You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unusual Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Unusual Happenings

 

I have had many experiences dealing with the paranormal, but there's just one that makes me scratch my head. The trailer park I live in used to be an old dairy farm. I haven't been able to find much information about the farm or the owners or happenings on the property.

Starting from the age of six I began seeing an older gentleman, he's balding and always wears overalls. He always has a welcoming smile on his face. The first time I saw him he stood in the doorway of my bedroom, he was messing with something in his hands, almost like he was cleaning something off. I had shut my eyes, because from that point I was only used to seeing my grandmother's spirit, who died in the same trailer I lived in. Once I opened them he had gone away. Over the years I've seen him regularly, he's always doing something, and I can never quite tell what it is.

When I was 10 my nephew and I wear digging against our driveway and found a stone that had some words etched into it. It was a gravestone, so I believe that maybe this farm had a family cemetery on the property. I've never dug down or around the area anymore either, because that is very disrespectful to me.

Recently, a few weeks ago, it was 10:00 at night, I was just about to sit down on the couch when a human sized blob ran across our yard, I could clearly see the outline of legs but nothing else, it almost seemed to be running. I went outside to see if it was maybe a neighbour or even a deer, which sometimes cross our yard. I have yet to see it again, but I'm still curious about it, because I'm debating if it might be apart previous experiences or if it's something completely new.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BelieverInTheUnknown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Its great (like what taz890 said) to see a 10 year old having respect for a possible grave site. One thing I am curious though is do you remember what words were etched into it since you said you dug down and saw some words?

Peace
JustCurious
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
have to agree with bacchaegrl, it does sound like this gent is a residual haunting as you say he is always doing the same thing with his hands but you can never work out what it is.

Nice to see a 10 year old had respect for the (possible) grave site enough to leave it alone.

As for the running blob sounds freeky but othan than that can't help, I do hope it was not to frightening for you though.
Thanks for sharing
Carl
bri_bewitched (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
i agree with bacchaegrl... It is weird... Especially due to the fact that you found a gravestone... I would actually love to have been there considering I am obsessed with paranormal stuff and I have had my fair share of experiences...
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
That's quite a mystery. Sounds like a residual haunting, regarding the old man. I'd also be very curious as to what he was doing. Something farm related I'm sure. Do you always see him in the same place? I wonder what caused that particular incident to be imprinted on the environment.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: