You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I'm Glad You're Happy

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Glad You're Happy

 

Four months ago I had my cat of eighteen years put to sleep. I had prayed and prayed for a sign that he was okay now. And yesterday, my prayer was answered.

I have a new little kitten named Pursey and because I have a dog who doesn't really like cats, Pursey is not aloud to go down stairs. Anyway it was about 12:30 at night and I was half asleep- half awake and all of a sudden I heard what sounded like Pursey meow, but really loudly. Then I relized it was coming from down stairs. I got scared thinking that the dog had hurt him or something and I was just about to get up when I saw Pursey, fast asleep next to me. I didn't think anything of it and went to sleep.

Now, I know this website isn't for dreams but this was a paranormal dream.

In my dream I was in a huge park with my mom. Then my cat Stanley (the one who passed away) appeared in front of me. When I told my mom that Stanley was right there she said "Pet him, See what will happen." I didn't really want to but I did anyway and I could feel his fur in my hands. Then in my head I got a message that said "I'm glad your happy with Pursey." Then I woke up.

After Stanley died, I would wake up and see thinks out of the corner of my eye but this time when I woke up, I saw nothing and I had a really peaceful feeling.

Also, a couple days ago I was about to go out for a walk with my mom so I was waiting outside for her. As I was looking around my garden and I saw what looked like a cat head pop out from the flowers, but it wasn't a cat. How do I know? For one, it didn't have any eye, or a nose, and it didn't feel alive to me. Then for the whole walk I felt something watching us, but every time I would turn around, it would hide.

Is this the type of sign someone would get? Please feel free to ask questions, I'm open to anything! Thanks!

Other hauntings by ghost28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghost28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghost28 (3 stories) (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
Hi guys. I am A.A but I deleted the account because I never came on. My cat and dog are the bestest friends in the whole world now! They love each other!
AnimalAngels (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Im very sorry if you thought I was being rude, I wasn't trying to be. I see what your saying now and I will do my best to make him a happy cat. I was just a little upset because you didn't say anything about my story that's all. Hope all is forgiven.

❤,

AA
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
12 weeks isn't to small to go outside as long as your around to keep an eye out. Plus because he/she is so young he/she will stay close to you. Its also easier to teach them boundaries at a younger age.

Sorry for "spamming" lol I believe I did mention that I knew you weren't here about your cat and dog.

Your return comment was a little rude. If you don't want the advise just leave it. I was being 100% sincere in giving it. 😐
AnimalAngels (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
[at] MissyM

Thank you but its my kitten and he's to young to go outside right now. He's only 12 weeks old, he can't fend for him self yet. He and my dog are getting better with each other, but thanks for the advise.

Oh btw: Your spamming because your comment has nothing to do with my story.



❤,

AA
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Hi AnimalAngels,

I know you didn't come here about your new kitty and dog but to make the dog get used to the kitten faster you should actually let them roam around together. The kitten has claws and can very well defend itself from the dog. Just make sure you let your dog know that he/she is NOT aloud to harm the kitten. They will get used to eachother really fast.

Iv worked as a Vet Assistant and Bread Sibes, Basenjis', and Shetland Sheep Dogs throughout my just shy of 30 years. Throughout this time we have always had cats aswell. I recently just got a new kitten. My Basenji and Kitten faught for a day or so (which I was more afraid the of the Dog getting its eyes scratched out then the kitten at all) and now they love each other. My Basenji actually carries the kitten by the neck everywhere (this doesn't hurt the kitten and if it did she wouldn't let it happen. The kitten actually comes back for more doggy loven...lol)

If you are uneasy about letting the cat and dog have it out another way is to put then in opposite room where there is only a door in between them to sniff each other.

I also live in a highly coyote infested area (little town called Greely just outside Ottawa South) which I have come face to face with one trying to get my elderly Sheltie (who has passed away about a year from old age)...

See below news feeds:

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2009/08/25/ottawa-coyote.html

Posted in Ottawa Citizen July 9 2011
In Ottawa, its estimated coyotes have killed hundreds of farm animals and pets in the past few years alone, and in the city's south end coyotes ransacking garbage bins is an increasingly common sight. Local coyote hunting contests have sprung up, but have been met with protests from animal rights activists, who have even threatened legal action against the organizers.

This hasn't stopped us from letting the cat and dogs outside. Animals need to be able to run and get exercise outside. It just makes us more cautious. We make sure we are always outside with them. Doing this we haven't lost any of our loved pets.
However, my mother lives 5 minute down the road and let's her cat roam in and out of the house freely. Her cat has always been okay. Cats have great defenses mechanisms to get away from predators. I'm not saying they can't get caught but she's more scared of the fishers getting her cat then the coyotes. All in all its fine to have a indoor cat but if you are able to its much nicer for them out then in.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
AnimalAngels: A very touching story you have written for us here, Sorry for the loss of Stanley he is in a better place now and I do believe he wanted to give you that message and to see you again to put your mind at ease. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
It is really hard to lose a pet. I went through the same thing with the cat I had for 15 years. I will always miss her. I am so sorry for your loss.

I really enjoyed your beautiful story. I hope this validation will help bring you happiness and help you through.

brenttan (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
I too, think it is your cat, A.A. Thanks for sharing the lovely experience. It is touching and heartwarming to know that animals care that we worry about them and want to put our hearts at ease... Love and peace...
AnimalAngels (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
😁 I am touched that people I don't even know are standing up for me!
Caz- My cat is just a little kitten and we have lots of coyotes around and I do love my dog.
DA- Thank you, I never thought of it. We do have a barn around the conner with cats so that's 100% possible.
Everyone else- Thank you for your kind words and opinions. It makes me feel good that most of you do think its my cat. Thank you!

❤,

AA
johntravis28 (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
*High fives DA*

Ngute80 the reason I responded that way was because this person came on this site to have her experience discussed and maybe get some help from people with similar experiences. Not to have her spelling criticised. But speaking of which - "Why are you soo mad." There is only one O in "so" and this is phrased as a question but is without a question mark.

Anyway let's not draw the conversation away from the topic at hand
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Okay ngute80, have a spoonful of your own medicine.

"I think you should care if you spell things correctly or not."

The correct way to say that would be 'I think you should care whether or not you spell things correctly.'

"I mean if you want to be taken seriously"

That is an incomplete sentence. Where is your comma after 'I mean'? And the period at the end of the sentence? Just sayin'.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. I know how it feels and it is like losing a family member.

However well-intentioned, I think the grammar nazis need to stop. The only time it is really okay is if it is to point out the flaws someone else makes while they are criticizing others from their high horse. Aside from that, the mods do make edits to some of these stories before they get posted. I know that because there were minor revisions made to the grammar in some of my stories. If you want to blame anyone, blame the person that edited the story for leaving it that way, but in the end I do not think it really matters. Unless someone's writing is so terrible that we cannot understand them, leave it alone already. Worry about yourself before you try to make everyone else feel ashamed for not being perfect.

This comment from ngute80 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
AnimalAngels, I am so sorry for the loss of your pet. I know it's very hard when they pass away because they become your family and you love them just as much. I think that it is that love that brings them back in a way to show you they are ok.

Indigo, very nicely put. That is 100% true gold. 😊
Indigo (263 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
I'm of the belief that your cat is watching over you, but either doesn't have the energy to fully form in plain sight, or you just can't fully see the apparition of him. It takes more energy for him to come in such a manner for you to see him, especially in broad daylight and you fully awake.

As for the spelling nazi~young souls tend to criticize and belittle others. They simply haven't learned the way of life yet. Never apologize for DISabilities, focus only on ABILITIES. There are really no such thing as a disability when you think about it anyway. There are only CAPabilities. Some of us are lacking in the capability to show respect and kindness to others. It is our responsibility to simply allow their souls to mature while we show them love and kindness.;-).
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Caz,

If one understands Cats and provides the right stimulation for them they can thrive as 'in-door' cats... Please follow the link and note the ages of my cats when they passed... Spot is still around and pushing 13... She now has two younger cats in the house as well... 8 months (Mythrill...female...plays fetch and is 'leash' trained) and 3.5 months (Mayhem...male... Great playmate for Mythrill)...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10743

Respectfully,

Rook

This comment from Caz is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Moongrim ~ Was there really a point to you picking on one spelling typo the author made? Lame!

Caz ~ not all cats have to go outside, there are litter trays, cat toys and all sorts of things to keep a cat amused and happy whilst inside, and animals can and do adjust to each other in time.

Animal Angels ~ I think it sounds lovely that your older cat is watching over you and wants you to be happy with persey, and I would say you are right about him wishing you well as my cat is putting her paw on my keyboard as if to say "it's true!" I hope your dof;earns to love the new addition soon! 😊

This comment from Caz is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

johntravis28 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Ah I see the spelling Nazis are back.

Ngute, speaking of spelling and grammar if you are so wise can you show me where in the dictionary Uuummm is... If you want to be take seriously!

As for the story, I'm sorry but I don't see anything paranormal. The meow you heard could have been an outside cat, and that reminded you of your dead cat which caused the dream.
AnimalAngels (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Thank you Taz for the nice comment 😁! I love that people love my stories lol! Also if people could NOT judge my spelling, I have a learning disability so really what your saying is I'm dumb! But thanks again for all the nice comments and I hope to read more of them soon!

❤,

AA
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
animalangels sweet story thanks for adding 😊
Have said this so many times before but I love these kind of stories.

Yes I do think that pets hang around their loved ones after passing and will let you know somehow taht they are ok.

As forthe thing in the garden no idea what so ever but the way things have been going lately on here don't be surprised if you see "it was a demon" in a comment or 2 let's just say " ok what ever!" to them before they pop up lol.

[at] moongrim are you an english teacher? Are you this posters personal tutor? No! Then leave it out will you, it is not needed, wanted or in anyway related to the post.

This comment from ngute80 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
AnimalAngels: Nice story!...I know how much pets become a part of our lives and family... I agree with JC 😊
AnimalAngels (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
[at] Moongrim
Ya, I do, but I don't really care! Thanks though!

❤,
AA
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
You do know the difference between Your and You're, don't you?
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
I'm sorry to hear about your cat having to be put to sleep. Pets always become part of the family no matter what anyone else says.

It does sound like he is watching over you and wanting to make sure you are getting along fine and enjoying life.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: