You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Never Touch The Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Never Touch The Shadows

 

My story takes place at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. As for a little back story to the house, it was built in 1943 in an old neighborhood. The house was one floor, and had three bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a living room, a porch, and a gigantic backyard. The three rooms were located down a long narrow hallway, which always creeped me out. My Grandparents room was at the very end, and my room (which later became the laundry/guest room) was right across from it. Then was Nikki's room (My older cousin, who is 11 years older than me) which was across from the bathroom. At the start of the hall was the living room, and in the front was the kitchen.

At the time I was about 4 years of age (I'm 14 now) so I was afraid of the dark. In the middle of the night I had to use the restroom, so I grabbed my Disney princess flashlight out of my toy bin and headed down the hall. I got shivers from the AC my Grandma had turned on. I finished my buissness and proceded to turn off the bathroom light, and click my flashlight on. I was right at the door frame was something caught my eye. It was blacker than the pitch black of the house already, and it stood out. Not possibly the mistake of something shining off of anything, or a trick of positions, I saw the shadow of a person at the end of the hall. The exact end that my room was at. I was frozen with fear for what was most likely a few seconds, but felt like enternity. It started to fade and I made a run for my room. As I passed the spot in which the thing was a few seconds before, I felt something grab my arm. I tripped over a toy as I panicked and jumped into bed, throwing the covers over my head. That's the last time I get up in the middle of night!

Lesson for everyone out there who may be reading this, and is sane enough to believe me, never touch the shadows...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Night14Tales, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostIntentions (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
Hello, my name is Joshua Mooney and I am the founder of a paranormal investigation team. I have read the information you provided and I am very interested in your story. Have you ever thought about having a paranormal team come in for an investigation. You can find more information at ghostintentions.com

Please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Ghostintentions [at] gmail.com
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Shadow people are usually evil. Thank goodness you didn't get injured. I hope you are safe now. Good luck! ❤ KatieChan
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
insane skeptic here

Cchp
where did you study the paranormal? I just want to know where to NOT do my own research.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
cchp, you talk big sir/ma'am. I would be fascinated to hear your encounters, and where you get your expertise from. Because to me this just sounds like a shadow person, though I have not before heard of one actually being able to touch someone or become tangible. I love how people instantly go "IT IS BLACK. IT IS A DEMON. RAWWWR. OOGABOOGA."

Anyway, I agree with sarahmaria. Why would people be insane if they did not believe you? That statement makes me skeptical.
cchp (2 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Black mass. Not shadow. Very devious dark blasphemous creatures. Not something to be taken lightly. These dark spirits are out for one thing only, Torment. If you see a black mass GTFO. <- emphasis.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
You were one brave kid. I would have been screaming my head off and wetting my pants at the same time at that age!

Thanks for sharing ❤
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Spooky 😨. That's really all I have to say but your comments must be at least 50 characters. Thanks for sharing! 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Just the fact that you had enough of your wits about you to make a run for it is pretty impressive. I too, would like to hear what it was like to be touched by one of these entities.
Thanks for sharing!

Jav 😊
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Yes please, what did the feel of the grabbing seem to you? Shadow People have been known for sometime, as they've been 'blacker than black'. This could be one bit more info to help solve the mystery of them...
Http://www.shadowpeople.org/
Skye28 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Please give us some more info about the shadow... I have seen plenty of shadow people in my 28 years of living and none of them ever reached out and grabbed me. Tell us some more about the feeling when it grabbed you.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
So if someone were to not believe you, they would be insane? That seems to be a strange thing to say.
Are you sure it wasn't a family member that was up and grabbed you? Was there any noise at all? What did the touch feel like, warm or cool?
Peace & Blessings,
Sarah

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: