You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Green Flash

Real Ghost Stories

Green Flash

 

On Monday this week I woke up at 3.12am and couldn't get back to sleep. I lay awake for a while and think I was just on the verge of falling asleep when I heard the sound of what I describe like a camera shutter. There was a green flash (the green colour was like the colour you see on the news when they show footage of soldiers on night duty) towards the right corner of my room just above the height of the bed and another camera sound and another green flash in my door way. These sounds and flashes were in quick succession. I then felt someone pinch the skin on the first finger of my right hand. The skin was pinched between the first and second knuckles - and not gently either. I was so scared, I tried to scream but I couldn't. I am 50 this year and I have never experienced anything like this before.

I have told people about my experience and have had the usual comments "Are you on drugs"? "It must have been something you ate - what did you have for dinner"? I collect vintage clothing and have pieces from 1850s. Someone has suggested this could be the reason, though I have been collecting for years and have not bought anything for about 6 months. I also have some interesting astrological aspects at the moment including transiting Jupiter making an exact conjunction with my ascendant, and 1 degree off having transiting Jupiter trine my natal Pluto.

If someone could please confirm my experience that it was likely to be a ghost that would be great. Because I could not scream does this mean that I was dreaming? I know I heard the shutter sound, saw the lights and definitely felt the pinch.

Many thanks

Janet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janetmbau, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

txmama (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
I can empathize. When I was a teenager, living back home in our 100 year old house, I had a similar experience. A few times, I was levitated above my bed. When I tried to scream for my mother, no sound would come out of my mouth. When I would try to break free, my body would barely move. It was terrifying. When I would go back home from college, I wouldn't sleep in my room!
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Are you sure no one was in your room at the time? It sounds like someone taking pictures with a night vision camera. Which to me would not be paranormal but definitely creepy and scary? 😕 To think someone could have broke into take pictures of you while you slept... Eeeesh

I have been so scared before that I could not scream or stop shaking. Maybe you were just SO scared you couldn't function...?...

One time a squirrel came in through my open window during a major storm in the middle of the night. I wasn't aware that it had come in and awoken to huge bangs and un humanly screams on the main level of my old home. I was so freighted to what was going on my hole body couldn't process anything. It ended up being the squirrel that was trying to get away from my dog and screaming when it got caught. I wish I would have known this before I called the cops for help... Lol I thought someone had broken into my house and was raiding the place. I was so scared for my life I just shut down. MAN I felt soooooooooo silly when it was just a poor stupid squirrel.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Janetmbau,
You stated at the end that you could not scream. Can you elaborate on this please? Were you able to move? Or were you scared stiff, as they say, so you couldn't move?
Thank you

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: