You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: I Think It Was An Entity

Real Ghost Stories

I Think It Was An Entity

 

What I'm about to explain may seem confusing, I apologize, but I can barely remember anything.

So last night around 2:30 in the morning I woke up out of a deep sleep. It was completely dark in the house, and it was me and my sister and my niece. I can't remember what woke me up, but as soon as I opened my eyes I could have sworn I saw something red so I panicked jump out of the bed and ran to my sisters room. She was knocked out, but she said that when she woke up I was backing into her room like I was scared that somebody was in the house.

When she asked me WTH I was doing I told her that I was "seeing red". When I went back in the room to sleep again I had left the door open this time.

As I was dosing off into sleep again I was going into the paralysis state. So I forced myself to wake up again then I finally went back to sleep. Now when she woke up in the morning she explained to me that after I left her room she, as well, was seeing red shapes.

When I woke up this morning I was completely exhausted and I couldn't remember anything. Like it was literally bits and pieces to my memory. It makes me mad because I want to know and understand what happened last night.

I can't seem to figure out if it was a face or voice that scared the crap out of me. And why I was so drained after all those hours of sleep last night? Has anybody else had a similar story to mine? Please share.

Also my sister is a bit big on all of that meditation and stuff I hear that when you astral-project its possible you can bring stuff back with you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, native_101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
You had a bad night's sleep, and perchance a nightmare. Once or twice is no biggie, take it easy the rest of the day and you'll catch up on sleep the next night. But if such happens on a regular basis, then you've got something to be concerned about.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
It sounds like sleep paralysis, being able to force your eyes open may be a step in the right direction in overcoming it... It is mind over matter, the paralysis is conjured up by your own sub conscious fears or nightmares... And whilst in a semi conscious state of mind, half asleep/wake, your conscious perception of what is going on has generally no way of snapping out of it, leaving the sufferer at the mercy of their own creation... Very frightening and very common for a lot of people... There are various ways to combat it and understanding it is a good starting point... I suggest you read up on the web, plenty of invo available and look over the stories here on Sleep paralysis... You will find some good advise given in abundance.
Therissa (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
As DeviousAngel it seems like sleep paralysis. I have it too so I can tell you its quite normal to sometimes see bright colours and shapes when on the verge of waking up. Especially if you're under stress or went to bed very tired.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
This sounds like nothing more than a sleep disorder to me. You should visit a doctor and get checked out. You already know that you have sleep paralysis, well, there is your answer. You said you saw red shapes... As did your sister... Does she also have SP? Because it is hereditary, and the red shapes may be hypnagogic/hypnapompic hallucinations.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: