You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dead Twin Brother

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Twin Brother

 

When I was born, I was born a fraternal twin meaning one being a guy the other a girl. My brother, Kevin, was born with left heart syndrome. Meaning the left side of his heart was never properly formed or something like that. On the night we were born we refused to sleep in different bassinets, I knew something was wrong with him so I wouldn't leave his side. No other little ones had died around then, so the doctors couldn't replace his heart. They had him on medicine and were going to operate somehow. He seemed to be doing better, so they took him off a little bit of the medicine. He got sick to fast and he died. Kevin only lived fourteen days in total.

Anyway, I was about five. For some reason I was the only one in the house at the time. I think my parents were on the porch. I was sitting at the kitchen table, getting ready to go outside when I heard my name. I turned all around trying to find out who said my name. I had five older siblings then, so I thought it was one of them. I was a smart mouth, always have been always will be, and said "Show yourself. Bubby? Sissy?" I called gettting really, really scared.

All of a sudden I turned around and saw a blonde boy with big green eyes dressed all in white. I thought he was my age. Thinking back to the memory his hair was turning brown just like mine. He vanished. For some reason I've always thought boy was my dead twin.

Sometimes when I get real upset I see that boy, only as I got older so has he. I'm thirteen now and the boy is thirteen too. I can guarentee you he is my brother and my gaurdian angel. Because when I get down, or upset, or in trouble, he is always there. I love him and I swear he will probably and always will follow me around my whole life.

All I really know is I'm special and always protected. Apparently, my brother never really died. I told my parents and they agree he is my gaurdian angel. What do you think?

Other hauntings by Shayneigh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shayneigh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
very nice and well naratted and touching story God bless dear I am so sure its your twin bro who is guiding you always...:)
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Shayneigh

This is a wonderful story and I'm sure it will bring comfort to others who have lost loved ones, particularly a twin. It's always comforting to get signs from those who have passed that they are still watching over us.

For a 13 year old, you write very nicely and in my opinion you came to all the right conclusions all by yourself. To me it doesn't matter if you call your twin your guardian angel or guide or whatever. At your age, the terminology probably has no meaning for you in any case.

It's nice that your mum told you about how close you two were at birth so that you have the whole story from the beginning.

As long as you continue to believe in him and find comfort in his presence, he will continue to be there for you.

I very much look forward to you coming back to update us on any future experiences involving your twin.

Demoncat1994 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
If something like that happen, I would say your twin brother is your guardian angel. 😊
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Shayneigh -
Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm so sorry about your brother. I can sympathize with you to an extent as my younger daughter, Carol, was also a twin - I miscarried her brother, Caiden.

If you want to know more about your brother, try to talk with him sometime when you are alone. Be patient. He may not immediately have the right energy to communicate with you the way you would anticipate.

When Carol was younger, I used to think about ther twin and wonder what he would be like if he'd lived. I had never told Carol about the miscarriage. Then one day four years ago, she saw the spirit of a young man in our home, who she said looked a lot like my family. Carol knew she had never actually see this young man before, but said he looked like someone she had known all her life. Cade in his spirit form connected with my daughter a few days later when she was communicating with another spirit in our house using her divining rods. He told her who he was, and she burst into my room at 11:30 at night to ask about being a twin and tell me about connecting with Cade. They first communicated with Carol's divining rods, then she started hearing his words, then could communicate with him telpathically. As with your brother, Cade appears to age at the same rate as my daughter. Cade is also a protector of Carol and her sister. Cade has been with Carol ever since that first day, and she's almost 17.

Blessings to you!
ParaTam 😁
youraprilgirl (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Thanks Shayneigh. Not only do I have fraternal twins (just to clarify, fraternal twins means that they came from separate sperm/egg, not necessarily that one's a boy and one's a girl) who also couldn't stand to sleep without each other, but I also lost a baby at birth and often wonder if he is still among us. I think that if there are ghosts out there, and they can visit us, there is no reason why they can't display themselves at an age that is going to make sense to the people they are visiting.
buttercup4 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
I have twin boys... They are fraternal, and they didn't want to be separated from day one, either. I can't imagine how hard it was for your parents to lose one of you. That was my worst fear for my boys. I can't imagine the two of them apart now. I do know that they are very connected to one another (much more so than any of my children are to one another), and I would like to think that if something did happen to one of them he would continue to watch out for his brother the way they do now.

If he gives you comfort I hope he stays with you always.
Shaw (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
nice story 😜 he is your brother I am sure about that. I will suggest you to try communicating with him ❤ with ouija board or just by talking alone somewhere, calling him etc... Thanks for sharing ❤
Terror1993 (1 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
I think this is a very nice story. It is very special to know that not even death can separate the bond between siblings.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Spirits can project themselves in any form they wish. I believe that is why, when we see spirits, we either see them with or without the injuries that caused their death. Sometimes they have faces, sometimes they do not. Sometimes the details are obscured based on how they viewed themselves. What we see is a projection of how the spirit viewed themself, almost like a reflection. I think it is very possible that your brother is your guardian spirit.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
I agree with johntravis28. I believe whole heartedly that the boy you are seeing is your twin. There are a couple of cases in which people who have lost their twin experience the same thing as you.

A spirit is but energy right? So I don't see why it can't take on any form or age it wants.
I also believe what johntravis said about spirits appearing at a younger age because I experienced that myself. When my grandfather passed away, I had the honor of seeing him younger and looking healthier than he did when he passed away.

Thank you for sharing this with us Shayneigh, and I am very sorry for your loss. ❤
johntravis28 (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
My presumption would be that she was told by her parents that she wouldn't sleep in a different bassinet.

As regards the ageing spirit, my understanding is that spirits aren't bound to specific form. He may have appeared to her at her age to let her guess who he was. Just like a lot of people claim to have seen their grandparents spirit, but as they were when in their 20s.

I thought it was a nice story. And unusually for this site recently, very well written for a 13 year old!
KyraV (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Hiw did you know that you refused to sleep in a different bassinet? 😕

-->I'm sorry for what happened to your Twin Brother. And I'm happy to know that he's guiding you everyday... 😊
ngute80 (220 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
I agree with JustCurious. I believe humans can not become angels. Angels are completely different beings made by God.
CoverD (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
I think this is a great story, I think that it is possible for it to be your twin brother as a guardian angel. I have never hear of a spirit aging but that is very interesting.

And even if it isn't your brother, at least the spirit seems to be able to console you. 😁

This comment from Moongrim is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
I just want to ask. When you were born was that all from memory or what your parents have told you?

Reason why I am asking is because when we are born, our memory portion of the brain hasnt developed completely, so though we are alive, we arent able to remember things as easily as later in life when the memory area is more developed.

Though I will say there are people with extraordinary memory and can remember things from early on.

Also, I am not trying to be a downer or anything, but from what I have read, a human soul can not become an angel. Angels are different beings created by God and human souls cannot become Angels. But everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your brother, and I am happy to hear that he is there and watching over you.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: