw exactly what you say you saw. Mainly because of the 'spazzing' factor, but also because you just sound out of breath with your words. Like you ran all the way here hoping someone would listen.
So, since this story is labeled as Part 1, it's a little difficult to give you any answers yet. We haven't heard the rest of your story. Maybe you'd like to fill us in on more of the details now?
What other things have occurred since you moved in? Was there furniture in the home when you moved in?
Did you get any warnings about the room at the other end of the hall from the previous tenants?
How long was it vacant before you moved in?
And last, but not least, was it one of those great deals that your family just couldn't pass up? (cost wise, I mean)

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: