You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Figure In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

Figure In The Corner

 

Before I start my story I would like to say that I know that what I saw wasn't just a trick of the light, or me just seeing things because I was tired, or anything like. I know this because I wasn't the only one to see this, I was just more affected by it then she was.

I was in the eighth or ninth grade when this happened so I had to be between the ages of thirteen and fifteen. It seems like I had a lot of experiences then, actually but I am just going to focus on this one in particular for now.

It had to have been around 6:00-6:30am because I had to get ready for school. I woke up and dragged my exhausted butt out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. The light switch was about four feet away from the bathroom door so I had to walk all the way across the bathroom to turn it on. As I made my way towards it I suddenly froze. It was as though pure terror had stopped me from moving. It wasn't a "I'm in terrible danger" terror but "something is here that shouldn't be" kind of terror (I hope that makes sense).

I slowly turned towards a corner of the bathroom. I saw the figure of a small child and I didn't know but somehow I just knew that a little girl was in that corner. I was about to scream but it was like something had stolen the scream from me, nothing would come out. Finally it just shot in my mind "turn on the!^9%*ng light!" I know I moved towards it fast but everything seemed like it was in slow motion. As soon as I flipped the switch the scream escaped, but there wasn't anything in the corner anymore.

A few months later we took a friends daughter in and she claimed to have seen the same thing, only she wasn't affected nearly as badly as I was.

Other hauntings by hiya_hayz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hiya_hayz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Sorry Dragon, I didn't see your comment. I have since moved from the house and I am not in conact with the current owners.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Thankyou, I truly appreciate your advice but I don;t really want to make contacts with any spirits.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Has there been any other strange happenings in the house since the sighting of this ghost in the house? Maybe she just wanted to say hello, it certainly doesn't seem to be nasty, I know when I am taken off guard even my cats can spook me 😉
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Spirits often come because they want you to see. If they use all their energy it takes a while to collect enough energy to materialise solidly. You might try lying down in the room and try to make a connection between asleep and awake mode, as this seems to be the easiest way and takes the least amount of energy for them. Usually when contacted this way they can show you or otherwise communicate with you as to what they want, and normally you can see them in solid form using this technique.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
No little girls that I know have had died in my family. I certainly didn't have anything that a little girl would attach to (at least I don't think I did). My mom had antiques that were pretty old. A little girl could attach herself to one of those I guess. I don't know why but to me it just sounds unlikely that one would. Most of it is old jewlery and an ancient vanity table that was made around the time of Presidant Lincoln's presidency.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Have any little girls died in your family that you know of? I hope not, but that could be an explanation since the house is fairly new... Or are there any antique items or even clothing in your household a child spirit could be attached to?
Peace & Blessings,
Sarah
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
About a year after this happened my mom friend had her daughter move in with us and she saw it. Neither of us saw what this little girl looked like. You need to imagine being in a dark room with another person. You can't make out details, just the shape. I haven't seen this figure since that one time and as far as I know neither has the other person who saw it. But both of us somehow just knew that it was a little girl. It was one of those gut feelings. I could tell that she was staring/watching me as I was trying to find that light switch.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Sometimes the shock of seeing a spirit, or feeling or just KNOWING that they're there cause people to feel fear. She is strong enough to manifest completely, which though not uncommon, uses up a lot of energy on her part. Has she shown herself to anyone else? What does she look like, etc.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
I wish I could find out more. It was a new house. The family that lived in it before us had built it just a few years before. I don't think there would be much information on the house because it was (and still is) fairly new.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
hmm that's interesting, I would've been freaked out too but it doesn't sound like its malevolent or harmful necessarily. It would be interesting to find out more about the property. Just be careful, don't get in over your head. Good luck!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: