You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Workplace Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Workplace Experience

 

I work at a rehab center which used to be a nursing home. It still feels like a nursing home though since most of our patients are elderly. I have been here for only 4 months and in that 4 months I have multiple experience already. Like tapping on the wall, whisperings, seeing something/someone/shadow out of the corner of my eye when no one else is around. I really didn't think much of it for it could have been something else but I have this 2 particular experiences that I believe are paranormal.

My office is located on the other end of the building. It used to be a resident's room so it has a bathroom in it. A few days after I started here, I started hearing footsteps in the bathroom, toilet flushing, water running. I have called maintenance several times to check on the toilet and faucets but they are not finding anything wrong with them. I have gotten used to it but on the days that I am swamped and my temper is up there, it gets annoying so I would yell towards the bathroom "please! Not today". And I wouldn't hear anything for that whole day. Thank God no one has seen/heard me do it yet, otherwise they would think I was crazy!

Another thing with that bathroom is the batteries on the smoke detector don't seem to last long. Maintenance has to change them every 2 weeks when all the other detector's would last about 6 months.

Another experience is, I was in the medical records room on the other end of the building. This room is very humid, it feels like you're in a sauna when you're in there. I would spend about 2 hours a day 3 times a week in there reviewing 2009 medical records before we send it to an off-site storage never experienced anything there until last Thursday. I came across my friend's dad's medical records. He passed away earlier this year. My friend didn't really talk much about her dad's illness. All we knew was he had some type of cancer. I felt uneasy reading his medical records. I feel like I was violating their privacy but I had to do my job.

Right after I closed his records, I saw this shadow pass by so I turned around expecting to see someone but no one is there. I looked outside and no one is there so I just shrugged it off and went back to work. I kept seeing the shadow but every time I turned around no one was there so I just ignored it. I just wanted to finish what I was doing so I can get the heck out. It was pretty hot and I was sweating like crazy when all of sudden I felt a cold sensation on my shoulder, it made me jump. I felt it again on my left shoulder this time. It freaked me out so I decided I was done for the day, I fixed the records and left. When I was leaving, I passed by a cold spot by the door.

Could it be my friend's dad?

Other hauntings by smartwater

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smartwater, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IrishGuy (30 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Spooky story smartwater. Spirits are known to drain batteries so its possible the entity in the bathroom is draining the batteries and feeding off the energy. Stay safe Pinay!
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
[at] ghostGuy, Dan_Paranormal, taz890 thanks for the insights and for reading my story;) I will try to write more soon;)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
interesting story smartwater thanks for sharing.

I am not surprised your having experiences there with it being an old nursing home then sadly some of the past residents will have passed away there.
And seeing as that was home to them it they are still going through normal daily things ~ loo flushing and such.

And it could have been your friends dad what with you reading his records and thinking about him and your friend could have brought him forward.
Looking forward to your next post
Carl
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
Your smoke alarm issue with the batteries running out quickly could be due to a charged electromagnetic atmosphere around the area. This could also be what's effecting your bathroom, however that seems to me to be more spiritual than atmospheric. This change in atmosphere could be linked to the paranormal incidents that occur. Either way a lot of the time in places of paranormal activity there tends to be an elctromagnetically charged atmosphere which can do some explaining as to why so many paranormal incidents happen around bodies of water.

Thanks for sharing your story.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
It sounds like a classic shadow person. They like big buildings when possible and aren't too much of a problem other than being an annoyance.
A one time "leave me alone" isn't going to work too well. Persistence will eventually move the entity along. It also may take a few days or weeks to get a ghost to leave but don't ever bargain or make deals with them which can prolong their stay in the physical world longer than necessary.
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
brenttan & metalmomma3, I'll try to post my encounter from last week soon;)

Moongrim, maintenance had change it a couple times already for we could get cited once state walks in but batteries still last only for 2 weeks, sometimes up to a month if we get lucky;)
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
As to the smoke detector- it's a bad one, a short somewhere no doubt. Replace it. If it continues to be a problem after being replaced, then you'll have more ghostly ammo.
metalmomma3 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Thanks for sharing your story. You hear a lot of those types of places having activity. Looking forward to reading more of your encounters!
brenttan (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Thanks for sharing your interesting account of your experiences, smartwater. Looking forward to more.
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
hello bacchaegrl...

Yes, my friend's dad died here but like you said it may be just a coincidence also;) actually I only learned to stick up for myself after I joined here, I used to be really scared but after reading stories and comments on here I learned a lot so thanks to this site ❤

I did have another experience last week and I'm pretty sure I'll have more, I will try to post it soon;)
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Sounds like a pretty creepy, but interesting place to work. I suppose it could be your friend's dad if he died in that place. But really, it could be anyone, couldn't it? Since there has been a lot of deaths in that location. It may just be a coincidence. I'm glad you stick up for yourself when you get annoyed. You're showing the spirit or what ever who's boss. Good job being aggressive. Please let us know if you have any further experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: