You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dead Grandfather Visited Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Grandfather Visited Me

 

This story takes place after my grandfather had passed away from stomach cancer in 2004. To be honest he wasn't my biological grandfather, but he took care of me like one.

It was years since his death and I was visiting my grandmother. I always felt as if I was being watched, but I was too scared to look behind me and when I did there was no one there. My grandmother has a dog, but he never noticed anything.

I was sleeping on a bed that was placed on the same spot where my grandfather died (they threw out the old bed cause it got stained). I was woken by something heavy on my left side. It felt as if someone was sitting next to me, but not on me. I think it knew that I was there and was carefully sitting on the edge of the bed so it wouldn't hurt me. I felt it was an elder person. Any how I didn't move I just lay there pretending to sleep. I did feel slight electricity chills running through the place that was touching that something sitting next to me.

I know that it wasn't my grandma because she was sleeping and the dog isn't allowed to be on beds. Well the person that was sitting next to me slowly faded away and I couldn't feel it anymore.

Do you think it was my grandfather looking after me while I was sleeping, or was it a residual haunting and it had no idea that I was there?

Thank you for reading.

I will be waiting for your comments.

Other hauntings by lillithx33

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lillithx33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Demoncat1994 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
I would say it was your grandfather watching over you while you were a sleep. I know. I had a similar experience when I was younger with my uncle who died when I was a baby.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
[at] shawtyz-musicholic - My Grandfather died at the exact same spot where I was sleeping. When you feel these things you know when it's someone close to you and not some random spirit. I believe it was him and I will keep believing, you can judge as you want.
Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
that doesn't mean it was your GRANDFATHER... But... It can be. No one can be sure about that whether it was your grandfather or any other spirit 😕
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
As someone how has also been comforted my her grandfather after his death, I would like to think that yes it was your grandfather. ❤
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Indigo. I don't really remember how I felt but I didn't feel fear. I did feel like it was my grandfather because well I didn't feel threatened by it more like I was being watched over. Before this happening another strange thing happened.
When me and my cousin were playing in the room where my grandfather died my grandma called us asking if we change the clock one hour forward. We said we didn't in fact I didn't even know that it was time to change clocks and no one has came into the room that was next to the room we were playing in. So I think my grandfather is still there and it didn't leave us.
Now that I remember when I felt him sitting next to me I said to myself "i forgive you" because I thought that he was sorry because I didn't have the chance to tell him my last goodbye. I do miss him he was a great man.
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
How did you feel? Lol, that's the simplest way to identify a visitor. Did YOU feel it was your grandfather? Usually visitaitions aren't only visual, they include every sensory organ we have, and more. You seem as though you knew it was your grandfather, showed no fear, no real surprise, shock or horror, and in fact, you sound comforted by the visitor. I think that only you can answer this question and you already know the answer.:-).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: