You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Growing Up With Ghosts In Bothell, Wa.

Real Ghost Stories

Growing Up With Ghosts In Bothell, Wa.

 

My parents bought the house I grew up in the mid or late eighties. It was a split level bulit in 1966, located in Bothell, Wa. According to my parents, when I was nine monthes old, I screamed at the top of my lungs. After my parents arrived to see what was wrong, they said I kept looking out the window at something, even though there was nothing at two stories up to be found.

When I was nine or so, I walked down the hallway to go the living room straight ahead, when a lady wearing all black from head to toe appeared and decided that's where she was headed too. I pressed myself up against the wall and watched silently as she walked by. She never made a sound either. She was wearing a black hat with a short veil covering her face, black dress, tights and heels.

And speaking of ghostly ladies, when my younger brother was little, he told us he saw a girl wearing a blue dress torn at the bottom float from either his room or the hallway and into the kictchen. He said she made never any sound either. He grabbed one of his toys to wack her with, while peeking around the corner with the widest eyes he'd ever had until that point, never saw her again.

While I was still young, during one night I saw what my parents told me was a "Rod", it was silent, floating back and forth, about the size of a thin, very, very short tube. It was white in color and floated near the ceiling, I watched it until I fell alseep.

I saw two shadow people once. The first time was when I was in the living room with my mom watching tv when I happened to look towards the the hallway and saw a the black shape of a man. No details only the shape, about averge height and slim. I looked away and then back, it was gone. The second time was in our basement. There were books piled everywhere, and the figure I saw ducked behind a chair with crates stacked on top of it. This figure was also all black with no details.

Another time, when my dad took my brother out for a while, my mom and I stayed home. A while after they had left, we heard car doors slam, footsteps coming up the porch, the metel grating and door being unlocked, and running up the stairs. We came towards the landing expecting to see my dad and brother home, but instead we found No one! The actual people came home later.

Once while my mom was sleeping on the couch in the living room, she felt a overwelming fear. When she turned around to face the room, she saw a lady standing by the couch, looking as real as a living person only she wasn't. She was dressed in a 60's house dress, complete with an apron, hands folded together, looking present with a smile on her face. And if you can understand this, she didn't see this lady like boom, here she is. She got a "picture message" for lack of a better word, from the ghost. She could never understand why she felt such fear from a ghost that looked nice.

And another time, my mom saw another ghost, this time a little boy and a dog walking up the steet during summer wearing winter weight clothes. She said the boy was really pale and she looked away for only 1 or 2 seconds, and he and the dog were gone.

When I was older and we were having a garage sale, my mom passed the basement which was open and she saw a girl wearing a white dress looking at the all the books, she thought nothing of it because she thought it was me until she found out I was no where near there at the time.

More recently, during the past year, I had the bathroom door open, and in the mirror in there you can see the living room. Well I saw what looked like a short black cloaked mass in front of the small couch, just there one second and gone the next. And I'm still not sure if I really saw this one or not because it was soo odd, a figure in the same mirror a fair distance from my own reflection. So no, it wasn't my reflection before you ask. The figure wasn't even human looking, save for the fact it had a head, two eyes and torso. The eyes were round and black, I can't recall if it had a mouth, the skin was brownish. The figure was flat, no depth at all. It also appeard and disappeard very fast, like in the bilnk of an eye, fast little buggers huh?

Other hauntings by Artist1989

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Artist1989, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ezekiel19 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Hello Artist1989

How are you doing? My name is Keith Linder (google the name) and you will see I for four years have been experiencing strong Poltergeist, semi-demonic activity in Bothell 2012-2016

I ran across this post during my periodical online research for answers to my case.

The fact that you experienced a haunting in Bothell is of interests to me.

Feel free to respond here or at
Macqdor2 [at] gmail.com

I'm eager to know about your ordeal, experience as it relates to the city of Bothell and my case.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
I was googling ghost stories in Bothell (I'm trying to locate a haunting I read about so that I can visit the site), and I came across your old post. Tell your mother to trust her instincts. Evil things often come with pretty faces. Good things don't hide their forms. If three of you really can see all this, I wonder if perhaps there is one evil being taking on the form of humans who once resided in the home, and then there are a few others standing guard over you to make sure it doesn't harm you.
If ever you see an angel, you'll know it. Because it will be the scariest thing you'll ever see. You'll think your life is over.
Only evil shows a pretty face.
Artist1989 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
[at] MandyyNicloe, It's just the three of us since 2006, sad to say.
Artist1989 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Thanks, I'll publish another story soon. Most of my experiences happened in our old house, but there's still more to tell.
p-a-s-d-e-c-h-e-v-a-l (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
That sounds interesting. I'm glad you and your family weren't hurt, and I hope you won't be anytime in the future. Anyway, I'm interested in your past with spirits. If you're comfortable and don't mind sharing more, it would be a pleasure to read other stories.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
I live pretty close to Bothell myself 😁 and agree, what an intriguing run of accounts!
I wonder if all these paranormal characters are attracted to your family's ability to see/feel them, since at least three of you can, maybe they tend to gravitate towards you guys? Has your dad ever witnessed anything in either of the houses?
Artist1989 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
We've moved into a condo, just after we did, my mom saw a transparent two feet tall mist trot past a few boxs in the living room. According to my brother, he saw a dark mist on our mom's bed, looked back and it was gone. Last but not least, I could have sworn I heard a man clear his throt when I was alone in the bathroom, and my brother wasn't home, and on the other side of the bathroom wall is our kitchen, so it wasn't another person on the other side of the wall.That's all at our new place so far,I'll post if anything more happens.Again,thank you for the comments.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Such an active house you were living in there! Wow! I am glad nothing caused you or your family physical harm, the feeling of dread your mother had could have been her own intuition telling to her to "be aware" you know?

It's a shame you aren't still there to look up the history and as suggested get a trusted clairvoyant to look through the house.

Have you or your family had any experiences in your new home since this last house and its experiences?
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Fascinating! I know Bothell and that area is known to be pretty active (look up info about the Maltby cemetery)... If you want, contact A.G.H.O.S.T. They're a local ghost hunting group. I'm sure they'd be thrilled at having a chance to investigate your home.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
bigryan,
Just because someone looks nice doesn't mean that they are. Your comment remained me of the conversation I just had with my son about strangers the other day. 😜
Artist1989 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
The only time I can recall being scared was last year when I had a nightmere in which there was evil sounding laughter coming from my walls, and I couldhear diffrent people talking at the same time, two voices I can recall out of all the ones I heard were a old ladie's voice and a kid's voice. I could not tell what they were saying, and since I could not connect the nightmere to anything specific in the house, I didn't mention it in the story, but that was scary to me, I was freaked out for a couple days after.Sadly, We'v since moved from that house, as a result I won't be able to learn any backstory concerning mine and my family's experiences. Thank you for the comments 😊
bigryan020192 (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
wow thanks for sharing.

Sounds like you have a very active home. Just out of curiosity does it scare you or does it more intrigue you? Personally it facinates me and I don't usually get scared.

By the sounds of things whatever is there means good and they are friendly because they haven't causes you any physical harm. I agree with bacchaegrl, you should get a trustworthy medium and have him walk around your home a few hours, there's got to be a reason your mum got soo scared by a friendly looking spirit.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
Wow, what an account! If everyone really saw all these ghosts, you have quite a history there. I think that your home may contain a portal to the other side. This may explain why you've seen human spirits and not so human spirits. It may also explain why they are all different and seemingly from different eras. Just out of curiosity, I would contact a medium, a trustworthy one, and find out exactly where this vortex is. You know, just to have that information.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: