You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Screaming Blonde

Real Ghost Stories

Screaming Blonde

 

As promised in my last page, this is the story of my first sighting. I apologize, this will be slightly lengthy. I was born in Phoenix, and lived there until I was about eight. We lived in a big house with a grapefruit orchard in the back, a main floor, and an upper level. The uppder level had a landing that jutted out over the kitchen and held our TV and a day bed.

Well, while I lived back home, I was always sick. At this current point in time, I was dealing with a stomach flu that lasted for about two months. During this time, my mother had also just given birth to my brother, and this all happened around the time of the 9/11 attacks on the WTC. When my mom brought him home, we were all scared of what would happen to a big city like Phoenix should more attacks happen, so paranoia didn't help what was about to happen.

Two days after 9/11 I got the medication I needed and had to sleep on the day bed until I was well. The first night I was there, I had no incident. Woke up the next day nausious, sat and watched Thundercats, played with my Barbie, couldn't hold anything in my stomach. Usual kid illness stuff. Then nightfall came. At about midnight, my mom had to go downstairs to get some formula for my brother, who wouldn't be quiet and was making having the flu worse. After taking him downstairs I heard her put him in his playpen and he began to quiet, playing with a dinosaur he had. I heard mom open the fridge and heard her clash around getting the formula. I then also heard her drop the bottle and a blood curtling scream errupted from the kitchen.

My father, hearing this, jumped out of bed and ran downstairs while I crawled over the the ledge to look down. Right before my dad got down there, I saw a blonde woman in a white shirt that was too big and white socks staring at my younger brother and screaming at the top of her lungs. My brother then screamed himself and began to cry. When she saw my dad running towards her, she ran out the screen door (which we kept locked but open), and vanished. Or rather, through it. My dad stopped in his tracks and my mom picked up my brother and came back upstairs to see if I was alright.

Skip forward a month without incident. I was feeling better, and sleeping in my own room that was connected to my parent's by a Jack-and-Jill bathroom. Sitting in there with my mom it was dark and we were watching a movie, my brother asleep and my dad at work. In the middle of the movie, the glass doors that opened to a patio outside my parent's bedroom slammed open, one of them breaking. It was raining and windy that night, but it wasn't THAT windy. Outside, under the patio, she began wailing again. Running out, I looked down to see her glaring up at me, her eyes hollow and her mouth gaping, like she was going to suck the whole house into her mouth. I screamed and ran inside, calling my dad to come home that instant, that the door was broken and it was back. Looking outide again despite my fear, I saw her walking backwards towards the orchard. Soon she wasn't visible through the rain.

That night, we spent the remainder at my aunt's, my dad returning to work and my cousin taking me to get ice cream so I wouldn't shake as much and would tell her what happened. Afterwards I had her take me home to get some clothes and my pills, and I kept seeing the blonde out the window in the orchard, sometimes with her mouth still gaping, others under a grapefruit tree doing what looked like sobbing into her hands. I rushed myself and grabbed clean and dirty clothes alike, along with my Barbie and a stuffed animal, asking my cousin to wash them when we got to my aunt's. I refused to go home the remainder of my illness, so I stayed with my cousin and aunt until then.

Part 2 ofher antics will come soon. And they get much, much worse.

Other hauntings by Losthopelessly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Losthopelessly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Lost hopelessly, I've been waiting for you to post again. Can you tell me any more about your spirit? How was she dressed, hair style etc?
Losthopelessly (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Let me start off by saying this: You don't believe my story? Get off my page. It isn't rocket science. I never claimed to be a fantastic author. I did leave details out due to saving characters. My brother's toy? One of those dumb beanie babies probably all of you had as kids too.

Next, I don't care about what the "normal" sound for a scared baby is. I'm not a kid person. I don't care. Put pieces together. He was making a noise that was a scream and a cry. Seriously, I was 8, like I cared, he was just making too much noise, and I was scared.

Next: So what? I wasn't a wimpy kid. I did have my cousin with me when I went to grab my medications and clothes and some toys. I'm the daughter of a marine and a Naval nurse. I was raised not to be too afraid of things. I wasn't a wussy kid like some of you are making me out to be. You don't know me, or how I am, so don't try and make it like you do. Back. Off.

Last: I don't care if it doesn't make sense to you what was said about this woman I saw, and the theories surrounding her. I WAS 8! I cannot emphasize that enough. I didn't pay attention when my parents said the phrase "FBI" or when I heard about a missing woman on the news, got it? This is all being pulled from my memory.

Now, with all of that said, those of you who do not believe my story, don't read the next one. Simple as that. Those of you who do, I thank you for being able to understand what I'm saying, and try and give ideas as to what was happening to my family. So, again, I thank those people.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Pjod,
I get what you mean, and in most cases you'd be correct. I'm just saying that I was different. I probably wouldn't do it now even, but when I was little I was THAT kid. I would do stupid stuff on a dare. It's not something I'm real proud of, it's just who I was.

Jav
unforgiven1 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
...confused...
"During this time, my mother had also just given birth to my brother, and this all happened around the time of the 9/11 attacks on the WTC. When my mom brought him home... At about midnight, my mom had to go downstairs to get some formula for my brother, who wouldn't be quiet and was making having the flu worse. After taking him downstairs I heard her put him in his playpen and he began to quiet, playing with a dinosaur he had."

How does a new born baby play with a dinosaur? 😕
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Jav.
To be under 8 years old, having a screaming life like entity stalking you? Eh, just raises a big flag for me. It is one thing to brave a typical haunting, or poltergeist like activity... But for a 7-8 year old kid to venture bravely back into the house that same night, taking the time to collect some toys... All the while watching out the window, through the dark, at this thing hanging out in the orchard? None of it makes sense.
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Ok, I hate to be "that girl" especially in my first post but... Some of this story doesn't make sense.

"During this time, my mother had also just given birth to my brother, and this all happened around the time of the 9/11 attacks on the WTC. When my mom brought him home... At about midnight, my mom had to go downstairs to get some formula for my brother, who wouldn't be quiet and was making having the flu worse. After taking him downstairs I heard her put him in his playpen and he began to quiet, playing with a dinosaur he had." Okay, how could he possibly be playing with a dinosaur? Anyone who has ever been anywhere near a newborn baby would know that they do nothing more then eat, sleep, cry and poop! They don't even know they have hands yet.

Then further down you say that the blonde thing screamed scaring your brother causing him to scream and then start crying... Again babies or at least newborns are not capable of screaming. A crying scream sure, but not a scream and then crying.

That being said, I'm not saying I don't believe you, as your story is quite creepy, somethings just don't add up for me. 😕
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
[at] PJOD,
I have to disagree with you there. I was just that way myself, I would have gone back in as long as there was someone with me. Seriously, I made a lot of change taking dares when I was a kid. Ans I would have done it.

Jav
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
indigo,
interesting read! Thanks for the info.
I just can't get past the part, of being under the age of 8 - going back into the house the same night after that description of what went on there, causing them to leave in the first place. This I'm sure of, no child is going back to that house at night, the very night, after that type of haunting.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Indigo,

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge regarding this matter. I have also not heard of this such thing, and it really seems to fit into the O/P's particular situation.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
[at] Indigo,
Wow! You got my attention now! I have never heard about any of this before. Of course, why would I? I'm not native American. But this is fascinating, and I'd also like to hear the rest of what the o/p has to say. Thank you Indigo.

Jav ❤
Indigo (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Mentally ill people also become CHINDI when they die... According to some native beliefs. Native warriors would NEVER kill someone they thought to be mentally ill, for fear of creating a CHINDI, which in turn, would try to destroy their families for having "wronged" them.
Indigo (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Please, let the o/p finish the story. Lol trust me, it's QUITE possible for natives to have killed her, although my bet is that a cultural misunderstanding caused the FBI to ASSUME it was a murder.

Here's what I want to know and why:
What race is the o/p and her family.
Describe the shirt please. Look up Olivia newton Johns clothing in the early 80s. This was the popular style of dress then. Did it look like that? What was the blondes hair style like? What year was your home that you lived in built? What year did you move in? Was the blonde Caucasian or native looking? (people of mixed native origin are quite often blonde).

Now here's why I want to know:
I believe that the o/p is writing about a Native American CHINDI.
A CHINDI is a ghost. I've always heard of them screaming and having hollow eyes (my Paiute grandfather told me of them) you are never to look into their eyes or stare at them as it invites them back and they will be very difficult to get rid of at that point. CHINDI cause "ghost sickness", and seek out the young children in a home, because young children are not as attached to their bodies and go with the CHINDI more easily than an adult. According to native beliefs, a CHINDI is caused by a person either dying inside a home instead of OUTSIDE, or possibly because a coffin was used or any other underground type of burial. If this woman had been ill to the point that medications weren't effective, the natives of that time would have left her outside to die (appearing much like a murder) her name would never be allowed to be spoken again, so questioning by the FBI would have gotten silence, and would have looked like guilt and collaboration. If the blonde was of the tribe, and was murdered in or around your home, she would also become CHINDI and scream, trying to attack the children.
The CHINDI are dangers to adults as well, especially if they were 'wronged' by the people that live there or lived there prior.

I HIGHLY recommend that you find a pima or Navajo or even possibly Sioux medicine man to cleanse yourself, your family and your homes, even if you no longer live there.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
so you returned back home, that same night with your cousin, to get some things (including meds) -- this part to me is just not believable. A young girl as yourself, after such an encounter, would be in the shock of a lifetime... Maybe a male family member going back into the house that night to grab your meds, makes a little more sense...
That and the native american thing, have me in doubt.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Wait, a Native American clan kidnapped and killed a woman in the not so distant past? I don't think anything like that would happen in modern times. I'm with D/A, it doesn't sound plausible. What do you think it was?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Well as far as the girl that went missing, I doubt that a Native American clan would kidnap a girl and kill her for no reason. I am with Indigo in wondering why that was the theory. Rook brought up a few good points that suggest it may not be a banshee but just a spirit. What bothers me is that you were not the only one to see it... And it showed itself in front of your whole family, pretty much. It was even bold enough to just wander around the orchard while you were collecting your things.

This sounds to me like a very disturbed human spirit more than anything. Scared, lost, angry... Hopefully she has moved on by now, but she really may need help crossing over.
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
I need to know more about this one also. Too large a shirt and socks= roughly 80's attire... If she fit the description of a missing woman, have you checked library microfilms for newspaper reports or photos? Can you tell us more about what the FBI said, and why they thought it was a small native American clan? My gears are turning on this one. I'll post my thoughts after I get a chance to read the rest... But I may have an idea.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Interesting. I'm not so sure this is a Banshee however... To many 'appearances' and in some she is not wailing (screaming)...the O/P also does not mention any deaths in her family in association with these 'sightings'.

Losthopelessly,

If I had one question I could ask it would be about that, were there any deaths in your Family after this 'Spirits' appearances?

I am looking forward to part 2 of this experience, I am hoping it will help 'shed' light on what this may have been. My money is on the poor woman who went missing... Her 'Spirit' having returned home and finding other people there...

Just my guess.

Respectfully,

Rook
Losthopelessly (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
[at] Elephante81: Yes, both parents, and a family friend saw her. I did not discuss her until my dad brought her up with me, afraid he'd tell me I was just being foolish. All of this will be in my next post. And yes, we knew what was medically wrong with me, a Stomach Flu, clearly stated in the post. The only meds I was on were Ogminton, with only a sore throat as a side-affect for me.

Bacchaegrl: No, her screamings also happened after my illness.

[at] Moongrim: We did find out later that a woman had gone missing a few years before we moved to the home, and it was thought that a small Native American clan had kidnapped her and killed her in a corn field by FBI and police, though no body was ever found.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Banshees are often a product of woman who was murdered. I'd have recommended checking out that orchard for any burials...
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Wow, super creepy. I agree with everyone. DeviousAngle is right about the banshee part, Elephante81 and bacchaegrl about you not realising how sick you really are. Although I do not know you, I kind of am concerned 😢 Please get better soon:) God Bless you ❤ ❤
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Wow, that sounds absolutely horrible. I am sorry you had to go through that. Do you have any ideas as to why she was there? If she was a banshee, I think bacchaegrl is right about you being more sick than you realized. 😢

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to your next story.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Oh my goodness! That sounds really scary! So it just happened during your illness? That's unreal! I agree with D/A, sounds like a banshee. But the clothes description doesn't really fit a banshee. But what do I know? I've never personally seen one. Good thing she went away. You may have been a lot sicker than you realized if she stuck around.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Were your parents able to see her as well? Did you ever discuss your incidents with them? I'm just curious to see if they were seeing her too. Also, did you ever find out what was medically wrong with you? I'm assuming since you had to take pills, it wasn't carbon monoxide poisoning or anything like that... Which could possibly cause you to hallucinate.
Just a theory... Thanks for sharing!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Wow, thank you for sharing this experience. I am sure others might bring this up too, but I was wondering if this was a ghost or a banshee? Either way, very creepy... And I sympathize with your flu experience, I was there once myself. Except I was living with my grandma and she refused to take me to the hospital. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: