You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Suicide Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Suicide Haunting

 

When I was a small child I remember seeing my Grandmother often even after she passed away. These experiences actually lead me to develop a fear of being alone and an even worse fear of the dark. Over the years my fears have subsided and I haven't really had any problems the last three or four. That all changed July 16th of this year.

When I moved to Florida I quickly befriended a lady forty years my senior, Leslie. Leslie is a great woman who manages a rundown motel on the outskirts of town. From time to time she will have my husband, Joe and I do odd jobs around the old place. We have become very close to her, and would do anything for her. So when she called and asked us to come down we immediately got in our and car headed toward the motel. She explained that a young man had checked in the day before and that he wouldn't answer the room door. I didn't think much of it as the guests are known to leave without returning the keys. I left and went to work only to have my husband call a few hours later explaining that the young man had ended his life in that motel room. Of course I felt for that person and his family but still I didn't think much of it. I had never met the man and I'm not a very emotional person at all.

After a few days the police had cleared the scene so that it could be cleaned up. Leslie couldn't stand to do it, and she didn't have the five hundred dollars required to hire a professional crime scene cleaning crew. She reluctantly requested that Joseph and I clean the room for her. I do not like seeing things like that, however, Joe had recently gotten laid off and we could use the two hundred dollars she was offering. I figured that it would take us a few hours to do the job, a quick and easy couple hundred bucks. I have never been more wrong about something in my life!

When we arrived that morning the air was thick with a sadness. Leslie gave me another chance to back out of our deal but a deal is a deal and I decided to proceed. As I approached the dreaded room of 106 something told me to turn around get back in the car and get home as fast as I could. I was shaking, getting cold chills, and tears were running down my face. I swallowed my feelings and entered the room. From start to finish it only took 3 hours to do the job. But it did not end there.

A few days afterwards I was sitting on the couch searching the internet when I got the overwhelming feeling that I was being watched. I got up and fixed every curtain in the house. I know there was no way anyone could see me but the feeling persisted. Before I could even sit back down I heard someone faintly say Bbbillie? Stuttering the first letter. I was the only person home at the time. We only have one neighbor and he was gone as well. It made me so uncomfortable, to the point that I left the house.

That night as I laid down the feeling was back and much worse. I could hear my smaller dog, a 6 month old pug, growling which he seldom does so I raised up to see what was the matter and through the glass doors leading into the bathroom I could see a smokey shadow standing inside. I tried to dismiss it thinking that I was perhaps seeing things. A short time later I could smell the scent of vanilla cigars. I was disturbed to the point I made my husband walk around the house looking for intruders. I absolutely hate the smell of cigars so I knew that no one was smoking in my home. The smell was radiating from the bathroom/laundry room area but nothing was there and after awhile the scent disappeared and I was able to fall asleep.

For the next few days there were only little things like the TV being turned off and on, things being moved, hearing someone mumble in the next room. I had felt something touch the top of my head as I was washing my face, things that most people would dismiss. Nothing was really bad, except for the feeling of being watched. It was so bad that my fears all returned ten fold. I can't stand to be alone at all I leave every light in the house on. My husband was to the point that he thought I was becoming schizophrenic. Which really hurt because I knew these things were happening to me.

Well, that ended today when the biggest thing yet happened. We were sitting on the couch which is at the back of the living room beside the bedroom door and behind the rocking chair watching TV. The chair began rocking. Looking around we see that our two dogs are laying beside us so thinking that the cat had gotten inside of the chair we walked over to get her out. We soon realized the cat was not there. We were walking back to the couch when the bedroom door opened. Doors open sometimes because of drafts or leveling issues but this was different. It swung open so fast and hard that we knew someone had thrown it open. As we stood there startled and confused the washing machine that sits beside the bathroom door actually unplugged and moved about 5 feet from the wall in front of those doors it then turned around so that it was facing us about a 180 degree turn. My husband promptly put the washer back closed the door and we left the house.

We have only lived in this house for 4 months. Right after moving in we lost a baby, shortly after that I found a small child's hand prints on the inside windows of my car but other than that there were no ghostly activities. That is until we cleaned room 106. Now I am plagued by strange things. I Even have day-mares about a man that keeps saying "I didn't mean to do that. I didn't mean it." I believe that the person I see is the same young man that committed suicide however I do not know for sure, as I have never actually seen him and can not find a picture of him anywhere.

I don't know what he wants or if he just got attached to us while we were in the room where he chose to end his life. All I know for sure is that this is not over yet...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lovies_marie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
I really enjoyed reading this. However I really do hope you find out what is happening to you and your husband.

God Bless X ❤
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Hello, Marie:

I just happened upon your story again, and something "came" to me. If all this is still happening or if the spirit is still with you, perhaps he can't come through to his loved ones for some reason. He may want you to relay the message he gave you.
If I were in your position, I would find out all the info he gave the Leslie, i.e, full name, address,etc. Also, you can get more info from the police report (which is public information) and look up the obituary for next of kin. The police report and medical examiner/coroner would have the funeral home info who would also know next of kin. Then you can use zabasearch and white pages to get phone numbers and addresses of kin. I would then tell them everything you have shared here, whether they're a believer or not. They probably would very much like to know that he didn't mean to do it. This might likely be the reason behind the "haunt". He may want to help his loved ones to heal. Even if they don't seem receptive, it will plant the seed. Then if he isn't satisfied enough to cross over, find someone who can help him to do so.
Many Blessings,
Lynev
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
lovies_marie,

Sorry to hear things have continued to happen. Are large items still being moved in your home or has the 'activity' settled down some?

Your efforts at trying to rid yourself of this spirit have been good ones. I do have to ask something now and I do not mean to be rude... Did you or your Husband find something while cleaning room 106 and keep it for yourselves? Or maybe either one of you found something, kept it and did not tell the other? I ask because your efforts seemed to have 'no effect' and while spirit attachments can be strong if a physical object that belonged to the deceased is involved... You can see where that train of thought is going...

It may be as simple as this spirit really does not want to 'let go' of his hold on the physical world you stated this...

"I Even have day-mares about a man that keeps saying "I didn't mean to do that. I didn't mean it."

If he is communicating to you via your dreams and this is what he is saying then what I described above may indeed be correct. If you wish could you e-mail me all the details of what has been happening... I will do my best to advise and aid you... But I feel I'm missing something... Thank you for responding and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
lovies_marie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Thanks to everyone who left suggestions we really appreciate it. Sorry that it has taken so long to respond. To Rook, I am 26 and from Alabama/Kentucky but now live in Florida.
I tried talking to this young man, tried explaining things to him. I even invited him into my car and drove back to the motel and once there commanded he get out and stay there that he didn't belong with me. None of these things worked.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
slayt,

I have two questions for you, please do not be offended...

1) Where are you from?

2) How old are you?

Many thanks in advance...

Respectfully,

Rook
slayt (3 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
ask him in the sweetest most nice sorta childish voice and say,"mister when I get the feeling you watch me I get scared so please let me not have that feeling or write on papper,"im a peacfull sirit there's no harm in what I do" then ask if you write this down every word please mean it and don't moove our furnitur 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
lovies-marie how awful for you, I hope this ends soon.

I would say that rooks advice is the best you will get here and I hope that it helps you.

Talking to the spirit should help him too, he sounds like he wants you to pass the message on for him, have you told leslie? He might want to put her mind at rest too. It must have been hard for her to have that happen.

I had a friend who accidently took his own life and the though of his spirit being trapped is terrible, now I am not religious and you don't say if you are but try the candle and praying for him to pass over,
Neither you or him should be suffering like this.

I hope it all works out for you
Carl
emociara (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
wow this is really scary o.o 😨 I wonder why he was so close to you maybe he didn't have family so he got close to u
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
WOW! This is a very interesting account. I was going to say pretty much everything Winipu4 said. I definitely think that this soul is lost and scared and is looking to you for help. He knows that you are able to hear and see him and his actions seem desperate for you attention. I agree with talking to him out loud and telling him that he will be ok. Make it clear that he can not stay in your home. Light a candle for him and say a prayer that he finds his way into the light. Thank you for sharing this with us, and please keep us posted. Good Luck!
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Hello, Billie:

You were most definitely followed by this lost soul who probably can't move on due to a fear of judgement over his suicide. Since you have not acknowledged his presence, he is becoming more forceful with "evidence". If I were in your shoes, I would definitely tell him that he MUST move on, that God is all forgiving and all merciful. Tell him to ask for forgiveness. He must look for the light and go there. Describe it to him and tell him there are others there that will help him without judgement. You should also tell him that although you are sympathetic, he CANNOT remain with you and is NOT welcomed. You MUST convince him or he will never leave no matter where you move. I would also say prayers for him and yourselves, no matter what faith.
If this doesn't work, find a local paranormal group that deals with this. They usually have psychics, spiritualists or religious people skilled in this sort of thing.
Good Luck,
Lynev
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
lovies_marie,

I would call this a case of a 'lost spirit or lost soul'. This young man ended his own life... A violent and lonely death and has remained earthbound. At first there was confusion on his part... All the in and out of the investigators and such and then this spirit senses you... Realizes you are sensitive, that you are picking up on his 'feelings' and so he has attached himself to you.

Now in your own home he wasn't being acknowledged in a manner he thought was helping him...remember...this Spirit is Lost and not sure where to go... So he's looking for attention and answers...I'm going to recommend a couple of things... The first is this, next time you feel this presence address it... Calmly explain what has happened to him... Tell him it's time to move on... That he has Family Members on the other side waiting on him. Explain to him he is not welcome in your home.

Then there is this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I feel this sort of earthbound Spirit can become a Negative Spirit... In part due to the 'Death' it's body suffered and the fact it doesn't understand what is happening to it. This 'Ritual' will help to rid your home of it. Please keep us updated... Ask any questions you may have, or if you want to keep it more private please e-mail me via the address on my profile.

Respectfully,

Rook
brenttan (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
You can pray for the Lord to take care of him. And take him over to the other side. And don't be too scared of the dark and ghostly experiences, try not to be, as these beings have a way of being attracted to those who fear them, as fear is a powerful energy, and it has been said that such beings feed off such energies. Ask the Lord to help for you may not be equipped to help him on your own strength.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: