You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Floating Fire

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Fire

 

About 4 years ago I moved into an apartment with my ex boyfriend who I was engaged to at the time. I was 24, I'm 28 now. He had been acting strange for a while. Like maybe he didn't care about me or want to be around me anymore, but I was in denial about it because I was in love so I ignored my intuition and assumed it was just a phase even though he was really starting to hurt my feelings.

Anyway one night about a week or two after we moved in I had a dream & I don't know if this is connected to what I saw afterward but I'll tell it anyway because it seems like it may have been. I don't remember all the details about it, but basically in the dream a house was on fire and me and his mom were there & I think some of his other family members. His family couldn't get out for some reason and instead of him helping them he just kept making the fire worse I told him I was going to stay there in the burning house unless he helped them get out but he didn't do anything or seem to care if I died in the burning house with them. It was kind of a disturbing dream because in real life he adored his family and would never do anything to hurt them.

When I woke up (in the middle of the night) I laid there thinking about the strange dream for a moment & then it got darker in the room. It was just as if someone turned a light off in the other room. It was strange but I figured maybe it was car lights, or my eyes were playing tricks since I just woke up. I did look towards the hallway though and after a moment a floating form of fire apeared in the hallway just a little behind the doorway about a foot from the ceiling. It didn't have a specific shape, it was somewhat round but not a perfect circle like an orb. It was about the size of a basketball, maybe a little bigger. It also lit up the room a little so I believe it had been there when I was laying there thinking about the dream and when it quit burning is when the room got darker.

It hovered in the same spot at least 30 seconds then slowly vanished and I never saw it again. The fire didn't scare me because for some reason I didn't feel threatened by it. I could just sense that it wasn't something evil, but it definitely got my attention.

I think it may have been related to the dream I had, it didn't make perfect sense but it was almost as if I was being told that if I stayed with my boyfriend I would get burned. Not litterally but basically that he would hurt me. Like I was being looked out for. We broke up a couple weeks latet. It was for the best. I'm married to my best friend now and couldn't ask for a better man.

I have been searching the internet like crazy trying to find someone else that has seen floating fire like this, but haven't found anyone yet that has seen it or might know what it is so it would be really awesome if people would share any insight they may have.

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mysticdream, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mysticdream (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Thanks for the comments everyone. Yes I was starting to have doubts about our relationship before the dream but I guess I was just in denial. I have wondered if it could have been a guardian spirit... Whatever it was I'm thankful that they cared enough to warn me.
To taz890 I never thought about his mom being in the dream because she would be hurt too... That makes a lot of sence though I really liked his mom & she really liked me too, a few hours before we broke up she came over with him & was acting a little weird & gave me a huge hug before she left. Looking back I think he told her cause its almost like she knew & wanted to tell me bye it was sweet lol I'm so lucky now My husband has both a mom & a step mom who I'm both even closer to. Thats something I was worried I wouldn't have again:)
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Im not sure what it was, perhaps it was trying to warn you about the relationship. But I'm glad that you are happy now. Hope you find the answers you are looking for.
Carolann
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
What a wonderful story here, Mysticdream. I do believe that this dream and subsequent visit (from the 'orb') was indeed warning you about your relationship. It definately would've been freaky to see that in your dream though.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
have to agree with the other comments on this one what ever it was, was giving you a warning.
Like you said in the dream he did not seam to care if you got burnt, this is your subconcious telling you that he was not 100% for you and the relationship was in a way harmful. Not in the phisical sence but your feelings.
Can I ask were you having doubts around the time? You do say it was only a few weeks before you split up with him.
Our dreams sometimes have messages built in but it can be easy to miss.
Also I guess you got on well with his mum, I say this as she was with you and again he did not seam bothered, your mind could have been telling you that she would get hurt too seeing the relationship not going well.
Just some thoughts
Carl
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
We have a similar story here in the Philippines. It is part of a local folklore, locally called "Santelmo" (or St. Elmo's Fire). It is usually a warning and guide for sailors who sail out at night. It's said that it appears if something terrible at sea will happen.

Not sure if it's related to what you have experienced, but the Santelmo here in the Philippines pretty much serve the same purpose: to warn.:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
That is a very bizarre experience. Perhaps a guardian spirit? The fact that it appeared as fire to you right after the dream you had suggests maybe it was trying to tell you something about your ex. Maybe it wanted the best for you and did not want you to stay there with him. I am glad you got out of that situation and are happy now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: