You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demon Outside The Door

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Outside The Door

 

I guess I should start out by saying this: I have always believed in the supernatural. As a child I had a friend I called "Angel". My mother believes that this "Angel" was the ghost of my grandmother, who died when I was 9 months old. When I got older, a friend of mine and I were in an old apartment building his father was helping to restore. We had gone to the top floor where the door to the attic was. This door had been locked since before the building had been bought out, and it hadn't been opened in many years. The stories of the haunted apartment building hadn't bothered us until we were on that floor. The doorknob to the attic door began to rattle violently, as if someone was trying to get out. Knowing the door hadn't been unlocked in years my friend and I screamed and ran from the building. Once outside we looked up to the window to see a small child with a bloodied hole in her forehead, and a shadowy figure grab her and drag her away from the window.

As I neared my teens my family and I moved into a 200+ year old house. I never liked this house, there was something dark about it. At night I would hear things coming from my closet, as if something were trapped behind the wall. The cracks under the stairs would glow, but the basement light wasn't on. Footsteps could be heard upstairs when no one was awake or home.

As I reached my teens I began to hear things. Not as often as I did as a child, but often enough. Whispers in the night, footsteps in the hall, voices in the basement. One night my brothers and I took our dog for a walk near our park pavilion. My oldest brother and I could hear voices coming from the woods. I could feel darkness coming from those voices. My step-brother didn't understand why my brother and I wanted to get away so badly. I don't think he ever will.

But none of this will ever measure up to the day I made contact with my first demon.

It was just a few months ago, on the day of my best friends 17th birthday. We'll call her Neko (a nickname from middle school) It was Neko, myself and our two other friends. We'll call them Kori and Trish. We were up in Neko's room for the night, messing around like teenage girls do. Neko turned to me and asked me to do a meditation session with her. Well, I guess you can call it more of a trance or hypnotism if you want. We call it meditation because that is what the girl who did it with me called it (I am a practicing Wiccan/Pagan.) Something wasn't sitting well with me. Every time Neko and I did one of these sessions, something always went wrong. She usually lost consciousness for a few minutes before coming back with little to no recollection of what had happened. But she insisted. So, I grabbed my quartz, said a quick prayer and we got down to it.

Just as I feared, something went wrong again. She told me of the boy she saw every other time we had done this. His name was Dylan, and to put it simply: he was evil. I walked Neko through the process of telling me what she saw, felt and heard. With each passing moment things grew worse. Her breathing grew rapid and I felt her body temperature drop to the point where her hands were clammy and like ice. When it came down to it, she slumped forward into my lap, unconscious. After two minutes of calling her name and trying to get her to wake, she woke. Kori flipped on the lights and we asked her if she was O.K. What she did next surprised us all. She dove for the light switch and flipped it off and ran to the window, gazing out at the snow.

"He's coming." She said. We tried asking her who, but she just kept telling us to be quiet. She laid down on the floor then, stretched out, her arms reaching for the door. We could just see her hands at the edge of the bed, a good three or four feet from the door. That's when the scratching started. At first I thought it was Trish doing it, trying to scare us. But her hands were on top of the blankets that she, Kori and I were under. The scratching continued for nearly five minutes. Trish was in tears, Kori was on the verge of tears, and I had gone on "lockdown", my muscles locked and my fingers curled into the blanket. When the scratching stopped Neko stood and flipped on the lights, looking at us and giving us the most confused look ever. She didn't remember a thing. We told her about it and she told us to stop messing with her.

We weren't.

This was only my first actual run in with the demon we dubbed "Dylan".

Several days later, Trish called me telling me that Neko had done several sessions of "Absent writing".This is where one goes into a trance like state and writes (I have also done this before when trying to meet a spirit guide.) They were horrible things like "Her blood is mine", "She is mine","You can't save her" and other things. I immediately turned to my Goddesses (again I am Wiccan, so if this isn't you're belief, I am sorry) and asked for their guidance. I spoke of how I had found a fire protection spell, and as soon as the words left my mouth, the flame on my candle shot up and stayed nearly six inches tall for around thirty seconds before dulling down again. I took this as my sign. I got my supplies and got a ride out to Neko's house. We were actually staying at another friend (Alexis') house, where we performed the spell.

Before hand, I had my second encounter with Dylan. He was very unhappy that I was there, and I knew in that moment that I was the only one that could protect Neko from him. Why? Because I wasn't scared of him. I had the love and guidance of my Goddesses and I knew what I was doing was right. To show he didn't want me there he attempted to force Neko to cut herself with a pin. I grabbed her hand, successfully getting stabbed in the process. It was after that that we went down to perform the spell. Trish and Alexis stayed outside, in fear that something bad would happen. Neko and I performed the spell on our own and as we sat, waiting for the candles to burn out, Trish and Alexis came back in. We all watched as Trish's breath arched around the outside of our circle, as if it had run into an invisible wall.

It has been over six months since I cast that spell, and I know that Neko is protected. Using my Spirit Board (Not a Quija board) we learned that she has several very powerful deities watching over her and protecting her now. That, and the protection spell has worked. Dylan's activities have died down, but Neko tells me he is still there. I know he is. I can feel him when I am with her. And I doubt we'll ever be fully rid of him, but for now, I can only hope for the best and try to find a way to protect her better.

Thanks for your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LunaDarkmist1339, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Teffy88 (10 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-11-30)
Any updates? Are you still messing around with these types of things?

Hope all is well.

-Teffy
Tamzinite (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
Daniel how can you trash someone's beliefs I don't have Faith in religion of any kind but I respect those that do. Who's to say someone's beliefs are less important then your own
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Daniel - you were offered advice on your story. Please don't go to someone else's story and trash talk it. You believe what happened to you. Why is it not possible that this person believed what happened to them? I truly do not want to see this from you again, okay? I will delete your comment.
Daniel662 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Can someone take this bs down? You honestly expect anyone to believe this? The only demon in this story is you... Your "goddesses" are fake and stupid foul the real religion... Someone take this crap down...
torn_prince (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
Hello LunaDarkmist1339! I love your story of how you tried to protect Neko from an evil entity through Wiccan practices. I too am interested in Wiccan beliefs. I hope to hear from you soon.
vogysgirl (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Wow, what an intense thing to happen. I hope things are still calmed. Any ideas on how to fully rid your friend of this Dylan?
bri_bewitched (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
i agree with bacchaegirl, if it turns out bad, why keep messing around with it? And it does sound like it could be fake, but I do believe that it could have happened. I do see ghosts myself, so that is probably what leads me to believe it.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Nope. I still don't believe you. It may be the way you wrote it but I commend you for trying to make me a believer. I won't though.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
LunaDarkmist1339,

Hello and welcome, I'm glad you returned to make a comment... Now I wish to ask a couple of questions...

1) What makes you think 'Dylan' is a Demon? There are many, many Spirits / Entities that will try and make you think they are so that they have 'power' over you and this 'Dylan' if your telling us everything that has happened then it does not sound, or 'feel' demonic in any manner to me.

2) A fire protection spell? While I respect that your a Wiccan, are you sure that was the right 'spell' to use? You say your Goddesses directed you to use it and that the 'fire protection spell' is holding and 'Dylan's' activities have died down, but you can still fell his presence so I'm not so sure that was your 'best option'.

Here, try this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I refer mostly to the last paragraph in this Ritual, about the personal shields... But it wouldn't hurt to 'cleans' the home you preformed your 'contact' in.

Please keep us updated...

Respectfully,

Rook
LunaDarkmist1339 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
redphx, Lilady4, weather you believe me or not is your choice. But this really happened and it was very frightening. To be completely honest I wouldn't make something like this up, especially when the life of one of my friends was in jeopardy. But like I said, you don't have to believe it if you don't want to. I know what's true and what's not. I was there and I will forever have that memory with me.

Bacchaegrl, the spell has held and things have calmed down, though there still seems to be some activity, it isn't as bad as it once was. Though we still experiment with the paranormal, we take more precautions now. And since then I have refused to allow her to enter a trance, not that she has asked at all.
) O (~Luna
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
redphx, that's what I was thinking. I was confused by the whole story and I actually thought that this story could've come directly from a horror movie. To the author: can you come on here and defend yourself? I'm thinking that you won't.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
What kind of gratification do you get by making up stories. This is not a creative writing sight and you need to take your BS some place else.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Why do you mess with this stuff if it always turns out poorly? It's good that you seemed to cast some sort of protection spell. I hope that holds. But it seems like you guys have bitten off more than you can chew. I wouldn't mess with such things if it gets that out of control. Maybe you shouldn't humor your friend when she wants to go into a trance. Seems like nothing good can come of it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: