You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Spirit Of The Glass 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit Of The Glass 2

 

Using the method of "Spirit of the glass" and in company of people who are experienced and aware of that topic, I have had tons of successful and really delightful contacts to my "household-spirit" (which I mentioned in my very first story "The not so scary man at the window") during a time-span of say 5 years or something (about more than 10 years ago, though).

During that time I learned everything about his name, his period of lifetime (year 1700-anything if I remember correctly), his pleasures and non-pleasures, sorrows, reason for still being in the so called "in-between-world" and so on.

So to say, I have been in dialogue with that "spirit" constantly (not only via the board) and we've been talking about this and that for years! So we were really familiar with each other and there was absolutely no situation so far that would make him "angry" or "dangerous" in any kind.

Actually, time after time I managed to easily "feel" his presence when he is around and most of the time that feeling is accurate.

Anyway, there was one occasion of definite logical (physical!) proof of his existence and I would like to tell you about that in the first place, because besides of all trust and nice companionship to that spirit, I have always been a skeptic in some way, which means that I tend to never believe things without double-checking them first.

So...

One day a friend of mine joined me and my grandmother for a "talk" through the "spirit of the glass", and he was a convinced skeptic. Not a non-believer, but still a skeptic.

So I asked my "spirit-friend" - his name is Cecil (like my nickname here on the site) - to please guess the actual number my friend was thinking of.

My friend did not have his hands on the glass, he was only sitting next to me thinking about some number between 1 and 20 and the "spirit's job" was to tell the correct number.

As of my friend's confirmation, the result was in 100% of the cases correct! We tried this for 5 or 10 times and also I concentrated on some numbers which were accurate in the end.

For him and also for me this was kind of a proof that "we were NOT being fooled by our own perception" and all of us were quite amazed by the fact that all (!) the numbers were right.

Cecil always had certain "difficulties" about numbers, for example dates or years he told us were most often slightly incorrect (which he always apologized for, he is just "not good at maths" haha) - therefore I really wondered about his correct answers!

I still remember that after that he wanted to leave quite soon because he was "tired" and needed to rest...

Anyway; there is no chance that a skeptic like my friend would have played a trick on me; he was totally honest with me and it was not a "fun-thing" to do for him, he was actually quite thrilled by what's going on there and interested in a reasonable way.

Actually, back then I was thinking that a good spirit would only unlikely join "games" like those to proof his/her existence, so I was wondering why he did this eventually?!

His straight answer was: "we know each other for so long already, why would I lie to you?" (or "trick you" or something, I can't remember any more).

After all our talks that seemed to me like a "plausible answer" - and also a lovely one!

In some way he felt "proud" of himself I think and from the beginning he was okay about our little "test".

Okay.

In a skeptical view this means, either my "household spirit" is really existent (which I do believe), or this was a proof of active telepathy happening between human beings (about the numbers being guessed).

One of those two possibilities must be fact, there was no "show" or "prank" happening there for sure!

As I said, this was only one of many many talks/contacts we had made back then and me personally I have no doubt that what had happened (and still is happening) was true and solid.

When I got older though, the number of contacts decreased more and more, since as a working man I just didn't have too much time any more... Eventually no more contacts (through the board) happened since around year 2000 or 2001 or something, but they still do occasionally through other forms of communication.

I sort of "closed my 3rd eye" back then and whenever I "open" it again these days, perpetual activity is going on around me! (which I will tell about in another post)

All the best:)

Other hauntings by cecil04

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cecil04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-15)
sorry folks for being gone for a very long time; I've been on duty and I had no proper internet access during that time.

So far, rook and me found out only some surrounding details regarding the fire/earthquake in that area and time and some vague directions of possible family lines...
Finding details about a specific person is quite hard, but there ARE sources which we are traced!

At my point of view I guess another contact with Cecil seems inevitable to get some further details to search for...

We will see, the topic is still on though!:)
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
27flowers and DragonStorm80,

I'm happy you enjoyed my story! 😊
At the moment Rook and me are in researches about the whole topic...
There will definitely be an update if we find out anything useful!

PhysicII,

Thank you so much for the translation! Very good work!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
PhysicII,

Very well done, hats off to you for that wonderful bit of information. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
27flowers (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
This is going in my favourites. Thank you for sharing your experience, advice and for sharing Cecil with us too, so very interesting and quite moving actually! I hope you keep us informed with whatever you find out,I'm hooked! Good luck-
27flowers x
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
What a nice story, I hope you choose to keep your third eye open a little more in the now and future and that you and cecil can bond further 😊 And the history that has been posted up here has been very interesting and I look forward to hearing more 😊
PhysicII (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
The tower originally had a pitched roof - see the following old engraving


From the "pinnacle" to the "mushroom tower"
PhysicII (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
1794 Leoben

Monday 6 February at 13:18 (Io = 7-8
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Rook,

I just emailed you an instance ago.
I don't know Czech but it's not a problem to find a translation, I know people who speak Czech...

I'm curious to see your findings! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
cecil04,

Please e-mail me I have found some things that may help but the only bit's I understand are the Birth and Death dates... The rest is either German or in some cases Czech... You mentioned you could help with the German... Hows you Czech?

My e-mail address in on my profile...

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
To those following the current 'quick' correspondence is brought to you via synchronicity... 😲 πŸ˜‰ 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
cecil04,

Another thing to check would be Local Church Membership records and maybe even the Local Church Cemetery. If you yourself can not go for a visit perhaps you know someone who lives 'nearby' that can go over and either inquire at the Church or maybe even walk the Cemetery and look for the given time frame... Date of death... And the first name Cecil... Just a couple of more ideas...

Respectfully,

Rook
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Rook,

This is an excellent idea! 😁
I'm pretty sure that in the 1700s there were a census and taxation there. (I would wonder if not)

It's a difficulty that the info you have to deal with will be mostly in German language.
Anyway, there are three things that I could do to support you:

1. Translation of any texts and sources you might find. This would keep the process slow of course, but it would at least keep it going.
Please feel free to ask me about any translations I could help you with (via e-mail of course, not here on the site; we don't want to go off-topic here)!
2. I can contact my grandmother to ask for more information; maybe she can remember things which I forgot already! Maybe she even could contact Cecil again for me (my board is still in her home) to ask for further details!
I'm not sure about the last part though, but I can ask her if it was of any help.
3. I can contact the city administration via e-mail (in German language) to retrieve any information you need! But actually I wouldn't know where to start asking...

Just let me know if I can be of any support, then I will e-mail you and help you at my best!

Thanks Rook:)!
😊❀
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
cecil04,

As long as there have been taxes there have been things called the census... The 'man' has to know whom to tax... 😲

There are also resources based on Family History's and I happen to belong to the 'Mother of all Churches' when it comes to Family History's... πŸ˜†

These are the avenues I'm going to attempt to pursue... Though you being 'In country' or at least way more 'local' than I am may have better luck as I'm not so good at foreign languages...😲

Respectfully,

Rook
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
hannaho11,

Although I do not appreciate your rude way of writing, I'd like to thank you for your comment.
I'm sad that you didn't like my story and I am disappointed that you didn't choose to ask questions or state your opinion in the first place, before posting nonsense.
I hope the other day you will be in a better mood - this might surely improve your Karma as well...;)

Taz890,
Thanks for your words!
Don't worry, I understand quite fine what you mean 😊

Rook,
Unfortunately I can only provide you with a first name, I have no information about his last name (be it because I never asked or because he never told me/could not tell me, I can't remember).
It would be awesome if you found out something, though I'm a little puzzled about how to find out about an inhabitant of that time!?
Anyway, thank you so much for your commitment, I am eagerly expecting your replies! 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
great story thanks for adding 😊
I liked the part where cecil told you you both were kindred spirits through out time, it is touching to hear that you know the one who will be there for you when you pass into the spirit relm.
And that you will one day get to meet your friend cecil.
Sorry if that sounds morbid
Carl

This comment from hannaho11 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
cecil04,

I'll see if I can come up with anything... I have a town name, a time frame and the Name of an individual who lived there... A first name albeit but a name none the less... Thanks for the update.

Respectfully,

Rook
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
otteer,

Your quote "things that concern us here are no big deal there" reminds me of something Cecil used to say several times back then (just in words to the effect):
"you don't remember now, but you will in the end!"

This makes me feel very good somehow 😊

Maybe your theory is correct, but then why say "I am not allowed to"?!
The word "allowed" doesn't fit for me at all - until now! πŸ˜•
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Rook,
Thank you for commenting on my story!

The city's name I am talking about is "Leoben" and it lies in Austria/Europe (I was living in Austria for about 25 years before I emigrated).
The years mentioned by Cecil are somewhat between 1700 and 1800 (I really cannot remember exactly any more).

Actually, after posting my comment today I did some research on the internet and I did manage to find some little hints of a quake in historical records!
No detailed reports though, but it happened in 1794, destroyed/damaged 213 buldings of the city and left only 10 untouched!

Please see these links which I found today:
Http://www.zamg.ac.at/HistSeism/1794.html
(this is the homepage of an Austrian organization collecting geological and weather reports)

Http://www.schwammerlturm.at/geschichte/geschichte.html
(this is a webpage dedicated to the city's main landmark. An earthquake is mentioned there aswell!)

Unfortunately the contents of these pages are all in German language, I am sorry I could not find any English resources but I will keep on searching.
I tried to copy-paste some of the texts into http://translate.google.com and the result was not perfect but at least quite readable English - please accept that this is the only source of information I could find so far. 😒
I can translate parts for you on demand!

The research I did back then was in the city's and my school's libraries and archives - I can't remember the stated year any more but the fire I've been reading about might very well coincide with those tremors in 1794.

I will definitely go on researching on the topic some more, since writing about it stirs up lots of memories inside me!:)
Maybe in the end Cecil did not confuse the terms at all - this is great!
Unfortunately I cannot access the libraries there any more because I am living in another country now, but there must be some more info about it accessible through the www for sure.

I appreciate your interest and it would be great if you could find out something aswell!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Thank you so much for sharing his history with us, it was much more than I expected so I was pleasantly surprised to see your reply. I think its facinating too. I remember one famous psychic saying that things that concern us here are no big deal there...and, if they don't want to talk about something, there is nothing you can do to make em!
Thanks again!
❀
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
cecil04,

Your account did not disappoint. I found this fascinating. I do have a question about Cecil's History however...

Did any of the 'tremors' coincide with the fire that devastated the city... It could have been very easily overlooked what with the fire causing so much destruction... The 'tremors' that caused it may not have gathered any 'reports' at all...

I would like to ask, if it's not to personal... What village / town / city are you speaking of and if I may, what year (s) are you talking about?

Respectfully,

Rook
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
otteer, thanks for your comment!

I wouldn't call it a "gold mine" but simply continuous contact... When getting somebody know, of course you will find out more and more about each other!
Same thing here I think.
You are right about those questions you mentioned, they are only rarely being answered in a meaningful way. I think many of those just cannot be answered due to lack of knowing an answer or comprehending the situation as a spirit. (just my opinion)

About Cecil's story; of course I'd like to tell you, thanks for asking!
I don't think he would mind if I shared it with you...:)
There were so many things being talked about, I will try to remember and sum up some of the cornerstones for you;

First of all, he lived in my neighboring city (5 km away from my then home) in the 1700s something and died during an earthquake that happened during that time, at the age of in between 30 and 40 years.
I researched about earthquakes during this timespan (there are only minor ones in this geological area and very rare) but I couldn't find anything that would have made it into the newspapers.
Instead, I found out about a big fire devastating half of the city at about that time of history, so maybe/probably he just confused the words.

He told us a lot about how the city looked 300-400 years ago and that during his lifetime some of the city's (still-remaining) landmarks were built. Looking at pictures/old paintings and reading about the town's history those tales were quite accurate.
As of him he had a quite good life back then; a good job as a craftsman and he did not have to starve or live in poverty. Actually he told us he used to be a little overweight πŸ˜†, which as we know was not very common during that time.
Also he has always been spared from the plagues the country was suffering these days.

He said the reason for still remaining in the "in-between-world" is that he had died in a violent way and that he wasn't "ready yet".
Maybe the reason also is that there is "something to be done first" but he can't remember what. I'm not sure about that, I'm only guessing...

In addition, he made me understand that he was kind of "attached" to me (I don't know if that's the right word) because we were very close in some of my/our previous lifes.
As of him, our souls have been together for a very long time (hundreds of years) and in the past we lived in multiple different forms of (human) relation - sometimes as brothers, sometimes as friends, as father and son, aunt and niece, maybe co-workers, and so on... Just always sticking together!
That's why he still "accompanies me" and I think he always will.

So to say the term "household spirit" is not quite correct in this case, since he followed me most of the time whereever I went - he doesn't just "stay at home".

Cecil never made himself visible to me or knocked at doors or something like that; he always used to say that he doesn't have enough energy to do so and that it would be very exhausting to try.
And of course we never wanted to bother him about that - for what?
When talking through the board, most of the time it was him who wanted to close the session at some point (sometimes our sessions lasted even for a whole afternoon, 4-5-6 hours!), because he was "tired" and wanted to rest.

Again about the questions you mentioned in your reply; we only hardly asked him questions like those, but there were indeed a few of that kind which brought quite interesting answers:
My grandma once asked him if there "really" were a god and a devil and such.
Cecil hesitantly moved from yes to no back to yes and again back to no... And then answered something short like "there are powerful beings higher than us", nothing more.
This was very interesting for me but we didn't ask too much further!

Also, there were some things he said he wasn't "allowed" (!) to talk about!
By who? I don't know.
Why? I don't know either.
Apparently there are some kind of "rules" in the spirit world?! I know it sounds odd, but do spirits have "rights" or such!?
Or maybe he just confused the words in his explanation (this did happen from time to time)...

I have no clue about that but I'd love to hear an answer on that if anybody knows?

I'm sorry I cannot remember many more details now (all this happened lots of years ago), but maybe I will in the future when trying to revive my memory.

Please feel free to ask any further questions!

😊❀
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
thanks for your story. Note, no capitals occasionally... My shift keys stick.

You have hit the gold mine of communication as far as I'm concerned, to be in contact with a spirt and hear his history and reasons for being inbetween worlds! Yeahhh shift key works!
I would love to hear the story Cecil has to tell. The questions we want answer to re the spirit world we don't often get answers for, "can you see us" "can you always move things" "can you travel to and from the other realm" " do you have a choice of staying or going" "whats it like over there"...those questions. They never seem to be answered... Do you have those answers?

Love to hear his history if he dosnt mind you sharing with us.

Thanks ❀ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: