You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark Room's Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Room's Spirit

 

This experience happened in my Auntie Robyn and her husband, my Uncle Tommy's house. The house is a VERY old farmhouse, she tells me it's over 100 years old. The house has belonged to my Uncle's family (He married into my family) for two generations, his mother and father owned it first, then when he got married, he inherited the house. His father died when he was young, I'm not sure how old, since he doesn't talk about it.

Tommy's father, Anthony, was an amazing photographer. He developed all his photos in his home, his 'Dark Room' is located in the basement. Now a days the 'Dark Room' only has my Aunt and Uncle's junk in it.

Now to my encounter. So every summer my younger brother and I go spend a week at my Aunt's house. She doesn't have a guest room, but half of her basement is finished, so we sleep on our inflatable mattress. Since I'm 14, my Aunt and Uncle decided one night to go out for a couple of drinks, leaving me to watch my younger brother, and just keep an eye on their sleeping children (Age 4 and 2, then).

So that night I watched a movie with my younger brother, like any other night, and then he fell asleep on the recliner he was sitting on. It was almost midnight, so I logged onto Facebook and chatted with my friend, who I knew would be up. We talked for about and hour and a half before my Aunt and Uncle returned home. They returned home at about 12:45 in the morning, with McDonald's as a present for waiting up and keeping an eye on things. By 1:15 am, we had all said goodnight, and agreed to let Carson stay asleep on the recliner in the living room. I went down to the basement and turned on the TV. I watched TV until like 2. I then decided to fall asleep, not even 10 minutes went by before I heard,

"Kendyl" whispered clear as day in my ear.

I know it wasn't anyone in the house, because I did not hear ANYONE come down the stairs, and the stairs are noisy.

I told my aunt about my story, and she said that she's also heard her name whispered in her ear, she said that her kids were out at her Mother-in-law's apartment, which is right outside the house. And that Tommy was at work, she was resting in her room, and just like I did hear "Robyn" in her ear.

I personally think that it was the spirit of Anthony, who died of a heart attack, (I'm not sure if it was in the house, when he died). And since my encounter was right across the room from the 'Dark Room', I really thought it was him. The weirdest fact is, neither my Aunt or myself ever met Anthony, but both of our name's are frequently said in the house, her's since she runs a day care and is referred to as 'Miss Robyn', and both of my younger cousins adore my brother and I, our names also are used a lot.

Besides my Aunt, all of my other family members make fun of me for this, besides my Aunt, only one other adult believes me, and that's my Uncle's friend Steve. The day after, he reassured me, saying, "It was probably Tommy's father. Don't worry about it."

This is the only experience I've had in this house, and in a couple of weeks, I'm going to stay for a week or so, so I plan on trying to talk to 'Anthony' with my EVP recorder.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KendylB97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
great story kendylB97 thanks for sharing.
I hope your evp sesion works out and you do get something.
Sounds like paratam has sone good advice too 😊

Hope you get to add another post after trying the evp.
Carl
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
KendylB97 -
Thanks so much for sharing your story. As a paranormal investigator, I'm glad to hear that you are going to validate your personal experiences with evidence on a recorder. If you have a camera (any camera will do), you could also take pictures during your EVP session. Just make sure when you listen to your EVPs that you negate the sound of the camera flash. You could also journalize your experiences and those of your aunt, including date, time and conditions. If there is some kind of pattern, research with family members may further validate the experiences as a day and time that was significant to Anthony.

Blessings!
ParaTam
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Good story here, KendylB97. Like the other posters have already said, good on you for not freaking out. I do agree with you about stairs being noisy 😆.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
I'm glad you feel comfortable in the house still and the experience hasn't scared you away from staying over at you aunt's. Maybe when you conduct you EVP session you should tell Anthony how much you like his photos, since it was probably an important part of his life?

Let us know if you have any other experiences this summer. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
KendylB97,
Good for you for not freaking out. I'm glad you are looking at this as a positive experience. I hope you do get some EVPs.

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: