You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandfather's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather's House

 

My grandfather's house is almost 150 years old. It has been passed to many generations in our family. Since I was a child, my family keeps telling stories about their experiences in that house. I didn't believe them first, thinking that it was just a story to scare my sister and my cousins. Until I had my encounter.

This happened around May of 2011. My family was on vacation in our province, I've been in my grandfather's house before. Every time I enter that house I always feel like someone is welcoming me inside, but no one was really there. Also when I'm on the second floor and alone, I keep on feeling that someone is watching me from a distance.

It was my first night in my grandfathers house in that vacation. My family were sleeping I was the only person awake. I couldn't sleep because I kept having this feeling that something was watching me. I was daydreaming, and suddenly at the corner of my eyes I saw a tall person running from the stairs to the closet. I got frightened and stood up and opened the closet but no one was there. Also, when I was opening it the closet handle felt really cold, almost like ice.

The next day, it was around 3:00 PM, I was sitting in our balcony enjoying the fresh air. I felt like someone was holding my shoulder and I thought it was just my grandfather so I started talking saying "Grandpa, where's Dad?". Then I looked back and no one was there. I got scared and hurried downstairs and found my mom there and ask her if someone went upstairs. She told me that she was watching TV and saw no one go upstairs. I tried to forget about it and tried to enjoy my vacation.

Later it was already night, my cousins and sister were playing on the second floor. As the oldest of all, my task is to watch them. I couldn't do anything at that time so I joined them play. We played tag. As I was running, I looked out a window beside me and saw a lady with a long hair almost covering her face, wearing a long red curtain like dress, near the light switch. I returned to the window where I saw it and saw nothing. My sister cried suddenly and told me that she saw a red lady with the same details as what I saw. I tried lying to her saying it was just her imagination to calm her down.

Anyway, that's mostly all, aside from, there are also some unexplained breathing sounds if you are in the bathroom.

I don't really know were they came from or what they are, are they my deceased family members? Or what? My great great grandfather built that house and I am certain that no one occupied that house aside from my family.

Other hauntings by clark200666

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clark200666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

_obsidianflame (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
are you from hinigaran or himamaylan? I am just wondering... 😕
bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Hi Clark. Where is your 150 year old house located? I want to ghost hunt 😁 But seriously I think you should ask your parents about the background of your lot, the land itself. Maybe spirits you should try talking to the spirits and pray:)
clark200666 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Thanks for the comments guys, My grandad's house is built around 1823 while building the house I've heard 4 construction workers died. The lady in the red curtain like dress she's like wearing a Chinese Dress like this: "http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/66/4/AAAAAg6NakoAAAAAAGZH-g.jpg?v=1187624610000"; but redder, her hair is messy covering her face.

That's all
Clark
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
What a creepy experience! The lady might have been a relative, or perhaps somebody that lived on the land a long time before your family even did. Did you see anything of description about the dress? Did it appear to be from a certain time period? Do you think you might recognize her from photos of your relatives?
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
I found your story intriguing. One thing in common, is that I heard breathing before, right in my ear. I was so shocked that the fear didn't register right away. Another thing in common, my niece just gave me a picture of a lady wearing a long red curtain dress. Coincidence maybe, who knows. It's a little scary that your spirit's hair covers her face. Hopefully she's not too scary and if you read a few of these stories you'll probably see cleansing rituals for getting rid of spirits. Thank you.
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Hello clark200666 - This is a very interesting story. You say that other family members have had experiences in the house also? Your Grandfather to me seems like a person who may be able to answer a lot of your questions. Also other family members may also be able to answer many questions as well. The beauty of this is that you're not the only one to experience things in the house and you can share with those around you.

To me it seems plausible that it could be family members, especially from the welcome feelings you received upon entering the house. They could have been watching your family and yourself out of interest. Bigryan has a point that it is possible that the land could've been haunted before the house was built. It's a very good point. To me though it seems more likely that these are hauntings from after the house was built.

I hope you come back O/P and I hope you find the answers to the questions that you ask. Thank you for sharing your story.
bigryan020192 (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
interesting story, thanks for sharing!

There are two things to think about here
1. The spirits in your grandads house obviously don't mean you any harm, like when you said you were on the balcony and you felt someone touching your shoulder, that sounds like a sign of compassion to me like the spirit wanted to be there with you and comfort you in a way

So I recon you should have a look into the property abit more and see if there were any family who lived there or maybe family photographs, you might be able to recognise the woman in red that way.

2. The second thing you need to remember is that if you are sure no-one occupied the property before your family, the land may be haunted, it is known that when a spirit is bound to a house or property it doesn't matter if the building is knocked down, the spirits will just inhabbit the next building to be built.

Maybe you should contact a reliable medium and ask him to walk around your grandads property and see if he/she can commuunicate with anyone.

Thanks again for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: